IGNORED

Pre-order period for “The Sorrow of Gadhlan’ Thur” (Kai Magazine) for Intellivision begins.

Kai_Magazine

4 hours ago, cmadruga said:

That's how we roll over here!

BTW, I'm finding that a nice feature of the Fu' Kin helmet is prevention of fall damage. It just takes a well timed 2nd jump.

Nicely done, sir. Excellent game.

Sounds like you're saying if you can use the 2nd jump at a height in which the character will not sustain damage (or appreciable damage) one can effectively mitigate a TON of damage from falls?

12 hours ago, Eisengrim said:

I'm considering getting the new rom and starting over so I can make a proper map of where items are. I haven't played in a while because I've kind of hit a wall (and not one of those green or orange ones). I made it to the Eastern Desert and am outclassed by enemies so I think I might be in a spot I'm not supposed to be visiting yet.

What lies beyond that desert is very intriguing, and well worth the trip.?

Just now, cmadruga said:

Looking forward to it! Hearing from Kai Magazine how I might need to look elsewhere before exploring the desert inspired me and I finally got the Fu' Kin Helmet and then a ring I've had my eye on a long time. Now on to the desert!

• Like 1

What I most liked about this game (from a gameplay standpoint) was that grinding was NOT needed.

Here's my save, in case anyone would like to take a look. Saved it right before the grand finale.

Obviously, if you do use this save, you will see some spoilers.

EDIT: nah, on second thought, never mind ;-)

Edited by cmadruga

Congratulations!

AFAIK you are the first one to finish the game!

Please feel free to send me a PM (in order to avoid spoilers) and let me know what you think about what you felt when you saw what's beyond the desert, and what you felt when you saw the ending.

Yes, indeed grinding is not required if you are skilled enough. Grinding is an extra so everyone can eventually finish the game regardless of their skills, as long as they are patient enough. I can finish the game at a ridiculously low level, with a bare minimum amount of kives and axes, in under 30 minutes, but that is an extreme.

Just to let you know that the game:

1- allows speed runs

2- adapts to every single kind of player, so it is accessible to anyone (who enjoys this kind of games).

So yeah, a lot of thinking went into the development of this game. Thank you very much for appreciating it ^_^

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Congratulations!

AFAIK you are the first one to finish the game!

Please feel free to send me a PM (in order to avoid spoilers) and let me know what you think about what you felt when you saw what's beyond the desert, and what you felt when you saw the ending.

Yay!

Just sent you a PM with thoughts and feedback.

But in short, it was really a great experience.

On 11/3/2021 at 10:57 PM, cmadruga said:

Wow, yes - not sure what to make of that place yet. I finally got the key I was looking for so I should be set to approach the last section.

Edited by Eisengrim

1 hour ago, Eisengrim said:

Wow, yes - not sure what to make of that place yet. I finally got the key I was looking for so I should be set to approach the last section.

I shared with Kai some of my theories back when I got there. It would be interesting to know how you have interpreted it, once you are done.

Edited by cmadruga

Wow - just finished, what a great ending for a great game! It's probably the most complete game for Intellivision, by which I mean it has so many elements. RPG, action, level progression, story progression, obtaining better items and abilities, and so much exploration that ultimately ends up being rewarding rather than just a grind. It's also such a good Metroidvania that I caught myself thinking I should just change into a bat to get higher up the screen (only half joking here).

Great job - it was well worth the wait!

On 11/6/2021 at 9:11 PM, cmadruga said:

I wonder what is the lowest level possible to be able to finish this game!

I know I don't count, but I finished it at level 12 in less than half an hour (speed running, just going directly to the necessary items and evading most enemies like a ninja on a caffeine overdose).

Edited by Kai_Magazine