IGNORED

Anyone Ever "Tribute" Photos of Atari Systems or Items???

widowsson

Listen man, clearly at your house you have different house rules. Im not saying use a stupid Life pawn or Risk piece of weird plastic. This is the 1972 Clue Revolver we are talking about. Only thing better than that is the Dragon from Dark Tower.

At our house we lose all the pieces to board games so we have make due. You might even have to be the bread basket from Operation. Also you DO get $200 the first time you pass go. Mainly because we have never finished a game of monopoly here. It takes way too long. Also we pay everything to park place, and if you land on it you get the money.

Besides all that, what kind of message does the thimble and wheelbarrow convey? Weak! You know what would be better than a thimble? A pin coushin with all the needles pushed inside? you ever squeezed one of those things? yeah, me neither, Im not stupid, but people that have say its pretty wicked painful. Anyways, loads better than just a thimble. Hell even that needle you mentioned sounds better. Thimble, lol. My Mom didn't even use the thimble, she was always the shoe.

Wheelbarrow? I mean, wouldn't the car be smarter for hauling money, I mean, what if its windy?

Edited by Draxxon

1 minute ago, RJ said:

I like when someone gets zinged on here & they immediately run to your profile to check you out ??

Screenshot_20211218-234748_Gallery.jpg

Yeah, but only like the dog and top hat are left. You two are gonna need to get together and work that out anyways.

Edited by Draxxon

42 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

Also you DO get $200 the first time you pass go. Mainly because we have never finished a game of monopoly here. It takes way too long. Also we pay everything to park place, and if you land on it you get the money.

House rules (free parking money etc) make the game longer. How are you going to force everyone into bankruptcy if you keep adding random extra money?

On a side note (shameless plug) the top 20 players in the 7800 High Score Club are getting a free Garbage Pail Kids plastic thingy with stand, perfect for replacing any missing game piece.

• Like 1

TBH. We double up draw 2s in uno, move backwards in checkers once you get crowned (no corn jumps tho), all kinds of fun stuff. You can't move your battleships or lie in guess who, that's still cheating. I don't think we ever learned how to play risk. the kids just throw the pieces around and make a mess.

Im pretty sure the house rule for free parking money is mentioned in the official rules, so, its not like we just made it up. As far as making it longer... In all seriousness, I have only finished a few games of monopoly or risk in my lifetime. Normally someone quits.

PROTIP: ALWAYS get your BONUS in YAHTZEE.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

RISK is the only one I like to this day.  I have Lord of the Rings RISK, and we used to play it every so often,  trying to conquer Middle Earth...Been a while though.  I tended to remember the rules as my friends were explaining them haha...I don't think I remember them without others handy.

• Like 1

Dark Tower is my favorite board game of all time. You had to go around the board conquering areas, and avoiding the roaming dragon. The tower was sort of like a handheld video game in a way.

So, in conclusion, my guess is... it was George Carlin, in the Dark Tower, with the Revolver.

UPDATE: It was george carlin with the revolver... in candyland. This is why I hate Clue. It's like no one wins. Kinda like this thread. :( 

Edited by Draxxon
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Race car.

back on topic...

Racecar is like the ryu, kazuya, or scorpion of monopoly. It's a solid, basic choice, that everyone wants to pick (this was always my Dad's token). While "racecar" it's great for dyslexic players. It's not as impressive as "was it a rat I saw".  (My Dad isn't dyslexic, but my Unlce was).

While the Racecar sends a message that you're going to move around the board faster than all the other players, (an advantage in monopoly with any rules once you've zoomed around the board once) you have to be able to back that message up by actually rolling consistent high numbers (Which my Dad could do because he was a gambler and an alcoholic).

When you're a kid it's kind of not possible to pick the Racecar, Shoe or Dog because those are your Dad's, Mom's and Sister's pieces by default. The cannon is all that's left over for a young lad, really. Boats, Top Hats, Wheelbarrows and uh Thimbles? LOL are for little brothers or sisters or cousins. Also, if you have ever stepped on the cannon, you'll make sure not to lose that sucker and step on it again. That piece always makes it back into the box.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Draxxon said:

Dane cook sucks.

Agreed, he USED to be funny. That entire Comedy Central special that clip is taken from is great; however the last Comic Relief I saw him perform at, he barely got a laugh his ENTIRE ACT. It was sad.

Edited by RJ
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RJ said:

Agreed, he USED to be funny. That entire Comedy Central special that clip is taken from is great. However the last Comic Relief I saw him perform at, he barely got a laugh his ENTIRE ACT. It was sad.

Well,  I laughed when he said he was so poor he actually had to use the "Iron" from Monopoly...But,  yeah...I personally think he should stick to movies.  I once watched a whole special of his and I really didn't laugh once.  A lot of it about his drunk father and so on seemed kind of real (and therefore sad).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

RISK is the only one I like to this day.  I have Lord of the Rings RISK, and we used to play it every so often,  trying to conquer Middle Earth...Been a while though.  I tended to remember the rules as my friends were explaining them haha...I don't think I remember them without others handy.

The only game worse than Monopoly is RISK.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, GoldLeader said:

Well,  I laughed when he said he was so poor he actually had to use the "Iron" from Monopoly...But,  yeah...I personally think he should stick to movies.  I once watched a whole special of his and I really didn't laugh once.  A lot of it about his drunk father and so on seemed kind of real (and therefore sad).

IIRR the Monopoly clip is from his 1st CC special before he got popular. "Harmful If Swallowed" is also really good but I kinda stopped paying attention after that, & havent seen any of his movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoldLeader said:

I think Risk, esp. The Lord of the Rings Edition is a blast, but to each his own.  I don't really enjoy any other board games.

Hmmm ever played Rummy Royal (I believe it's also known as "Michigan Rummy")? That game is SOOOOO much fun but no one else I know thinks so. It was our go-to neighborhood cul-de-sac game BITD.

m_5f133aba81a36cab4083d4c9-2.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, RJ said:

Hmmm ever played Rummy Royal (I believe it's also known as "Michigan Rummy")? That game is SOOOOO much fun but no one else I know thinks so. It was our go-to neighborhood cul-de-sac game BITD.

m_5f133aba81a36cab4083d4c9-2.jpeg

No, but for a short period of time, my parents and I would play something called Rummy 500 (Which a friend had taught me)...So long ago I have no idea how it's played now, but it was fun at the time.

• Like 2