IGNORED

Donut Dodo - (in VCS Store)

marss

I was really looking forward to this game coming to the VCS myself as it seems such a good fit for the console. I’m curious to see if this will actually launch on Steam I really hope it does! I’ve got it on my wish list but I will say something just seems off about it especially since the dev has went silent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SlappyHappy2000 said:

Evidently, it did not release by the unlock time stated. The only hope for it releasing today is if it drops sometime between now and within the next 9 hours. Otherwise, I don't think Donut Dodo is coming out very soon, if at all.

I wonder what is going on with the game and its developer? 

Edited by ColecoGamer

It’s now listed as coming soon on Steam unfortunately but I kinda expected it to not release it just seems very strange that the developer has completely vanished from social media and the website is down. I hope the dev is ok really excited for this game it looks amazing!. I hope we can get some sort of update soon, the game looked finished from what I’ve seen of it must be some other issue holding it back. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2022 at 8:53 PM, VectorDreams said:

Unfortunately, looking finished and being finished can be very different things.

Yeah I can't tell you how many times I've seen a community get extremely impatient and even angry because it gets delayed, because the demos looked good.

Then the game gets released and its buggy as hell and the community gets extremely angry that it got released in that state (even though they had been demanding it be released just the previous week :)  )

• Like 4

Good news everyone!

I got a response from the soundtrack composer, and here's what he had to say:
"Hello! Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the developer has been in the hospital since the start of December, it was really bad timing and also nobody knew what happened at first. I heard last week that they seem to be on the right track, so fingers crossed!"

So, the developer is not missing. They're in the hospital, and I'm assuming that as soon as they have fully recovered and are allowed to leave, Donut Dodo will finally be released!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SlappyHappy2000 said:

Good news everyone!

I got a response from the soundtrack composer, and here's what he had to say:
"Hello! Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the developer has been in the hospital since the start of December, it was really bad timing and also nobody knew what happened at first. I heard last week that they seem to be on the right track, so fingers crossed!"

So, the developer is not missing. They're in the hospital, and I'm assuming that as soon as they have fully recovered and are allowed to leave, Donut Dodo will finally be released!

That's great news! So why are people always spreading lies about behind the scenes drama going on between Atari and developers?

How the hell did you get ahold of the soundtrack composer?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

That's great news! So why are people always spreading lies about behind the scenes drama going on between Atari and developers?

How the hell did you get ahold of the soundtrack composer?

Hmm...   Well There's a certain other console in development with an outspoken CEO that's caused a lot of drama around here.   I have reason to suspect some of the Anti-VCS rumors originate in that camp.   (but can't prove it)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, zzip said:

Hmm...   Well There's a certain other console in development with an outspoken CEO that's caused a lot of drama around here.   I have reason to suspect some of the Anti-VCS rumors originate in that camp.   (but can't prove it)

I know a little about that "camp" and they're not even aware of that game and that developer, so I really doubt it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zzip said:

It’s not coming from there, most Intellivision fans are also Atari fans and vice versa. Same era, same fans. It’s the ridiculous fanboys from the Nintendo/Playstation generation that hang around in the forums and are always in the comments posting negative things. For what reason, i’m not sure.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I know a little about that "camp" and they're not even aware of that game and that developer, so I really doubt it.

6 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

It’s not coming from there, most Intellivision fans are also Atari fans and vice versa. Same era, same fans. It’s the ridiculous fanboys from the Nintendo/Playstation generation that hang around in the forums and are always in the comments posting negative things. For what reason, i’m not sure.

I'm not saying it's coming from the fans.   A lot of it reaks of the kind of FUD that companies typically spread to scare people away from competing products.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, zzip said:

I'm not saying it's coming from the fans.   A lot of it reaks of the kind of FUD that companies typically spread to scare people away from competing products.

So competing companies typically don't promote each others' products, instead seeking to outsell the competition by whatever means they can (usually) legally get away with.  Got it.

The game looks interesting.  Beyond that, nothing to see here.