IGNORED

Donut Dodo - (in VCS Store)

marss

4 hours ago, stirrell said:

If it is any consolation, based on the other leaderboards, I can almost guarantee that you will handily beat me at Donut Dodo :-).

I may play some of those games a lot more than you is probably why.

I can tell you that Donut Dodo is absolutely awesome retro arcade game and is worth every penny of the $5 it costs.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

The leaderboards never seem to work on my VCS. Can someone with a VCS confirm whether the leaderboards work for them or not?

Look two posts up at what Sabertoothretro posted.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, markofwolves said:

The classic controller is not supported?

There was a bug found at the last minute (due to coding, not Bluetooth issue) that if you use the Joystick wirelessly the rotator interferes with movement directions. If you wire the Joystick it will work fine, albeit very sensitive movement around the ladders.  Because of the wireless issue with the joystick, it was decided to “remove” Joystick support for the game temporarily. Pixel games is working on the fix, it was an issue on how the controller was coded.  So play with the Joystick wired for right now until an update.

• Like 4

I have been able to consistently get to the fifth stage in Easy-Medium (1st round), but can't beat that Dodo yet. I notice the levels (at least at Easy-Medium difficulty) is pattern-based; you can run the same pattern every time, and the enemies react the same way every time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zzip said:

I haven't figured out how to clear the 2nd level.   I collected all the small donuts, then what?   Am I supposed to jump onto the large donut going up and down?  I die when I try

Yes, you need to hit the large center donut. As long as you aren't touching the Dodo it should work. I go from the second floor (one up from the bottom) and jump up to hit it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Yes, you need to hit the large center donut. As long as you aren't touching the Dodo it should work. I go from the second floor (one up from the bottom) and jump up to hit it.

I figured out my problem,  I wasn't grabbing the donut in the upper left because I didn't realize you could safely jump over the flaming oil barrels!   Once I figured that out I was able to complete the level.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...