IGNORED

OPA Gary!

dhe

The sun is hot on the forehead in the desert.

Most people would be kinda at each others neck all the time especially if you're dinner menu never changed, except for the item name. Example:

From "camel stew"

to "baby back camel wings in BBQ sauce".

Now that sounds good. and everyone can party again for another hundred years.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Interesting

Interesting that nginx is now part of F5.

You can write code destined to run in Wasm using a wide variety of high-level languages, including C/ C++, C#, Dart, Go, Kotlin, Rust and Swift.

We heard this promise 20 years ago.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GDMike said:

sounds to me more of a way to have higher-level code run over the web, besides javascript, with a web browser running the code that is transmitted.

As for replacing the OS tough, but there is a lot of companies working on having a better chromebook, even microsoft with their windows 12 basically wants it to be EDGE only with everything running as apps inside it.

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

As for replacing the OS tough, but there is alot of companies working on having a better chromebook, even microsoft for their windows 12 basically wants it to be EDGE only with everything running as apps inside it.

Yes, because technology 100x faster than 20 years ago needs to run even more slower than 20 years ago.  I am losing so much faith in developers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yes, because technology 100x faster than 20 years ago needs to run even more slower than 20 years ago.  I am losing so much faith in developers.

Every time something works somebody's going to come along and screw it up so that somebody else can come along and fix it

Edited by GDMike
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OurVision said:

Hi Gary. You mention Tim Horton's coffee. My nephew sent me a box and it was ok, not as good as say Wegman's though. Still, not bad for a Burger King coffee.

Tim Hortons was around for longest time before it went downhill being bought out by 3G capital that owns wendy's and burger king. Canadians grew up on Tim Hortons coffee, now they basically gone, with your Starbucks taking over instead.

Have not tried wegman's yet, will have to see if i can order some from amazon, along with sadly some starbucks as well, i like to have a few different kinds of coffee to select from.

But I miss having dominican republic coffee, it was so fresh and natural there, but weird thing is even tho they grow coffee and exploit it and sell it locally, the people that lived there are not big coffee drinkers, you will rarely find a coffee machine, and the only places selling coffee is little road side stands early in morning before the sun comes up for bus, truck, taxi drivers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Today, is going to be a busy day! First, I am going to use the TTC Public Transportation for the first time here in Canada since my return, to go to my appointment at the Sunnybrook Clinic. Second, my bed has arrived! So now, I need to work on setting up a proper sleeping space!!

• Thanks 1

Good news, I survived yesterday's trip for the first time totally walking and taking Toronto's Crappy Public Transportation, it will get better once they finally open the Eglinton LRT (12 years later & its still not open), instead of Uber or Lyft to my doctor's appointment, it took longer of course but only cost me $7 Canadian Loonies in total instead of over $45 each way for taxis!

And top of that afterwards I came back and finished setting up my bedroom finally since the bed arrived just before I left on my trip, and then I started organizing my little home office setup in the Den, still need to setup my TI99 equipment, but first I need to bring over the items from storage, which I will do this weekend.

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, here it is my first time seeing snow since I left Canada in 2010. It is finally snowing a bit here at my condo in Scarberia as the locals call it, normally we get a taste of snow before the main city of Toronto does. Not enough yet for building a snowman in the backyard. ☃️

Edited by Gary from OPA
added video
  • Like 3

Well, I guess we are getting closer to the holidays, as now the front lobby of my condo building has decorations up. Hopefully, #SantaClaus has me on his nice list this year. Either way, it will be better then my last few Christmas years, which I spent behind #SeaTac prison bars.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Day T-8: 12 days of Retro Christmas. Today, was finally Xmas for me. I was able to get to one of my old storage units and bring back a bunch of my stuff, spent the day unpacking and stacking it, just in time for 2024. Sadly, what I am missing is an actual TI99/4a console itself.

GCpj__vXkAAU0Qn.jpeg

GCpj_UEW0AALnUc.jpeg

GCpj-3AWkAAzxRY.jpeg

GCpj-awXkAAFK8V.jpeg

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Day T-8: 12 days of Retro Christmas. Today, was finally Xmas for me. I was able to get to one of my old storage units and bring back a bunch of my stuff, spent the day unpacking and stacking it, just in time for 2024. Sadly, what I am missing is an actual TI99/4a console itself.

GCpj__vXkAAU0Qn.jpeg

GCpj_UEW0AALnUc.jpeg

GCpj-3AWkAAzxRY.jpeg

GCpj-awXkAAFK8V.jpeg

Oh, what treasures!! That Myarc Micro PEB is just like one that I use to own!

Edited by RickyDean
added content
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ksarul said:

I have one of the MPES-50s that I use connected to my test machine to do compatibility tests. . .

I tried to get my hands on one of those to carry around to shows, but wound up with a CC9900, instead.

3 hours ago, Ksarul said:

I have one of the MPES-50s that I use connected to my test machine to do compatibility tests. . .

the myarc mini was good little box, what i used it for, along with the thermal printer and ti99 monitor, was as my point-of-sale system running at the front desk of my store, i used it all the way up until 2010, when i closed down my store and moved to dominican republic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

I tried to get my hands on one of those to carry around to shows, but wound up with a CC9900, instead.

yeah the cc9900 i had as well, it was alot easier to carry around to shows and user group meetings back in the day, not sure what happen to mine.

well sadly, just spent almost $500 today on ebay, to get two working ti99/4a consoles themselves from two sellers in canada, black and silver one in quebec and beige one in ontario, as i can't find any of my actual 99/4a consoles in my storage units, and my only other one is down in dominican republic still. hopefully, they will not take too long to get here, then i can get at least two systems up and running again, with all the cards that i have in my various pe-box's.

what i would like to do, is connect two pe-boxes together to one console, so i have more card slots, i done that before, but sadly i need the bridge piece, anyone know of a good deal for one that allows you to plug in two flexcable firehoses to the console?

Also even tho i have 5 ti99 pe-box's, i only have two flexcable cards, i seen the new replacement card, what is the best deal to get one of those, or can i find any original flexcable cards still?

I just wish there was more sellers in canada with some good ti99 tech, as the shipping and ups charges from usa is a killer, even for the two consoles i just bought, only one was affordable the ontario one as the seller had it set to canadian currency, and shipping as canadian, the quebec one was crazy, as he had it set to usa dollars and shipping as international, so i got ripped off by ebay for conversion of the money and on shipping, not fair to felllow canuck.