IGNORED

Grizzards — turn-based RPG (completed)

On 5/28/2023 at 2:11 PM, bradhig1 said:

the cartridge is saving data without my atarivox plugged in.   I get in the lost mine and can't find the way through and most of my creatures are dead with no potions to heal them.  How do I get potions?

Oh, my, I'm so sorry, I did not notice this message.

The AtariAge cartridge has built-in memory (EEPROM) so it does not require a SaveKey nor AtariVox for saving. (But, it will use AtariVox for voice.)

Potions are randomly earned from defeating monsters in combat. You can also heal your Grizzards by returning to any Grizzard Depot. (Just visiting the Depot heals them.)

The Lost Mine is very, very difficult to navigate (by design) at least partially because almost every room looks exactly alike. There is at least one “special” room worth finding, in the mine, however. In order to learn how to find that hidden room, you …

Spoiler

must talk to the right person in Anchor village, who will tell you a pattern of directions that represent in which direction you want to exit each screen once you're in the identical-looking rooms in the Mine.

It might be worth noticing that the Lost Mine level is very difficult early on and you'll likely want to continue east and …

Spoiler

first complete the mission for the woman outside the tunnels that lead to Anchor village, proceed to Anchor, and then return once you know the correct pattern to travel through the mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just realized that the SaveKey pages used by Grizzards were somehow lost from the official allocation list at https://atariage.com/atarivox/atarivox_mem_list.html  at some time in the last year or so.

The AtariAge cartridge has its own memory on-board and is not affected, however, if you play Grizzards from the public builds, it will use the same SaveKey/AtariVox addresses that other games are also using.

IF YOU START A GAME IN SLOTS 1 OR 2, you may destroy save data for these other games.

Likewise, playing these games could destroy your Grizzards save data, possibly in very interesting ways.

Again, this applies only to the current public builds and not the AtariAge cartridge.

I'm very sorry about any confusion or inconvenience this may cause. (Although I have no reports of actual data loss, yet.)

SLOT 1 conflicts with Elevator Agent by Champ Games @johnnywc, as well as Happy Bird by Bruno Steux  @bsteux

SLOT 2 conflicts with Bot & Tom  by @Thomas Jentzsch

SLOT 3 does not currently conflict with anything else.

I have asked for a new allocation and will produce some "safe" binaries that use that new allocation as soon as possible. In the mean time, please use caution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, rocketfan said:

Hello there! @Bruce-Robert Pocock  I'm a little late here,but I was trying to access the links for the binary, and they seem to be down.  Maybe it's intentional at this point, but if not could you please take look?

Totally un-intentional, I'll have that back up shortly. Looks like I accidentally removed the latest binaries whilst updating the site (which, by the way, is also reachable via https://grizzards.com/ now)