IGNORED

My Software Library: A Preservation Effort

20 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

Premier Soccer 1.0 - Does not seem to have copy protection.

Premier Soccer 1.0.zip 220.71 kB · 5 downloads

Hurra ! Game ! And tried it, and there is a problem - DESKTOP.INF is 0 length - result is that there are no drive icons when start it - in TOS 1.xx then no way to start game - can not add drive icon.

So, this is for sure not exact original content, DESKTOP.INF got damaged. Solution is to just delete it, and/or use Save Desktop with opened A: .

Game works btw. - in medium res. Maybe high too ?  Nada - it allows start (as in low res), but there is mess on screen.

4 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Hurra ! Game ! And tried it, and there is a problem - DESKTOP.INF is 0 length - result is that there are no drive icons when start it - in TOS 1.xx then no way to start game - can not add drive icon.

So, this is for sure not exact original content, DESKTOP.INF got damaged. Solution is to just delete it, and/or use Save Desktop with opened A: .

Game works btw. - in medium res. Maybe high too ?  Nada - it allows start (as in low res), but there is mess on screen.

So far, the games that I have are copy protected.  I have a SuperCard Pro compatible drive on the way, it should be here tomorrow.  I will start in on them then.

I tried High Res on a Mega ST with AdSpeed and a Mega STe and it does not complete loading on either.  I think it requires color as it draws out some boxes, but no text.  I loaded it on my Falcon with a compatible BlowUp Video adapter at vga-80 column and it comes up just fine and in color.  It also came up in TT medium Res just fine and in color.  

Hope this helps.

31 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

That it is copy protected now does not mean that was always so.

And it worked fine for me in medium res. I just noted that can be started on others - what is not usual case - normally then comes message like "Low resolution only" and exit.

When I started it in medium res, yes it came up, but half the screen was out to the right of the screen boarder.  Therefore unusable.

Don't take any offense, we are just trying to solve what we have here with good discussion. 

The second screen is what I got in Medium.

I will leave it to your gaming expertise about what is actually going to be usable or not.  I am just providing disk images.