IGNORED

Bikerbob's Clubhouse

Bikerbob

Personally... I always like FXE v1.x much better than that fiasco that 5.4 was/is.  FXE was so clean, lean and powerful.  Back in 1986, it was rather hard to switch from FXE to BBS:Express v1.0... some of the stuff (like the built-in terminal) did not exist in BBS:Express back then.

During my hardware selloff in the last 2 months, I found my FXE v1.2 original floppy.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bf2k+ said:

Personally... I always like FXE v1.x much better than that fiasco that 5.4 was/is.  FXE was so clean, lean and powerful.  Back in 1986, it was rather hard to switch from FXE to BBS:Express v1.0... some of the stuff (like the built-in terminal) did not exist in BBS:Express back then.

During my hardware selloff in the last 2 months, I found my FXE v1.2 original floppy.

Very cool.  I so wish I could find a FoReM ST former SYSOP, someone who had done a lot with it.. who might still have something around.. Unless express, some of the 8bit stuff, even Express for ST.. I cant find anyone who says they really ran one, or Turbo (the successor) to find stuff for it. Matthew Singer does not have source, and no one else I can find has it.. shame.

James

3 hours ago, bf2k+ said:

Is it for sale? ;)

On 11/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, bf2k+ said:

Could you possibly image that and upload it somewhere. I was looking for all the original files but couldn’t find them. If the disk and stuff is all ok I’d interested in purchasing it if it is for sale. 

• 1 year later...

WELL - figured I would put it here, since it will be Bikerbob's BBS until I get the bugs worked out,  BUT I did find ///Turbo Board ST 2.20 - and it works!!!

Now I still have no manual for this either.. All these things 30 years removed and no other sysops around are hard to figure out without a manual.

Nice thing is ///Turbo Board ST is based on FoReM ST - to use it, you would be sure it is FoReM ST - but things are different - the Author who was FoReM STs last maintainer is William J. Miller, sometimes written as John Miller. He is also the author of DDST that a lot of our boards have as a DOOR game.  I have had no luck finding this person or anyone associated with Turbo board is 2022/3  and I have looked. This guy lived and operated his support BBS not 10miles from me.  OH well.

So I will continue to work - right now I am working on the MODEM ( I am using my Zimodem ESP8266 Avatex 1200hc ;) )  I think I am having  CTS/RTS issues..  I will ask in another thread about that.

James

• 2 weeks later...