IGNORED

Crescent Galaxy ship in Defender 2000?

PeterG

I played some 25 levels of Defender 2000 tonight also and at some point I lost all my dudes and went to limbo and I constantly got killed by this kind of ship and it seemed somehow familiar to me. What do you guys say? Did Jeff Minter throw in a little reference to Trevor McFur?

Also I realized that I do not completely suck at D2K thanks to the power ups whereas I completely suck at the original defender or protector or any game in that vein.:)

Oh and something else occured to me today. This game somehow feels much more toned down and "mainstream" than any of the other Minter games I have. Aside from some sound effects, the giraffes at the end of the game, the bonus stages and obviously the pause graphic :) it feels different in its tone somehow, maybe the rendered graphics or something but it never occurred to me until today that this one at least in this version feels a bit different. (Defender plus with its tripy visuals looks more the part.)

IMG_20210430_001114.jpg

IMG_20210430_000910.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BeefMan said:

I knew Flossie was in there but not Trevor McFur, very cool! Can anyone confirm if this is a known Easter egg?

Well it is not the same ship as one can see in the screenshot but it reminded me of it with the wings at the rear of the ship and with something on the top... then again why would anyone reference Crescent Galaxy.... :-D

TrevorMcFur_Jaguar_08.thumb.png.31187ea2393e5264216587152d466118.png

18 hours ago, PeterG said:

Well it is not the same ship as one can see in the screenshot but it reminded me of it with the wings at the rear of the ship and with something on the top... then again why would anyone reference Crescent Galaxy.... :-D

TrevorMcFur_Jaguar_08.thumb.png.31187ea2393e5264216587152d466118.png

Because it is only the best game ever!  I bring references?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1