IGNORED

PICS of Activision promotional items

JayAre

19 hours ago, Machine said:

I recently traded an Activision Employee some of my reproduction patches for a new activision tshirt and a new activision patch. Here is the patch below, never seen another...

btw:  Oh, anyone interested in the a set of the Stampede coasters? I am checking into having a set made up for myself and so if someone else wants a set, let me know...

explor.jpg

Interesting, but new, since it says Blizzard.

• Like 1

As per CPUWIZ's excellent idea of using this as the official Activision promo thread, I submit the following:

Well, this is one that I think everyone has seen before.  It's the promo belt buckle for STAMPEDE.  I remember reading in either the 2600 Connection or Digital Press that this buckle was a give-away at a party that Activision hosted.  Maybe it was the release party for the game.  If memory serves me correctly, I think it also said that 500 of these buckles were produced.  I was going to take pictures of the one in my collection, but I found these really nice pics on eBay, so I'll use these.  Attached are pics of the buckle still sealed in its plastic bag.

Yeehaw!

More promo items to come in the following days.....

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Cool, I have 2 of those as well, one new in bag and a loose one..

Nice.  It's always cool to have a loose one, in case you wanna strap it on and go line dancing.  Then, go home and have a cold one, always remembering to use the Stampede leather coaster.

I've noticed that these have been selling for close to $80 (new in bag).

Line Dance Instructors and Dancers at your Dallas Western Party

Edited by JayAre

22 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

You will likely never see another.

Wow, Wiz, that is awesome!!!  And you're right; there probably isn't another one of these anywhere.

I know that guests were given a safari jacket and hat, as seen in the attached pic.  Could that be what they were referring to when they said "Please dress for a Safari Adventure!"?

PitfallParty.thumb.jpg.fad527aa774e0f475981ce67e9e6871d.jpg

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Well crap guys!  Everyone keeps coming up with things even more impressive than the last!   Love this but feeling very inferior. ?

Your not alone. I don’t own any Activision promo items, but I did have my Pitfall!, Keystone Kapers and Crackpots CIBs signed by David Crane, Gary Kitchen and Dan Kitchen at last years PRGE. All three gentlemen were very nice and spent some time just talking about the games.

This is a great thread?

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Well crap guys!  Everyone keeps coming up with things even more impressive than the last!   Love this but feeling very inferior. ?

To echo Bill's sentiments...

How in the hell do you follow those two incredible posts by CPUWIZ and CVGA?  Well, I'll bring things back down to Earth talking about a much, much more common item - the promotional hockey puck for Activision's ICE HOCKEY.  I don't know if many of you know this, but there were three "variants" of the puck (that I know of).  There was one with a TM symbol next to the company name, and the back of the puck was blank.  There was another with an R symbol, with the back of the puck also blank.  And the last one has the R symbol, but the NHL logo appears on the back, and the color of the printing was different.  I don't know anything about all these trademarks with the TM and R symbols, but I assume that, when these pucks were made, Activision was changing their corporate structure (i.e. going from TM to R, or vice versa) and used the symbol that was in effect at the time.  Here are pictures of the three pucks.  I'm also attaching the magazine ad where you could send away for one of these awesome pucks, for free.  And a pic of the ICE HOCKEY promo poster as well.

Puck with TM symbol

puck10001.thumb.jpg.3dc4d8cfa4bcb1afc2ac42d60a750d71.jpg

Puck with R symbol

puck20001.thumb.jpg.2f02b044cf6e0d15f1324045fbe21ef0.jpg

Puck with R symbol and NHL logo on the back

image.jpeg.e723d945598b503f5a760ac528cd9bf3.jpeg

image.jpeg.026312c0ccdf313989bdde208e6df9bc.jpeg

Magazine ad

Atari 2600 VCS Ice Hockey : scans, dump, download, screenshots ...

Promotional poster

DSC00167.thumb.JPG.9c104aefd1e5e72a055f35b2dfb4f999.JPG

Edited by JayAre
  • Like 3