IGNORED

CD Game Support

SainT

1 minute ago, SainT said:

Until proven otherwise the problems with QR reading above I can only attribute to crappy QR reading apps which are inserting adverts. It is absolutely, 100% completely, impossible for the JagGD to generate random links to other sites.

You didn't secretly include an improbability drive logic circuit? Not even next to the flux capacitor unit hidden next to the red LED?

• Haha 1

Just now, SainT said:

Just tried this again, working fine here. 🤷‍♂️

I've been overly anxious to give this a try and have been too busy. I'm going to fire up the Jag this afternoon and report back with any anomalies (aside from the Jag circuitry)

Posted (edited)

Sorry for the question SainT. In playing a CD game the game worked fine and was auto saving every now and then. After playing for a while it went to autosave and the screen stayed black and the red light is on on the front of the GD. In every attempt to play the game again it refuses to load to be able to play, just makes it through all the starting portions and then screen goes black when "checking memory track" and the red light stays on the GD. 

Does that mean the save has corrupted itself or should I delete the game all together and then reinstall it on the GD? The game is Yopaz Ice Star by Orion 

Edited by UHATEIT

Posted (edited)

Interesting, sounds like the save may be corrupted? Or it might be I’m not doing something right. There is a hidden folder on the memory card called MTRACK, in there each game has its own folder. Try deleting (or renaming) the folder with the name of the game on the memory card from a PC.

You could also make a backup of the folder and send to me to see if I can replicate the problem on my system.

Edited by SainT

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SainT said:

Interesting, sounds like the save may be corrupted? Or it might be I’m not doing something right. There is a hidden folder on the memory card called MTRACK, in there each game has its own folder. Try deleting (or renaming) the folder with the name of the game on the memory card from a PC.

You could also make a backup of the folder and send to me to see if I can replicate the problem on my system.

Where by chance is that special MTRACK folder. I don't see it in my main root and all my CD are in a folder called CD Games for organization. I don't see MTRACK in any of the folders or root actually. I figure it has to save like how the rom saves are .e2p

On a side note VidGrid works great and saves too. I was able to go back to the game and my scores and progress are saved. But not sure where the save is stored as I can't find the MTrack folder

Edited by UHATEIT
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

Where by chance is that special MTRACK folder.

It’s in the root, and it’s hidden. So you’ll need to have view hidden files enabled.

8 minutes ago, SainT said:

It’s in the root, and it’s hidden. So you’ll need to have view hidden files enabled.

alright enabled hidden items and found the folder. I only had VidGrid and Yopaz in there. Vidgrid works perfectly. The Yopaz that was causing the game to refuse to load, I renamed the folder it was in, the game works but the save data is gone (level progress) but the game works again. So something caused that save file to corrupt somehow. Basically on that game it autosaves between levels and I had beaten 23 levels but now that I renamed the folder it is back to the beginning

So it’s either the save game is corrupt, or it’s doing something in the memory track bios which is hanging. If you send me over the yopaz directory I can see what’s what.

30 minutes ago, SainT said:

So it’s either the save game is corrupt, or it’s doing something in the memory track bios which is hanging. If you send me over the yopaz directory I can see what’s what.

that is the folder below. The original created Yopaz_ and inside is something called ..h (H file) that is 64kb. I went through and it did the same thing again after 15 levels. The folder for VidGrid actually on the inside says "BEST_" inside of the folder with no file type and is 10kb

..h

Posted (edited)

That’s just one file, can you zip up the yopaz folder? The naming of files is down to the game, there are no types or extensions, it’s just however the game names it.

Edit: Ah, sorry, there’s just the one file. I’ll try copy that across and see what happens…

Edited by SainT

11 minutes ago, SainT said:

That’s just one file, can you zip up the yopaz folder? The naming of files is down to the game, there are no types or extensions, it’s just however the game names it.

Edit: Ah, sorry, there’s just the one file. I’ll try copy that across and see what happens…

sorry, before i dragged the folder and thats what it showed. Here is a zip of the new folder 

YOPAZ_.zip

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SainT said:

If there are missing markers then it is likely to be an incomplete CD read. All Atari released titles use a standard "ATRI" marker. If it's an unreleased title or homebrew then it may use different markers and the issue may infact be my fault, but I don't have any such examples. If an image is failing to do anything after opening, it will be unrecognised for some reason. Any specific examples of this I can take a look at, it may be I don't support the format version.

Would a multibin cue file reconstitute the markers or are they all over the place?

(I would assume there’s one per track no?)

I tried the orig WTR cd that I converted on my real JagCD and had no issue (no locking), it could still a bad capture given the Atari CD format, so we know my Jag with my JagCD and copy of WTR (it’s some burn from Etsy) works fine (bar using the “right” power brick with the JagCD but that’s another issue).

Just updated. Hoverstrike works though I did have it hang one time. VidGrid and World Tour Racing, no issues. However, Blue Lightning and Battlemorph no longer work. Just get a black screen after the Atari screen. They were working previously. I already tried reformatting the card and recopying everything back to it.

Mitch

40 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Just updated. Hoverstrike works though I did have it hang one time. VidGrid and World Tour Racing, no issues. However, Blue Lightning and Battlemorph no longer work. Just get a black screen after the Atari screen. They were working previously. I already tried reformatting the card and recopying everything back to it.

Mitch

Keep trying, sometimes it takes 5 or 10 attempts to load those two games. I know what the problem is, but not why it’s happening or how to fix it as yet.

11 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

sorry, before i dragged the folder and thats what it showed. Here is a zip of the new folder 

YOPAZ_.zip 32.88 kB · 0 downloads

Oddly, no problems for me. If I play for a bit and save, I get exactly the same file as you, no progress saved? If I reload and go back I have to start from level 1 again. So I'm not entirely sure how saving is supposed to work or what it saves...

Erm, after looking at what Yopaz is doing in terms of filenames being passed, etc, it looks to be complete gibberish data. I have no idea how this is working on a physical Memory Track, if it does, but it looks very broken.

Thanks for this update! I tried around 6 games on my micro SD and they all worked instantly except Battlemorph, that worked after a few tries but now it works instantly every time for some reason. I consider this a great success! Now I can retire my Jag CD attachment for good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SainT said:

Erm, after looking at what Yopaz is doing in terms of filenames being passed, etc, it looks to be complete gibberish data. I have no idea how this is working on a physical Memory Track, if it does, but it looks very broken.

Yeah, it is very broken, but I think I've done what the memory track bios must do and have it working now. Basically, if I get a name passed to me which is complete rubbish, I replace it with "NONAME". That way when it tries to open multiple files with different gibberish, it gets the same file. Which is what it's after.

17 minutes ago, SainT said:

Yeah, it is very broken, but I think I've done what the memory track bios must do and have it working now. Basically, if I get a name passed to me which is complete rubbish, I replace it with "NONAME". That way when it tries to open multiple files with different gibberish, it gets the same file. Which is what it's after.

In my VidGrid folder is created a save with no file type that works, but that Yopaz just created that gibberish ..h H file type. Should I rename the file inside to something or the folder that Yopaz created? It is odd as I've gone through and played levels and hit save and then came back and it still shows level 1.