IGNORED

HSC18 Round 2: BLUE MAX

On 2/7/2021 at 7:30 PM, doctorclu said:

Blue Max Class 3 - 8,160

That one nearly slipped under the radar. So your Class 3 was 8K and your Class 4 was 7K are you sticking to Class 4 being better ??!!! How did the two goes compare (if you remember!)

latest tables

This round NOW closes Sunday 14th *10pm* UK time (5pm EST)

Round 3 POLL OPEN

BLUE MAX

Rank then score

Blue Maxers

1st   doctorclu              BM3      8,160  12pts+3pts #*$
  2nd   graywest             BM4      7,990  11pts

Flying Tigers

3rd   McKong                FT1      7,250  10pts

Squadron Leaders

2nd  Deteacher             SL2      9,940  9pts

Air Cadets
  5th   therealbountybob   AC1      7,320  9pts
  6th   thank you             AC1      5,790  8pts
  7th   8bitguy1              AC2      4,180  8pts
  8th   CaptainClassic      AC2      3,410  7pts
  9th   SHiNjide               AC4      1,970  7pts
 10th   slx                     AC4      1,710  6pts
 11th   carlsson              AC4      1,460  6pts
 12th   spookt                AC4      1,450  5pts
 13th   RedThunder          AC4      1,330  5pts

Runway Sweepers

14th   Caco                  RS1      1,880  4pts
 15th   Gury                  RS1      1,390  4pts
 16th   chevymad           RS1        630  3pts
 17th   pusakat              RS2        550  3pts
 18th   Sikor                 RS1        500  2pts
 19th   skr                    RS1        350  2pts
 20th   jblenkle              RS1        200  2pts

Kamikazee Trainees!

It could be you?!

Bonus Points:

#First to be awarded The Blue Max

*NTSC Top Player

$ High Score: doctorclu  10820 SL4

Round 3 POLL OPEN

Hm. Now you reversed the Flying Tigers and Squadron Leaders again?!?

Also McKong previously posted that he reached Squadron Leader Class 4 with 5480 pts so if Rank > Score, he goes straight behind Deteacher and we have none who ended up with Flying Tiger. I will admit though that scoring on this game has been quite more messy than one at first would think, regardless that it has been played before in the HSC a couple of times.

Edited by carlsson

4 hours ago, carlsson said:

Hm. Now you reversed the Flying Tigers and Squadron Leaders again?!?

Also McKong previously posted that he reached Squadron Leader Class 4 with 5480 pts so if Rank > Score, he goes straight behind Deteacher and we have none who ended up with Flying Tiger. I will admit though that scoring on this game has been quite more messy than one at first would think, regardless that it has been played before in the HSC a couple of times.

Yes, I thought FT was completed mission but died before landind but SL is just a regular go without completing ???

2 hours ago, McKong said:

I just got Blue Max Class 3 with a score of 6390. I hit all but one target, I missed one of the blue planes, on the way to the city. I then hit the three targets in the city first time, so I'm not sure I could have done much better than that, other than scoring more points

:thumbsup: This is leading me to think it IS about time. Hey Blue Maxers what about skipping the first landing and seeing if you can get a class I or II ???

1 hour ago, 8BIT 1337 said:

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play it again before this week ends in a few days, but my best so far is 1660: Class 4 Air Cadet.  I know I can do better!

We can all do better!

57 minutes ago, mimo said:

Did my score not count @therealbountybob ? ?

No!!!

Oopsy :grin: will update again later!

• Haha 1

I thought both BM and SL were completed missions, but BM was more efficiently completed? I've not been close to either so I can't tell from own experience, but at least in the program binary, FLYING TIGER is listed between AIR CADET and SQUADRON LEADER which would suggest to me it means the ranks are given in that order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

I thought both BM and SL were completed missions, but BM was more efficiently completed? I've not been close to either so I can't tell from own experience, but at least in the program binary, FLYING TIGER is listed between AIR CADET and SQUADRON LEADER which would suggest to me it means the ranks are given in that order.

Yes that's right. BM and SL are completed mission, flying tiger is complete but failed to make the final landing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8bitguy1 said:

Surely this can be sussed out from the code?

Yes, the source code is there, but reasonably undocumented plus that a few files may be missing so it might not be the complete source code. The link was posted earlier in this thread, start digging into the disassembly and perhaps you're done by Sunday. :-D

10 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

That one nearly slipped under the radar. So your Class 3 was 8K and your Class 4 was 7K are you sticking to Class 4 being better ??!!! How did the two goes compare (if you remember!)

This is the fun of Blue Max.   Class 4 is the higher rank.  So we have the fun of making that class 4 with a higher score.  That fun of being efficient timewise, keeping the highest rank while getting the higher score.   It's a challenge for sure.

In the meantime, I still have the highest overall score, first as Blue Max.  See if I can get that top player back.  :D

• Like 1

OK let's see how you like these apples...

This round still NOW closes Sunday 14th *10pm* UK time (5pm EST)

Round 3 POLL OPEN It's a close run poll so please vote EVERYONE

latest tables

BLUE MAX

>>Rank then class then score<<

Blue Maxers

1st   graywest                 BM4      7,990  12pts+1pt#

2nd   doctorclu                 BM3      9,510  12pts+2pts *$
  3rd   McKong                    BM3      6,030  10pts

Squadron Leaders

4th   8bitguy1                   SL4      7,050  9pts

5th   Deteacher                 SL2      9,940  9pts

Flying Tigers

--

>>shared classes for rankings below this point.<<

Air Cadets

6th   therealbountybob     AC1      7,320  9pts
  7th   thank you                AC1      5,790  8pts
  8th   CaptainClassic          AC2      3,410  8pts
  9th   mimo                       AC4      2,190  7pts
 10th   SHiNjide                  AC4      1,970  7pts
 11th   slx                          AC4      1,710  6pts
 12th   carlsson                  AC4      1,460  6pts
 13th   spookt                    AC4      1,450  5pts
 14th   RedThunder             AC4      1,330  5pts

Runway Sweepers

15th   Caco                    RS1      1,880  4pts
 16th   Gury                     RS1      1,390  4pts
 17th   Sikor                    RS1        700  3pts
 18th   chevymad            RS1        630  3pts
 19th   pusakat                RS2        550  2pts
 20th   skr                       RS1        350  2pts
 21st   jblenkle                RS1        200  2pts

Kamikazee Trainees!

It could be you?!

Bonus Points:

#First to be awarded The Blue Max

*NTSC Top Player

$ High Score: doctorclu  10820 SL4

Round 3 POLL OPEN

Edited by therealbountybob

Blue Max gotta be one of the top 10 most confusing games to play in the HSC. Ordering players on score is unfair, ranking was at first unclear regarding order of ranks and still strange regarding class since RS appears to go 1-2, AC goes 4-1, FT not sure, SL and BM seem to go 1-4, and the relation between rank, class and score can be any. But at least we got a good amount of meta discussion around the game and its historic relevance.

• Like 2

By the way, the following came to my attention:

Though by 1923 most countries had made peace treaties, Andorra was an exception. Andorra declared war on Germany in August 1914. At that time, it had an army of 600 part-time military men, commanded by two officials. Andorra had a very small population, so it never sent soldiers to the battlefield. Andorra was therefore not allowed to attend the Treaty of Versailles. The country finally concluded a peace treaty with Germany in 1958.

Thus if Max Chatsworth turns out to be fighting for Andorra, the game might actually take place a good number of years after rest of the world had finished World War 2. It would explain pretty much all anomalies if it really takes place in the mid 50's...

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Though by 1923 most countries had made peace treaties, Andorra was an exception. Andorra declared war on Germany in August 1914. At that time, it had an army of 600 part-time military men, commanded by two officials. Andorra had a very small population, so it never sent soldiers to the battlefield. Andorra was therefore not allowed to attend the Treaty of Versailles. The country finally concluded a peace treaty with Germany in 1958.

Thus if Max Chatsworth turns out to be fighting for Andorra, the game might actually take place a good number of years after rest of the world had finished World War 2. It would explain pretty much all anomalies if it really takes place in the mid 50's...

Nice work carlsson, everything makes senses now. Write the book :D

You play as Max Chatsworth, a bored 25 year old in 1956 who regrets he was too young to join the previous World War. Max has an obsession about life in the 1910's, and has looked up that Andorra still may be in war with Germany. He steals an old airplane one which he paints with the Andorran emblem and takes into the air, determined to bomb the crap out of the post-war split portion of West Germany. How far can you make it before the authorities have rendered him harmless?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Class 4 Squadron Leader:  3920

Took me 3 passes through the city to bomb the targets because I kept getting hit and losing mobility!  

On this run I mostly didn't bother bombing unless it was a target, thinking that if I had less bombs to restock I could get off runway faster.  I hate getting bombed on the runway LOL.

BlueMax.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

Though by 1923 most countries had made peace treaties, Andorra was an exception. Andorra declared war on Germany in August 1914. At that time, it had an army of 600 part-time military men, commanded by two officials. ...

All that reminds me of the Duchy of Grand Fenwick from the "Mouse that Roared".   Just a tiny tiny country that waged war

on the United States to loose and get lots on money to rebuild their country... and then won the war instead.  :P

1243849721_71bYjNMNPL.thumb.jpg.6f1197175bcc3121ecd0c7b26977c125.jpg

• Like 3