IGNORED

PICS of Activision promotional items

JayAre

19 minutes ago, JayAre said:

Now this is really bizarre.  If you look at the map, you'll notice that there's a bat, a rat, and what appear to be some condors.  Doesn't that sound familiar?  All three of those creatures would later appear in Pitfall II.  But Pitfall II was still more than a year away.  Coincidence?

Probably a coincidence since there are also monkeys and tigers. If the tiger would have been a mountain lion (Quickclaw), then I'd be suspicious.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayAre said:

You know, for the longest time, I thought this was for Stampede.  Until I realized it was for Happy Trails on the Intellivision.  Still cool though.

That's too funny. For some reason I was thinking it was for Stampede also until I took the picture and then I remembered and was "Oh yeah, that's for Happy Trails" lol.

• Like 1

Well, I'm pretty much done posting Activision promo items from my collection.  If I ever acquire any more, I'll be sure to update the thread.

I took one last look online and found these two items.

Thanks once again to everyone who has contributed/commented to this thread; it's been wonderful seeing all these incredible items.

Kaboom mobile

image.jpeg.4569874a828cee647ad0087cd5ff732a.jpeg

Chopper Command poster

1982 Rare Atari AcTiVision "Chopper Command" Advertising Poster ...

Edited by JayAre
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, JayAre said:

Well, I'm pretty much done posting Activision promo items from my collection.  If I ever acquire any more, I'll be sure to update the thread.

This is such a fun thread, thanks for starting it and sharing your cool stuff. I love looking at these and I hope people continue to add from time to time. I can't tell you how many times I have scrolled through the thread looking at all the amazing items. Thanks JayAre for sharing and thanks everyone else for contributing!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Machine said:

This is such a fun thread, thanks for starting it and sharing your cool stuff. I love looking at these and I hope people continue to add from time to time. I can't tell you how many times I have scrolled through the thread looking at all the amazing items. Thanks JayAre for sharing and thanks everyone else for contributing!

Thanks for the kind words.  That's great that you've enjoyed the thread.  It really has been a lot of fun.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 3:07 PM, JayAre said:

This one looks to be pretty rare.  It's a Chopper Command promo cap.  It looks like a French foreign legion hat, with the flaps on the back.  I can't find any pictures of it online.  But I did spot it on two occasions in the pictures that I have of the Activision Family Vacation to Maui.  In the first picture below, you'll see Dan Kitchen wearing one; and in the second picture, there's someone on the left side of the pic with one as well.  Hopefully, a better picture of it will surface at some point.

Maui.thumb.jpg.ca3542ab6eadc68ff652996125c8dfba.jpg

maui280001.thumb.jpg.f348dee10ee193a48467314b2ddeb9ad.jpg

Same goes for this StarMaster shirt:

maui0019.jpg.2c4868510ce83a3bde5382bdd1e006ff.jpg

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of you may remember this post from a few weeks ago, in a different thread.  I hadn't thought of this until now, but I guess the "Activision Cup" trophy seen in the picture can be considered a promotional item, right?  Kind of, I guess.  Well, here's an article which talks about Activision's ICE HOCKEY video game contest, along with a pic of Bryan Trottier during the contest.  Participants had to be 15 or under.

Mr. Leibowitz, if you're reading this, and you still have the trophy on your mantel, please post some pictures of it.

Arcade Magazine (1983) – Retro Hound | Ice hockey, Arcade, Magazine

Brian Trottier plays Activision Ice Hockey.

Edited by JayAre
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, moycon said:

Is it just me or is this one of the greatest AA threads ever!!? EVER!!! Proof 2020 isn't complete crap.

This thread pretty much made my weekend. I had a great time sharing and seeing everyone else's stuff.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JayAre said:

A little off topic, but anyone ever notice the Activision promo item that can be seen in this picture of Dan Kitchen from the Crackpots manual?

That's not off topic. Looks like a cool Stampede belt buckle. All the cool kids had them!

• Like 2