IGNORED

Anyone Ever "Tribute" Photos of Atari Systems or Items???

widowsson

6 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

A really stupid running gag can sometimes turn funny for a little while after the initial annoyance wears off, but if it keeps running the annoyance comes back with a vengeance. I would really not like to see any more of @widowsson’s desperately sad posts. Is there a way to block him?

Click your username in top right, under settings there is "ignored users" and you can add people there.

• Thanks 4

On 12/15/2021 at 8:15 PM, toiletunes said:

I do not like the new Monopoly token lineup. Bring back the wheelbarrow!

Incorrect.  The thimble is the superior token and should be prioritized for reinstatement, as I shall demonstrate forthwith:

1.  Balance.  The wheelbarrow's three points of contact, combined with its protruding handles create the potential for it to be tipped over, even possibly by a sufficiently vigorous exhale.  The thimble balances on its entire circumference, and its beveled shape biases it toward uprightness.  If standing on the board in vertical orientation is not the paramount duty of a good Monopoly token, what is?

2.  Replaceability.  An owner faced with a misplaced thimble token can easily avail himself of a replacement from the household sewing kit.  In fact, with such variety as exists among such implements, a dedicated needle woman could furnish a token for each player up to the maximum permitted with no confusion as to whom each is appointed.  By contrast, what sensible household occupies itself with collecting miniature wheelbarrows, which have no useful application beyond what is being examined here.

3.  Aesthetics.  Surely, one cannot consider the worthiness of a playing piece without regard to its aesthetic value.  Consider the simple, conical shape of the thimble: a close resemblance to the ubiquitous pawn.  Ubiquitous with sound reason, that is, as the pawn represents the perfectly abstracted form of man himself: recognizable, though featureless enough to be fit as a universal avatar.  The thimble, however, is no mere pawn, as it is also a symbol of games of leisure moving away from their abstracted domains of grids and tracks, of "jumps" and "captures", to the stuff of real life; the debtor and the landlord, the jailer and the prisoner, etc.  It is the tool of a skilled tradesman.  It represents a humble beginning, but the promise of greater prosperity.  The wheelbarrow is solely a tool of menial labor, not of the wise investor who knows a hotel on an orange properties, with an income which outnumbers debt, is worth more than a hundred Boardwalks.

Can there be any doubt as to which token should win the favor of a discerning player?  It is our conclusion that there cannot.  If any, having read this treatise, wish to persevere in his error, it is to both his discredit and demerit, though we shall suffer this gladly as we already called the the thimble before the box was opened, which counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The thimble sucks! You can't sew shit with it. What, is it for sewing toddlers? Completely useless.

Cannon is the best piece. It sends the message "I'm about to f***ing merc you!". If you don't have one, just grab a 1972 Clue revolver. It sends the same message. It's all about the mind games. Monopoly is 50% mind games. Unless you have 3 or 4 players, then its 33-1/3% or 25%.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Draxxon
  • Haha 1

On 12/15/2021 at 5:37 PM, jgkspsx said:

A really stupid running gag can sometimes turn funny for a little while after the initial annoyance wears off, but if it keeps running the annoyance comes back with a vengeance. I would really not like to see any more of @widowsson’s desperately sad posts. Is there a way to block him?

Wow. Chillax much?

It's totally fine if you don't find it funny. No need to comment and stir up drama though. Just ignore it, and do not respond if it does not resonate with you. 

Edited by widowsson

If we ever get to play Monopoly, we won't have to fight over tokens ?

The wheelbarrow is uniquely Monopoly- it can not be replaced with sewing equipment or pieces from some other game. Plus, how else are you going to carry your imaginary money? If you can fit your winnings in a thimble or the barrel of a revolver, you've already lost! 

I suppose you could put your money on a battleship, if you have any left after purchasing said battleship. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

The thimble sucks! You can't sew shit with it.

You're not supposed to sew with it.  That's what the needle is for.  Boom, roasted.

58 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

Cannon is the best piece. It sends the message "I'm about to f***ing merc you!".

Well, if you're going to use that kind of language, you can be the horse, since you both belong in a barn.  Boom, roasted.

1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

If you don't have one, just grab a 1972 Clue revolver.

Since you obviously don't know how it works, the thimble protects the thumb.  That's where the word comes from.  Can you operate a firearm without a thumb?  No.  Can you pack a cannon charge without a thumb?  No.  A philistine such as yourself armed with that kind of weaponry... surely your thumbs are not long for the world.  Boom, roasted.

57 minutes ago, toiletunes said:

Plus, how else are you going to carry your imaginary money?

Well, those of us with genuine taste and class when it comes to token selection don't have to just imagine our winnings.  We take them through shrewd dealings and superior intellect.  And anyway, the thimble piece can clearly hold more volume than the wheelbarrow piece, though I suspect either one could accommodate both your skill and taste with room to spare.  Boom, roasted.

1 hour ago, toiletunes said:

?If you can fit your winnings in a thimble or the barrel of a revolver, you've already lost! 

I suppose you could put your money on a battleship, if you have any left after purchasing said battleship. 

Maybe you should Google the word "inflation".  Real wealth is in capital, not cash.  You could have enough cash to sink the Bismarck; you still don't own anything.  Where are you going to dock this battleship?  Nowhere that's owned by anyone with standards, that's where.  Perhaps that's the kind of frustration that attracted you to this kind of thread to begin with, if you catch my drift.  Boom, roasted.

THIMBLE - 6 : PHILISTINES 0

Get rekt, perverts.

• Haha 2