IGNORED

Mattel HyperScan Fan Thread

sixersfan105

Ah yes, the mythical card case. I talked about that in the original post on this thread. I don't believe the card case was ever released. The Mattel link here shows a picture of the card case but the description on that page is actually for the fanny-pack style console case, which did get released and is available for purchase in new old stock condition here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not I.

You know.. I haven't eBayed anything Hyperscan in a while. Hell, I still haven't even tried my console yet! I should get on that.

Been pushing it off.. and off.. and off.. in lieu of other gaming related items that are likely a lot more fun to experiment with. Life is short. :lolblue:

• Like 1

I don't even know if I own the actual Spiderman game yet, I have to check my "bag of Hyperscan oddities" I've picked up over the years.

I just checked some footage and Spiderman really looks to be the stand-out game on the platform with decent variety of missions. Some day I'd love for there to be a reemergence of interest in the system for homebrew uses, since the media can be burned onto standard CD-Rs.

On 3/17/2023 at 11:20 AM, sixersfan105 said:

(is there a HyperScan scene?)

It's sad because there used to be for some window of time. Even had dedicated forums to discussing and reverse engineering it, but now you'll just find a lot of invalid links and much of the content including the forums never managed to get properly archived for preservation.

Edited by MattPilz

8 hours ago, MattPilz said:

I don't even know if I own the actual Spiderman game yet, I have to check my "bag of Hyperscan oddities" I've picked up over the years.

I just checked some footage and Spiderman really looks to be the stand-out game on the platform with decent variety of missions. Some day I'd love for there to be a reemergence of interest in the system for homebrew uses, since the media can be burned onto standard CD-Rs.

It's sad because there used to be for some window of time. Even had dedicated forums to discussing and reverse engineering it, but now you'll just find a lot of invalid links and much of the content including the forums never managed to get properly archived for preservation.

Yeah, I agree that Spider-Man is probably the best game on the system. A reemergence of interest would definitely be cool; we shall see! Very much a shame about the lack of preservation over the years. ☹️

• 2 months later...

I love my hyperscan and yes I know the games arent made of the quality people think they should have been. Truth is I always felt like this was more toy collectible than video game. I'm still trying to find the 2 promo cards I know were released one was lady deathstrike for xmen which is her ultimate and the other I had seen on ebay years ago was ghost freak which was his ultimate for ben 10. There was supposed to be a 3rd promo card  to sire if they are counting the 2 spiderman promos of which one has never been released. Would love to finish the other 4 games card sets up as I'm close with only finishing the xmen one up. Is there somewhere I can go to find singles for sale that is trustworthy. ebay does not have any that I need anymore. anyone still on here that could help I would love to hear from you thanks

3 hours ago, Theg80 said:

I love my hyperscan and yes I know the games arent made of the quality people think they should have been. Truth is I always felt like this was more toy collectible than video game. I'm still trying to find the 2 promo cards I know were released one was lady deathstrike for xmen which is her ultimate and the other I had seen on ebay years ago was ghost freak which was his ultimate for ben 10. There was supposed to be a 3rd promo card  to sire if they are counting the 2 spiderman promos of which one has never been released. Would love to finish the other 4 games card sets up as I'm close with only finishing the xmen one up. Is there somewhere I can go to find singles for sale that is trustworthy. ebay does not have any that I need anymore. anyone still on here that could help I would love to hear from you thanks

Welcome to the AtariAge Forums and this thread specifically! Yeah, I feel like they tried to appeal to both card collector-kids and video game-kids and in practice, kind of half-assed both. I'll send you a private message, as I have some spare cards for most games (not Spider-Man). Cheers. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've got some spare HyperScan cards for X-Men, Interstellar Wrestling League (IWL) and Ben-10. I hooked up @Theg80 with an IWL card that he had been trying to track down. For anyone who's looking to expand their collection, feel free to shoot me a PM with your card needs and I'll see what I can do to help. Specific cards start at just $5 (harder to find cards will be slightly more expensive). As a reminder, a rarity guide is available here. I could also put together Booster Packs in original (open) packaging for both X-Men and IWL, but you wouldn't be able to pick and choose your cards when buying a Booster Pack, of course. $5 per Booster Pack for X-Men and $10 per Booster Pack for IWL, with multiple buys bringing the price down some. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, GAM3RBO1 said:

So I have been slowly compiling over the past two years. I have bought the system, two controllers, the carry case, the Ben 10 game, Marvel Heroes, and X-Men. Along with a whole case of X-Men game cards

Sweet! Now you need Interstellar Wrestling League (IWL) and Spider-Man! I think I've actually got a spare IWL...

I liked the idea of hyperscan, and I believe it could have been a hit, had it released a decade later. The problem with 06 is every console was still being released complete, but a decade later it may have made sense. There wasn't enough games to attract the collector crowd, but its overall very "skylanders" or "amiibo" in style, and those both seemed to be a hit. Don't know if the cards used bar/dot codes, or were rfid variants, but if the latter, it could fave gotten the toy/statuette scene as well.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 5:14 PM, Video said:

I liked the idea of hyperscan, and I believe it could have been a hit, had it released a decade later. The problem with 06 is every console was still being released complete, but a decade later it may have made sense. There wasn't enough games to attract the collector crowd, but its overall very "skylanders" or "amiibo" in style, and those both seemed to be a hit. Don't know if the cards used bar/dot codes, or were rfid variants, but if the latter, it could fave gotten the toy/statuette scene as well.

Agreed! It was ahead of the curve! And yes, the "IntelliCards"/game cards used RFID technology.