IGNORED

PlusROM High Score Club

Al_Nafuur

"Laser Blast" has been modified for the PlusROM High Score Club. Thanks to @DEBRO for the perfectly labeled and commented disassembly

The source code with the PlusROM functions for the HSC backend added can be found at the PlusROM example/hacks github repository here:

https://github.com/Al-Nafuur/PlusROM-Hacks/tree/main/High Score Club hacks/Laser Blast HSC

As always, PlusCart user can find the PAL,PAL60 and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600, or the newest version of Stella.

The "PlusROM High Score Club" page for "Laser Blast":
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/game/75

LaserBlast.png.a1a14583cce088ce3134558cd31094cb.png

• Like 1

"Space Jockey" has been modified for the PlusROM High Score Club. Thanks to @DEBRO for the perfectly labeled and commented disassembly

The source code with the PlusROM functions for the HSC backend added can be found at the PlusROM example/hacks github repository here:

https://github.com/Al-Nafuur/PlusROM-Hacks/tree/main/High Score Club hacks/Space Jockey HSC

As always, PlusCart user can find the PAL and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600, or the newest version of Stella.

The "PlusROM High Score Club" page for "Space Jockey":
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/game/77

SpaceJockey.png.a591d1480d95cf63df1482965dc53a9e.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have launched two new Christmas Holidays competitions for the High Score Club.

Both competitions are running until the 7. of January. All personal high-scores for these games (During the competition period) will automatically be added to the competition.

In a competition the games have a multiplier for the score, so games with different scoring systems can contribute equally to the combined score.

Christmas 2023 holidays competition classic games

• River Raid (1 Player game)   - Multiplier for the combined score: 1
  • Berzerk (Game 1)   - Multiplier for the combined score: 2
  • Demon Attack (Game 1 normal, Difficulty "B")   - Multiplier for the combined score: 3

Christmas 2023 holidays competition homebrew games

• Juno First (Game 1) - Multiplier for the combined score: 1
  • Ninjish Guy (Game 1) - Multiplier for the combined score: 15
  • RAPTOR (Game 1) - Multiplier for the combined score: 150
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 2:35 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

I have launched two new Christmas Holidays competitions for the High Score Club.

Both competitions are running until the 7. of January. All personal high-scores for these games (During the competition period) will automatically be added to the competition.

In a competition the games have a multiplier for the score, so games with different scoring systems can contribute equally to the combined score.

Christmas 2023 holidays competition classic games

• River Raid (1 Player game)   - Multiplier for the combined score: 1
  • Berzerk (Game 1)   - Multiplier for the combined score: 2
  • Demon Attack (Game 1 normal, Difficulty "B")   - Multiplier for the combined score: 3

Christmas 2023 holidays competition homebrew games

• Juno First (Game 1) - Multiplier for the combined score: 1
  • Ninjish Guy (Game 1) - Multiplier for the combined score: 15
  • RAPTOR (Game 1) - Multiplier for the combined score: 150

Only two days left for the competitions. The current ranking is:

Classic Competition

1. 329480 @TomelloSoulMan
  2. 217530 @Ricardo Pim
  3.   15540 DnK Emulator user 617
  4.   10400 WavyG
  5.     8500 @Al_Nafuur

Homebrew Competition

1. 216850 @Al_Nafuur
  2. 171450 johnnytenspeed
  3. 126465 @-^CrossBow^-
  4. 104295 @Ricardo Pim
  5.   79720 @Prizrak
  6.   50370 unknown PlusCart user 473
  7.   13485 @ctoniki

On 1/5/2024 at 2:25 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

Only two days left for the competitions. The current ranking is:

Classic Competition

1. 329480 @TomelloSoulMan
  2. 217530 @Ricardo Pim
  3.   15540 DnK Emulator user 617
  4.   10400 WavyG
  5.     8500 @Al_Nafuur

Homebrew Competition

1. 216850 @Al_Nafuur
  2. 171450 johnnytenspeed
  3. 126465 @-^CrossBow^-
  4. 104295 @Ricardo Pim
  5.   79720 @Prizrak
  6.   50370 unknown PlusCart user 473
  7.   13485 @ctoniki

The final rankings for the Christmas Holidays Competitions 2023 are:

Classic Competition:

1. 336110 @TomelloSoulMan
  2. 217530 @Ricardo Pim
  3.   52380 @Mixchemist
  4.   19650 "unknown PlusCart user 628"
  5.   15540 "DnK Emulator user 617"
  6.   10400  "WavyG"
  7.    8500 @Al_Nafuur

Homebrew Competition:

1. 216850 @Al_Nafuur
  2. 171450 "johnnytenspeed"
  3. 153090 @TomelloSoulMan
  4. 126465 @-^CrossBow^-
  5. 104295 @Ricardo Pim
  6.  79720 @Prizrak
  7.  50370 "unknown PlusCart user 473"
  8.  13485 @ctoniki
  9.  10050 @Mixchemist

Congratulations to all the winners, and I hope everyone had fun and a great Christmas holidays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Zoyx said:

I just got a PlusCart. How do I generate an HSC postfix so I can log in to the high-score club page?

You have to connect your PlusCart to an PlusStore account. As far as I can see from the logs you have already managed to do this.

Now you have to play some of the games in "Public ROMs -> PlusROMs -> High Score Club" with your PlusCart. At the end of a game your score is automatically send by the ROM to the HSC backend. The PlusROM HSC backend requests your PlusStore username via the PlusStore's openAPI and registers your score in the database:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de

If you have a score in the top 10 of a game you can upload your screenshot.

50 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

You have to connect your PlusCart to an PlusStore account. As far as I can see from the logs you have already managed to do this.

Now you have to play some of the games in "Public ROMs -> PlusROMs -> High Score Club" with your PlusCart. At the end of a game your score is automatically send by the ROM to the HSC backend. The PlusROM HSC backend requests your PlusStore username via the PlusStore's openAPI and registers your score in the database:

https://highscore.firmaplus.de

If you have a score in the top 10 of a game you can upload your screenshot.

Hey, thanks! I just had to find the modded roms. Currently 17th on Berzerk.

It's a shame you can't force a game variation on players. I can play game variation 1 on Berzerk for forever. 

11 minutes ago, Zoyx said:

Hey, thanks! I just had to find the modded roms. Currently 17th on Berzerk.

👍

12 minutes ago, Zoyx said:

It's a shame you can't force a game variation on players.

There is a HSC table for every variation. You can select the game with the drop down on the right:

image.thumb.png.5a2a0f1ffbe58a325e09400a4c181ded.png

Or you can use the "Game Variations Overview" button to see who is first in every variation.

13 minutes ago, Zoyx said:

I can play game variation 1 on Berzerk for forever. 

So why you are still only 17th there?

😉

3 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

👍

There is a HSC table for every variation. You can select the game with the drop down on the right:

image.thumb.png.5a2a0f1ffbe58a325e09400a4c181ded.png

Or you can use the "Game Variations Overview" button to see who is first in every variation.

So why you are still only 17th there?

😉

Fantastic! On to game variation 9. The folks behind this did a wonderful job.

Judging by the winky emoji, I suspect you know why... 😁

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 12:33 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

You should register at the PlusStore and connect your PlusCart to your account, so your PlusStore username appears in the HSC tables and not "unknown PlusCart user 168"

Just received my PlusCart.  I registered at the PlusStore and am trying to connect to my account, but the second link above appears to be broken.  Is this still the correct procedure?

10 minutes ago, GcMcM said:

Just received my PlusCart.  I registered at the PlusStore and am trying to connect to my account, but the second link above appears to be broken.  Is this still the correct procedure?

The second link is now:

https://pcart.firmaplus.de/pico/?Manual#connect-plusstore

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Cosmic Swarm" has been modified for the PlusROM High Score Club.

https://github.com/Al-Nafuur/PlusROM-Hacks/tree/main/High Score Club hacks/Cosmic Swarm HSC

As always, PlusCart user can find the PAL50 and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The "PlusROM High Score Club" page for "Cosmic Swarm":
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/game/78

CosmicSwarm.png.27a112847325ba6d030c2ddb71770bcf.png

• Like 1

Activision "Skiing" has been modified for the PlusROM High Score Club.

As most Activision games Skiing has a patch ("Activision Ski Team"). To qualify, you must run slalom course 3 (Game 3 with any difficulty switch variation) in under 28.20 seconds.

https://github.com/Al-Nafuur/PlusROM-Hacks/tree/main/High Score Club hacks/Skiing HSC

As always, PlusCart user can find the PAL50 and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The "PlusROM High Score Club" page for "Skiing":
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/game/79

Skiing.png.f68a294ecdbf3f30003297573b369e61.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Zoyx said:

My Skiing time didn't show up using the PlusCart. I'll look through the settings tomorrow.

When did you played the game?

Which game and which difficulty switch variation did you used?

Do you have a screenshot of your score?

3 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

When did you played the game?

Which game and which difficulty switch variation did you used?

Do you have a screenshot of your score?

I played 3bb. My time was 27:99. No screenshot.

I have a theory that I want to test. Hitting the fire button restarts your run. I am constantly restarting my run with the fire button. That might be messing with things.

Someone else should double-check, but I think that is the problem. For Skiing, if you reset your run with the fire button, your time will not register. But if you reset your run with the "Reset" button on the Atari console, it will register properly.

• 2 months later...

Activision "Grand Prix" has been modified for the PlusROM High Score Club. Thanks to @DEBRO for the (nearly) perfectly labeled and commented disassembly

As most Activision games Grand Prix has a patch ("Activision Grand Prix Driving Team"). To qualify, you must match or beat any of the following times:

Watkins Glen   0:30
Brands Hatch   1:00
Le Mans        1:30
Monaco         2:30

https://github.com/Al-Nafuur/PlusROM-Hacks/tree/main/High Score Club hacks/Grand Prix HSC

As always, PlusCart user can find the PAL, PAL60 and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The "PlusROM High Score Club" page for "Grand Prix":
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/game/80

GrandPrix.png.a689978363d691d9837b41998144201a.png

• Like 2