IGNORED

Maze-A-Tron Super Pro coming soon

intvdave

1 hour ago, IMBerzerk said:

Using the Space Spartans voice I imagine with some Solar Sailor tied in as well?

Is there a way to record new sounds and add them in?  I don't know anything about programming the games so I ask.

For SP Maze-a-tron, I am looking to only announce the numbers. No additional voice.

Yes to new voices. Check out SameGame & Robots 2012. The original 2005 release used a robotic voice. The 2012 used samples. There are 4 different voices in SG&R 2012.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, intvdave said:

Releasing games CIB is not a focus of mine anymore. I think I will move to ROM only releases. I am sitting on Super Pro Boxing and Super Pro Gammon. It is challenging enough just to get them out in ROM format. I understand most people out here are probably more collectors than gamers. I would be happy if just one person plays the games I release.

I can totally understand and respect the desire to release in ROM format only.  Boxes and carts are nice, of course, but they bring a lot of headaches to the table that are not about playing the games...

36 minutes ago, intvdave said:

Releasing games CIB is not a focus of mine anymore. I think I will move to ROM only releases. I am sitting on Super Pro Boxing and Super Pro Gammon. It is challenging enough just to get them out in ROM format. I understand most people out here are probably more collectors than gamers. I would be happy if just one person plays the games I release.

This is where ROM with purchase of CIB is a logical option.  But for me.  I am more a ROM first buyer these days.

By the way...  I play your games!  SP BT has been my recent #1.  After playing BnJ again after several years.  I always liked the game.. But you put the bug back in my ear.

Oh another I have played recently and kind of forgot how much I liked was Pinball!  How about an SP Pinball?  Maybe some additional screens?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, intvdave said:

Mystic Castle is probably the recent release I played the most. On Nostalgia and then on cart after the physical release. And I know for sure I'm not the only one who spent many hours with it. Also my eldest son played it a lot!

I support the games you make since Stonix and I totally understand if your focus has changed after all these years.

• Like 2

Maybe I have not played Cloudy Mountain enough but the game seems pretty solid as is. What fixes does it need?

Quest was following Treasure of Tarmin which I had as a kid. I do not see Treasure of Tarmin getting a Super Pro treatment.

Cloudy Mountain doesn't need any fixes but the potential for enhancements is exciting. 

1. Make the King's Crown into 4-5 pieces to be spread out and collected over random caverns

2. Introduce a new distinctive monster that is silent and requires multiple arrows to kill.  But it disappears (and relocates to a different part of the cavern) with each arrow shot successfully made

3. Certainly making this game Intellivoice compatible would be awesome too

I'm sure I will think of other things but thanks for this morning's hypothetical "what-if?" thought of the day!

• Like 1

Maybe I have not played Cloudy Mountain enough but the game seems pretty solid as is. What fixes does it need?

Quest was following Treasure of Tarmin which I had as a kid. I do not see Treasure of Tarmin getting a Super Pro treatment.

Cloudy Mountain could use

- more monster types like Treasure of Tarmin's (diversity)

- possibly only a room-to-room light path, like Haunted House for Atari2600

- a skill level based on harder monster types, not just a really fast game

- more map variations with more accesible mountains to clear (more colors and different monsters)

- map monster encounters like other PC RPGs

- Monsters can fire at you as well.  Whoa.. 

- three parts to a Queen's Crown spread around the map, last piece is in the Misty Mountain (hmm... new title here) guarded by a new character/dragon type.  Spits at you, fire.. whatever.

- close combat weapons (axe, sword, dagger)

Just some basic ideas.

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

This is where ROM with purchase of CIB is a logical option.  But for me.  I am more a ROM first buyer these days.

By the way...  I play your games!  SP BT has been my recent #1.  After playing BnJ again after several years.  I always liked the game.. But you put the bug back in my ear.

Oh another I have played recently and kind of forgot how much I liked was Pinball!  How about an SP Pinball?  Maybe some additional screens?

Have you played my Super Pro Bump-n-Jump? I have not received feedback from anyone.

I did not own Pinball as a kid but have played it a few times. Additional screens might be easy. Remind me about it in the future like next year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

Using the Space Spartans voice I imagine with some Solar Sailor tied in as well?

You just described the Space C*nt title screen.

One thing I would like to see is Phase 2 reimagined.  For starters, make the close-up of the MCP look like a spinning cone with a face superimposed on it, rather than a blinking obscure monster.  Plus simply stopping what you're doing and holding the Shield button whenever the MCP shoots at you is a little too simple.

The one thing that would really help is changing the Bit Gun Sight movement.  As it is, it moves too slow and its positioning is too granular.  That on top of the slightly unresponsive control.  Make it move the way I implemented the cursor in X-Ray, and I think it will greatly help the gameplay.

12 minutes ago, Zendocon said:

The one thing that would really help is changing the Bit Gun Sight movement.  As it is, it moves too slow and its positioning is too granular.  That on top of the slightly unresponsive control.  Make it move the way I implemented the cursor in X-Ray, and I think it will greatly help the gameplay.

Thank you Zendocon! Phase 2 is being re-imagined without taking away the original feel.

Where can I see your X-Ray game at? I am not familiar with how you implemented the cursor.

Just wanted to say that I appreciate ROM releases. I'm happy to throw some money in the $10 range for a ROM-only provided it can run on my emulator (for the DS/DSi).  As I get into my 50s and after having tossed about 98% of the stuff from my Mother's house... I'm at the point where I don't want a large collection that will likely see the bottom of a dumpster someday. I'm slowly selling off most of my physical stuff (not just gaming related)... and am now down to about 75 Intellivision games - and will be happier when that's at 40 or 50 of my favorites (most of the stuff I played as a kid plus a bunch of stuff I missed but is top-shelf). Last time I checked, I had 19 Intellivision master components in the basement - most found for $5 or less at yard sales over 20 years (it's hard to let one of these beauties sit on the grass getting sunburnt). But I think 3 systems is enough ... one to play, one as a backup and one to remind me I live in the richest country the world has ever produced :D

Turns out the magic isn't in owning more of this stuff. At least for me. Your mileage can, and will, vary!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, intvdave said:

I would be happy if just one person plays the games I release.

I played SPKOTM on ROM until I beat it.  The CIB should be here next week and I will do the same again.  Assuming I can beat it twice.

Backgammon I thought I could just step in and play again but learned I have forgotten.  It will get played when work slows down over the holidays.

I have played Bump'n'Jump but since I never had it as a youth (I got it recently) I think I'm not appreciating the changes in your ROM but I am playing it.  Was the first game I played on my newly acquired Tandyvision One.

Your efforts are very much appreciated.

6 hours ago, intvdave said:

I play your games, and think the changes you have made add immensely to the playability and return play values. I am looking forward to any new releases you care to put out!

3 hours ago, intvdave said:

Thank you Zendocon! Phase 2 is being re-imagined without taking away the original feel.

Where can I see your X-Ray game at? I am not familiar with how you implemented the cursor.

Generally, the disc is polled and the cursor moves every frame.  There is 16-directional movement, and a table to compute X and Y velocities.  I also implemented 8.8 floating point positioning, same as what the EXEC games used originally.  That's all I needed to get nice fluid motion that wasn't too fast nor too slow.

The only thing different in X-Ray is that I had another sprite for each player to show a secondary cursor that followed the original one, but is snapped to a grid, since X-Ray is a board game implementation.  I'll probably implement that again if I decide to create SameGame 2 & Robots 2.

10 hours ago, intvdave said:

Very true. I love both games very much. Both are my favorite.  I meant more like a sequel to both of them.  Like Quest for the intellivoice and cloudy mountain 2. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, intvdave said:

Have you played my Super Pro Bump-n-Jump? I have not received feedback from anyone.

I did not own Pinball as a kid but have played it a few times. Additional screens might be easy. Remind me about it in the future like next year.

I downloaded it.  Didn't notice any real changes except extra cars.

Then a few days later, you put up another version or the real SP version.  I only tried it one time to make sure it worked. 

I will put down BT and try SP BnJ some time this weekend.  Anniversary this weekend.... So, MAYBE a chance to play a few games?

Yes I liked this game as a kid, but hated the controls as I do now. You are forced to always have your thumb on the shield button. Also think it's stupid that the Recognizer can snag you right as you switch directions. I mean sometimes he is there in an instant which is stupid. Also stupid is that the only way to reach the RAM is thru the I/O Transport. You can go far left or far right and never get to the RAM.... ?

When fighting the MCP the controls are even worse, the aiming mechanism fkin SUCKS. You click the disc and you miss the spot click the disc again the other way and you overshoot and go too far, again STUPID!!!!

Maybe have a button bomb capability that disables the ever annoying Recognizer for like a minute or something.... I like the color coding idea by mr_me. 

I would definitely like to purchase the cart version of this upgrade... How soon would the release be??? ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I would definitely like to purchase the cart version of this upgrade... How soon would the release be??? ?‍♂️

There will not be a cart release of any game I release going forward.

In typical fashion, I always find more to do as I work on games.

For those of you thinking "everything" will be fixed, they will not be. Example is the man getting stuck in the circuits. He will still get stuck as this is part of the challenge but it is easier to navigate through the circuits and everywhere else.

Using the transporter is the only way to reach the ram chips but you are more likely to get there. The difficulty rises with the levels.

From a levels perspective, I think this is the most challenging game Mattel ever made. The levels get so difficult that it is not possible to keep up with the scrolling screen.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, intvdave said:

There will not be a cart release of any game I release going forward.

In typical fashion, I always find more to do as I work on games.

For those of you thinking "everything" will be fixed, they will not be. Example is the man getting stuck in the circuits. He will still get stuck as this is part of the challenge but it is easier to navigate through the circuits and everywhere else.

Using the transporter is the only way to reach the ram chips but you are more likely to get there. The difficulty rises with the levels.

From a levels perspective, I think this is the most challenging game Mattel ever made. The levels get so difficult that it is not possible to keep up with the scrolling screen.

Yes the scrolling screen on the fast level gets unplayable eventually and all you can do is try feverishly to make it to the direction changer.... ?

On 10/28/2021 at 1:09 PM, IMBerzerk said:

Before you close the book on that subject... maybe consider this one and if you HOPEFULLY plan on doing a Super Pro Cloudy Mounatin consider those last two for CIB.  It would be great to have them both as CIB's.

I’m for the CIB Super Pro Tron Maze and definitely with Betzerk for a Super Pro D&D Cloudy Mountain with some new monster and, especially, endless play with increasing difficulty each time you complete a crown!!! Would it be feasible ?

Thank you Dave for contributing to the community happiness !