IGNORED

Intellidiscs Release Thread

Ryan Witmer

52 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I believe it.  You can play up to 8 players.  I don't know of anyone else that shows the 4-port the amount of love that you do (e.g. Ratcatcher,  RealSports Curling and Intellidiscs).? 

I almost feel sorry for the 2-port owners.   Almost.

• Haha 1

There is a slight bug in the Atari8 port ... the timing code in the music didn't make the transition, and as a result, plays slower in PAL ... it should play the same tempo in both PAL and NTSC.  Anybody have the source of the Atari8 port?  I can look it over and see what got lost.

Edited by Synthpopalooza

On 6/7/2021 at 5:24 PM, Synthpopalooza said:

There is a slight bug in the Atari8 port ... the timing code in the music didn't make the transition, and as a result, plays slower in PAL ... it should play the same tempo in both PAL and NTSC.  Anybody have the source of the Atari8 port?  I can look it over and see what got lost.

Homesoft has fixed it.  New version is on their site 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I read it's joystick coupler-supported and it's a good thing I still have one of mine from my cart days with Space Dungeon and Robotron.

BTW there are a few available on eBay right now, and for those of us who also own a Retro Game Boyz 5200 console controller, I can use the joystick to move Tron around while using the onboard keypad for firing (in any of 8 directions) at the same time. pick up either a coupler or get on the queue for an RGB controller, it'll make this game worth it (it already is)!!!

On 11/3/2021 at 6:55 PM, phuzaxeman said:

I'll be purchasing this awesome game.

I played it on the 8bit and the 5200 experience with the keypad is so much better. 

Seconded. Having a Retro-Game-Boyz 5200 controller I can easily use both the joystick and keypad simultaneously using my right hand on the joystick while using my left hand to utilize the keypad, it's THE main reason I bought it and use it with this game, much better, maybe there should be a hack of Vanguard that utilizes this same type of mode, the joystick maneuvering the ship while using the 2 (up), 4 (left), 6 (right), and 8 (down) keys on the keypad for arcade-style control/firing, that would be SO kick-ass!!!

Edited by BIGHMW

On 11/6/2021 at 5:38 PM, BIGHMW said:

Seconded. Having a Retro-Game-Boyz 5200 controller I can easily use both the joystick and keypad simultaneously using my right hand on the joystick while using my left hand to utilize the keypad, it's THE main reason I bought it and use it with this game, much better, maybe there should be a hack of Vanguard that utilizes this same type of mode, the joystick maneuvering the ship while using the 2 (up), 4 (left), 6 (right), and 8 (down) keys on the keypad for arcade-style control/firing, that would be SO kick-ass!!!

I'm glad you like it but the retrogameboyz stick cannot be held like the original Discs of Tron on Intellivision. The 5200 sticks can be held in the hand while pressing the keypad like how the original Intellivision was but even better. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Ryan Witmer Thanks so much Ryan for making this happen on the Atari 5200. Now us Atari 5200 owners can play a Tron themed game on our own console and have the fun that the Intellivision guys had on theirs just with better controllers ;) . I have purchased every game you have made for the 5200 and looking forward to the next.

Edited by David Alexander
  • Like 1