IGNORED

The Atari VCS Controversies Thread

Mockduck

BUUUUT, theTick treated it as a fact. You should have mentioned that. I'm, just pointing out that 1) Atari announced a SDK and 2) they can't use Steam's propiertary SDK (unless they get permission and pay for the rights). These 2 things are facts. My guess is as good as yours but if the system is scheduled for July 2019, then I'd say no later than April 2019. That's 3 months. But then again I have no idea.

Here's the thing: Atari SA hasn't actually delivered anything yet, and that's after being into this project for more than a year.

In that timeframe, I would have expected them to at least have a working prototype, especially given that - by their own statements - they're essentially building a low-powered laptop. This does not bode well for their ability to deliver an SDK, backend infrastructure for a store, or secure the licensing agreement with Netflix they'll need so that

or whatever it is that she does with Netflix, or many other things.
  • Like 3

BUUUUT, theTick treated it as a fact. You should have mentioned that. I'm, just pointing out that 1) Atari announced a SDK and 2) they can't use Steam's propiertary SDK (unless they get permission and pay for the rights). These 2 things are facts. My guess is as good as yours but if the system is scheduled for July 2019, then I'd say no later than April 2019. That's 3 months. But then again I have no idea.

No I specifically stated .. joking. I guess reading comprehension is not your strong point. Anyway I still think what I stated is very likely. I expect Atari SA to licence the steam SDK and repackage it as the Atari SDK. I'm pretty sure developing an SDK is beyond Atari's SA capabilities. They can't even produce a simple low end PC prototype given a year and that is a FACT. Publicly announcing a release date, and waiting to the announcement date to state they have nothing not a even a working prototype is just the definition of an incompetent company.

Edited by thetick1
  • Like 2

post-52262-0-80611800-1536280864.jpg

• Like 9

PSA in case you missed it in the other threads:

User SupremeEnchanter is a sock puppet account for "BiffsGamingVideos," who has been behaving badly both on this site and on Reddit.

He's still on YouTube if you really want to see his lengthy videos (including some 1990s stuff), but I suspect he won't be welcomed back here.

Don't be like Biff.

• Like 9

User SupremeEnchanter is a sock puppet account for "BiffsGamingVideos," who has been behaving badly both on this site and on Reddit.

He's still on YouTube if you really want to see his lengthy videos (including some 1990s stuff), but I suspect he won't be welcomed back here.

Don't be like Biff.

• Like 6

Don't be like Biff.

Touche! ;-)

Rip biffs... :skull:

Thanks for your input. That's the type of info I was looking for. I am in listening mode. The game will be out on Steam, play store, iTunes, amazon and windows store at the very least.

- It actually is in 1920x1080 at 60FPS but was recorded really low rez and low frame rate. So it's not a pixel game. The characters are 256x256 or 512x512. In a pixel game they are lower such as 64x64. The backgrounds are 1024x1024.

- The video is a gameplay video of the first 10 minutes. This is a trainer area. Once the game is nearing completion I will do trailer videos. Those are fast edited with music and are meant to sell an item. This video came about because a couple distributors wanted to see videos not pictures. Imagine if you watched a the first few minutes of Star Wars. Not to interesting. But watch a trailer and you want to go see it.

- It'll be on Steam first. I hear you about $5. The distributor decides on the price point. The most number of games are $10 bell shaped curve for number of sales. Then they are $20 when talking about profits. When they go on sale they sell a hell of a lot more real fast. That's when people pick them up real cheap (I picked up Bit Evolution in the Steam summer sale for $3.50 and now it's $10 again).

- It's almost universal that everyone wants a free download with a 1 time purchase and no ads. We have been to a number of trade shows having people fill out the forms and they all say that. People hate ads and microtransactions (but microtransactions make a crap ton of money).

- The 2 characters were meant to be prototyping. You can get these cheap and see how they work before hiring people to make real ones. The crazy thing is the biggest comment that people mention is they like the jungle theme and the 2 characters. They compare it to Raiders of the Lost Ark and a Atari 2600 jungle game that was based off of it. This is why I keep asking about them. I think they are too cartoney. So I may decide to leave them in and have a total of 4 characters to choose from.

The top game of all time is Microsoft's Solidaire Klondike that came with every Windows copy. It's not 3D, has no SFX or graphics or whatever. I myself play games like: Zynga Spades every day, Sudoku, Chess, Hearts and an Android game called Scrambled Net. I also play a lot of MAME games from the 70s and 80s. But you know what? I have fun playing them. With a potential audience of 7 billion people there are always someone willing. Heck, there are people that watch Duck Dynasty and America's Got talent and shows like that. They make money. So I thank you for you opinion but I was really looking for data mining stats. I am contiplating if I should try to release several games on the Atari UI store or just stay on Steam (Linux).

Thanks for your input.

I got banned from the taco thread so it's here in the VCSii thread because it may be released on the VCSii. and You said the P word, not me.

MuckDuck,

I am not famaliar with ATari Age's forums management but if there is a way to move these to a new thread that would be fine. Maybe an Atari VCSii software thread. You could set it up. In pro boards the moderator can move messages around so am not sure what atari age uses. So this way people could talk about software for the VCSii.

Reddit does have an atari vcs section without the tacos. Lots of good info there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AtariVCS/

The game looks fine but belongs in a software thread.

In addition to claiming the titles of Emmy Winner, Telly Winner, first ever video reviewer, sock puppet, and owner of multiple personalities, the guy has a severe narcissistic personality disorder manifesting in narcissistic rage.

Only one cure known to man for that....

source.gif

• Like 3

The dumbass was taking a selfie right on top of the train on the train company's property to make everything about him. Since he couldn't see he was being stupid and egotistical, with no regard for his own safety, and thinking nothing of other people he might impact, he got a boot to the head. Just what the doctor ordered.

• Like 6

That's a Jaguar with the CD attachment and a Catbox.

Damn, that's good, lol. I was doing laundry one weekend and heard hella noise outside. So, I went out and saw that. Took a pic 'cause nobody'd believe it otherwise.

Nah, I happened to see the one with the grasshoppers above and couldn't resist adding that one pic. Not trolling in any way. :)

• Like 1

Damn, that's good, lol. I was doing laundry one weekend and heard hella noise outside. So, I went out and saw that. Took a pic 'cause nobody'd believe it otherwise.

Nah, I happened to see the one with the grasshoppers above and couldn't resist adding that one pic. Not trolling in any way. :)

Okay, so help me out here. There is a cat getting pounded by a second cat. And the second cat is getting pounded (or an attempted pounding) by a third cat... Correct?

Dude on the top needs to wait his turn. Back in Utah, we'd call that a Dog Pile (well minus the dog part)! :rolling:

Speaking of dogs: