IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 8 - TRON: Deadly Discs

I'm playing on my original Intellivision II with my original Tron: Deadly Discs cart. 

At first there were was some bad graphics, but taking the cart apart and doing the pencil eraser trick on the contacts edge took care of that.

I'm getting a small vertical scan line on the screen when I play (using RF to coax adapter on a modern TV).  But occasionally the picture would get snowy.  I'd have to jump up off the couch to wiggle the cable.  Not optimal!  I was just getting warmed up when that happened and of course, I died.  :(

IMG_5036.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, gar0u said:

I'm playing on my original Intellivision II with my original Tron: Deadly Discs cart. 

At first there were was some bad graphics, but taking the cart apart and doing the pencil eraser trick on the contacts edge took care of that.

I'm getting a small vertical scan line on the screen when I play (using RF to coax adapter on a modern TV).  But occasionally the picture would get snowy.  I'd have to jump up off the couch to wiggle the cable.  Not optimal!  I was just getting warmed up when that happened and of course, I died.  :(

The White Wolf has returned!  Good to see ya again.  ?

You still have time to work on that score over the weekend. I have faith you can exceed a million!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Awesome score Rick! You definitely got the hang of this one now. 

Yeah no doubt. When you feverishly play the same game for 3 weeks straight (including the sneak peek) you learn alot of new tricks. ?

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Yes Rickster LOL ? what happened to “Guys I can’t get one extra point beyond a million” LOL ? .... amazing improvement man !!! ??

Well that was a few weeks ago. Tronny got better hahahaha... Alot better..... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

I don't know you guys. I thought I had recognizers figured out. Blasted 2 in a row, then missed the next 10. I just don't understand the timing and I seem to get only 1 or 2 attempts before the web gets me. Obviously I'm missing something.

Did you watch the world record video I had shared earlier? That should give you all you need. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

One thing I did start doing though is launching my disc towards a door and an enemy, then I teleport over to the other side while it's still enroute across the screen. A lot of times I'll take out a dude, and then arrive in time to catch the disc on the other side and deploy it again at someone else nearby.

That’s a good strategy. 

• Like 2