IGNORED

1090XL remake

kenames99

1 hour ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Doesn't anybody have a copy of Curt Vendel's copy of the original drawings of the 1090XL case?  (Not saying Curt ever had them, but if somebody had them, it would probably have been Curt)  But somebody might have already mentioned this...

Sincerely

Mathy

I think the only thing he got to release was the 1090 board and the z80 mechanical.

On 8/15/2023 at 7:24 AM, reifsnyderb said:

Does anyone still use the old parallel printer interfaces (db25?), serial interfaces, and/or SCSI interfaces?

I still use Serial RS-232 for radio control and radio programming.  I bought the proto boards to try my hand at developing a RS-232 card interface :)

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 5:12 PM, kenames99 said:

I have actually started a serial/parallel card board design. The original one is pretty outdated and undocumented. It would take a long while to decipher the design. I also have not seen the .rom file for it.

Ken

How's your progress on this???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, reifsnyderb said:

Kens's cards are the original sized cards.  Their dimensions are the maximum a 1090XL card should ever be.

Then we are good to go on the length and width measurements.  I can guestimate the height from Ken's card.

Edited by DavidMil2
edited for spelling. DM

16 hours ago, DavidMil2 said:

Then we are good to go on the length and width measurements.  I can guestimate the height from Ken's card.

the cards I made are direct and exact sized from atari specs on the 1090 and card mechanical drawings with dimensions.

Ken

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AtariGeezer said:

Yeah, I know how that goes :)

Were you able to source the JED or equates for U1, the PAL chip?

no, there is none that I could find. also the ROM file is missing and unobtainable. I have started a new design.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Geister said:

Looks pretty good to me.  Are you developing tooling as you go or are these all handmade?

This first one will be mostly all hand made.  If people like it enough to order some, I'll set up some CAD files and try a local fabrication company (I say local, it's in a nearby town).

I did buy a hole punch machine, but it's so worn out, the top punch sometimes misses the bottom and hangs up.   

DavidMil2

• Like 1