IGNORED

Any PS5 owners here yet?

Punisher5.0

4 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Yup. Got it launch day. Bugsnax a bit but otherwise a couple of PS4 things and netflixetc. It is nice but a bit quiet in terms of things to play.

If you are into zombie or open world games then check out Days Gone. Its been updated to 4k 60fps on PS5. It looks amazing and only $20.

• Like 1

Bought a digital model on launch that I had pre-ordered. It was for my son for Xmas. He picked the digital version over the disc version cause he says physical media is useless to him.  He's been playing the heck out of COD CW. I have the same game on my PS4 and the difference from last gen is very noticeable in this game. I notice the PS5 is much faster cold booting as well versus the PS4. I don't plan on getting one for myself anytime soon as the backlog of PS4 games I have still will keep me busy for a while yet but my son is really enjoying the PS5 for sure.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

If you are into zombie or open world games then check out Days Gone. Its been updated to 4k 60fps on PS5. It looks amazing and only $20.

If you have PS+ the game Days Gone was part of the 16 game package included with the PS5. I downloaded it on my PS4 as it was one of the titles I was interested in but didn't want to pay retail price for. Being included in the PS5 pack but also downloadable to the PS4 was nice. 

• Like 1

Full list of the PS+ Collection:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
God of War
inFAMOUS: Second Son
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Full list of the PS+ Collection:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy XV
God of War
inFAMOUS: Second Son
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Monster Hunter: World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet & Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

Dammit, I was hoping for a thread, for each of the games. ?

Now that would be Very Classy Service.

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Metal Jesus said:

I was finally able to secure one thanks to a friend. Got the disc version and a copy of Miles Morales. However, Astro's PlayRoom is where it's at! It's a "demo"...but better than 90% of the games I've played recently! Amazing.

Agreed Astro is a game changing experience with the new adaptive triggers. I just hope games continue to utilize the feature and it not die out like so many in the past during a consoles life

I would like one because I stupidly bought a PS4 Slim instead of a Pro and i'd like the bump in fidelity in PSVR..  I need to get the free PSVR dongle that sony is offering for owners.  You have to contact them and they mail it to you, but it seems like people are having issues..  I'm afraid they will stop sending dongles, they will become rare, and people will start selling them for stupid amounts of money on ebay.  Another fear I have is waiting for a slim or redesign or price drop is that I don't think they reiteration is going to have a disc drive version, and most of my PS4 collection is physical.. well about half and half.  Does anyone think Sony is going to drop the physical at some point? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

I would like one because I stupidly bought a PS4 Slim instead of a Pro and i'd like the bump in fidelity in PSVR..

And a number of PSVR games have been patched to go beyond the Pro version and use the extra PS5 power.  I hear that No Man's Sky actually looks good now on PS5 in VR! 

1 hour ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

You have to contact them and they mail it to you, but it seems like people are having issues..  I'm afraid they will stop sending dongles

Some people are reporting issues, but mine came within days of me ordering it!   Now I just need to find a PS5

Edited by zzip
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived on Saturday.    I got it last week by watching this site:

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

you can keep it open in a tab in your browser while you are working and doing other things, and it will start chirping out an alarm when it finds new stock at one of the retailers it watches.   I jumped on the site as soon as the alarm went off and managed to get one! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...