IGNORED

Altirra 4.00 released

phaeron

I tried today the HyperXF-Rom for the XF551 drive with Altirra 4.10. Wow this really works - Altirra emulates the 8040/50 in the XF551. Very impressive!

But I found an issue: The HyperXF menu can't be booted (this comes up when booting without a disk).

I tracked this issue down: The 8039 emulation in Altirra executes the command MOVP3 A,@A (opcode $E3) at location $B21 without respect to SEL MB0 at $B03. So page B is accessed, but page 3 would be correct.

Edit: Here is the HyperXF-Rom:

HYPROMA.rom

Edited by StefanD
HyperXF-Rom appended, better description
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanD said:

I tried today the HyperXF-Rom for the XF551 drive with Altirra 4.10. Wow this really works - Altirra emulates the 8040/50 in the XF551. Very impressive!

But I found an issue: The HyperXF menu can't be booted (this comes up when booting without a disk).

I tracked this issue down: The 8039 emulation in Altirra executes the command MOVP3 A,@A (opcode $E3) at location $B21 without respect to SEL MB0 at $B03. So page B is accessed, but page 3 would be correct.

Edit: Here is the HyperXF-Rom:

HYPROMA.rom 8 kB · 0 downloads

Aha, thanks, nice catch. It's actually simpler than that, MOVP3 just needs to ignore all current banking bits -- it's documented as always setting A11-A8 to 0011. I'll have this fixed up for the next 4.10 test release.

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
On 11/19/2023 at 11:50 AM, mirao said:

An easier way than building from a source exists: using a binary from WineHQ repository: https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu. Then Direct3D 9/11 works too.
So I would prefer to use this repository and not rely on internal Ubuntu repo.

I've just upgraded Ubuntu 23.10 => 24.04 and now "wine" (Ubuntu 9.0~repack-4build3) installed from the internal Ubuntu repo works with Direct3D 9 fine. So IMHO WineHQ repo is not needed anymore.