IGNORED

Hera Primera

8bitAndy

On 2/21/2024 at 2:10 PM, playvectrex said:

Would you please post your update here?

I sent an email and received this response.

Hello,

The overlays are in production and will be delivered in the second half of February. So shipping can start at the end of February.

Best regards

Sebastian

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received an official email!

Dear pre-orderers of »Hera Primera«,

The delivery date for the overlays has finally been set. They will arrive on 4 April. Delivery of the »Hera Primera« can therefore begin on 8 April 2024.

Please find attached a photo of the last overlay prototype and pictures of the module production.

Thank you for your patience.

Sounds like they experienced another delay, but it's nice to have a date.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Display Name said:

Just received an official email!

Dear pre-orderers of »Hera Primera«,

The delivery date for the overlays has finally been set. They will arrive on 4 April. Delivery of the »Hera Primera« can therefore begin on 8 April 2024.

Please find attached a photo of the last overlay prototype and pictures of the module production.

Thank you for your patience.

Sounds like they experienced another delay, but it's nice to have a date.

I received the same email. Looking forward to receiving the game.

3 hours ago, thunder-rabbit said:

I got the message that the game shouldn't be delivered to me until July😱

Interesting.  I received a shipping notification, written in German, but it looks like shipping is impending for my order.

The month and date digits seem to follow European format in all the communications I've received...I'm hoping your July date is just a mix-up along those lines.  Good luck!

30 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Interesting.  I received a shipping notification, written in German, but it looks like shipping is impending for my order.

The month and date digits seem to follow European format in all the communications I've received...I'm hoping your July date is just a mix-up along those lines.  Good luck!

Same for me. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hcmffm said:

Yesterday I've received my copy of Hera Primera. I assume that in the next days many people will receive their copy, too.

Have you played it? Someone experienced issues with their cart ("...Cartdridge shows up the Vetrex Start-Screen an then IT DISSAPEARS."). I'm wonder if that's a one-off, or if all of the carts may be affected. 

I'm not a Facebook user, but a friend mentioned that the author confirmed that there is an issue, and that shipping has been temporarily suspended.  Though the grapevine, I heard the issue is related to no-buzz Vectrexes, but I haven't confirmed that.

Still haven't received my official shipping notification, so it looks like I've got a while longer before I'll be playing any Hera Primera.

On 4/18/2024 at 3:58 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Have you played it? Someone experienced issues with their cart ("...Cartdridge shows up the Vetrex Start-Screen an then IT DISSAPEARS."). I'm wonder if that's a one-off, or if all of the carts may be affected. 

I haven't played Hera Primera but I tried to run it. Result is that Hera Primara runs on buzz-Vectrex consoles but does not run on non-buzz Vectrex consoles (Serial numbers 31xxxxx and 4xxxxxx). Poly.play is currently ellaborating this and is looking for a solution.

Edited by hcmffm
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hcmffm said:

I haven't played Hera Primera but I tried to run it. Result is that Hera Primara runs on buzz-Vectrex consoles but does not run on non-buzz Vectrex consoles (Serial numbers 31xxxxx and 4xxxxxx). Poly.play is currently ellaborating this and is looking for a solution.

Appreciate the update.

7 hours ago, hcmffm said:

I believe the issue is the /CARTS line is used to drive /CE on the PROM, but no-buzz veccy's don't have that line connected, so it floats around.  This causes the data lines to output garbage while the system is booting, which interferes with read/writes to the VIA, RAM and MCU.

If you want to try this mod, it should work.  Cut the trace highlighted in pink, wherever you can... and then add a wire where the blue one is shown.  Keep the solder on the PCB finger near the top to avoid getting it down by where the cart edge connector in the vectrex touches the PCB fingers.

UPDATE: One person has confirmed this mod works on their 31xxxxx vectrex :D
 image.thumb.png.150c81fdb96367b5db1af126c782def2.pngI

Edited by playvectrex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I received mine with a manual. The game runs but unfortunately, I have another problem I've never experienced before on any other vectrex game: while the ship and orb with the human are displayed correctly, the enemies flying down in formation have an extremely low brightness level making them nearly invisible even without the overlay. With the overlay, it's unplayable.

I don't think it's my vectrex because Minefield, Berzerk and Kristof's Vector Patrol are being displayed correctly, with and without overlays. My vectrex is an unmodded 3000-GI-Euro.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here?