IGNORED

Deadlier Disc - Tron Rebooted

intvdave

1 hour ago, intvdave said:

I have updated the game not to restore health going through the teleports. I also adjusted part of the code that gave me a headache from when I started working on this game. Sorry... this has been one title I should have never released. I am much happier with Maze and Sailor.

If you ordered the game, let me know and I will send you the update.

Ouch!  This is already a hard game! 

Thank you for releasing it.  It has given the game new life and like I said,  I can play on my laptop.  I am now pretty used to the shoot in the direction you are running thing also.

9 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Ouch!  This is already a hard game! 

Thank you for releasing it.  It has given the game new life and like I said,  I can play on my laptop.  I am now pretty used to the shoot in the direction you are running thing also.

Sorry, now it's "Deadlier" mwahaha

I was wondering what the purpose of that "can shoot and block with action buttons" change was when I saw it in the notes.  I thought..  why would you ever want to do that? lol

Edited by crade
  • Haha 1

Finally got a decent run going!

Ran into the bug where the guys stop coming out again this time.  The trick to workaround it is to stall until the recognizer comes and then

you will get the 3 guys back, so if you end up with only 2 guys at a time just open doors and don't kill all the guys too quickly, if you hit 0 guys you are stuck. 

Edit: shortly before this happened, had a small glitch where the recognizer started to come in for 3-4 seconds, then disappeared and 3 guys came out instead, then another recognizer came shortly (30 seconds?) after normally.  Not sure if it's related

Edit2: forgot to mention another possible hint.  After you are down to two guys continuously instead of three,

the guys came out more instantly than before (it didn't wait for them to finish derezing after you kill one before the next one comes out anymore)

I also hit a really weird behaviour where the recognizer came onto the screen in 2 separate pieces from difference corners and then mostly but not entirely converged in the middle :)  unfortunately there was no head so I couldn't kill it, but everything went back to normal after it left 

discs_thumb.jpg

Edited by crade

2 hours ago, crade said:

Finally got a decent run going!

Ran into the bug where the guys stop coming out again this time.  The trick to workaround it is to stall until the recognizer comes and then

you will get the 3 guys back, so if you end up with only 2 guys at a time just open doors and don't kill all the guys too quickly, if you hit 0 guys you are stuck. 

Edit: shortly before this happened, had a small glitch where the recognizer started to come in for 3-4 seconds, then disappeared and 3 guys came out instead, then another recognizer came shortly (30 seconds?) after normally.  Not sure if it's related

Edit2: forgot to mention another possible hint.  After you are down to two guys continuously instead of three,

the guys came out more instantly than before (it didn't wait for them to finish derezing after you kill one before the next one comes out anymore)

I also hit a really weird behaviour where the recognizer came onto the screen in 2 separate pieces from difference corners and then mostly but not entirely converged in the middle :)  unfortunately there was no head so I couldn't kill it, but everything went back to normal after it left 

discs_thumb.jpg

Great feedback and score.  I had to work 30 hours straight from Friday morning.  So, my gaming day today was lost.  I am way to tired to play.  Maybe early tomorrow?  Sundays are pretty tight for time. :(

9 hours ago, crade said:

Which rom was this with? The first one I sent you or the patched one?

If anyone wants their money back, please let me know. Sorry for all the issues with the game.

1 hour ago, intvdave said:

Which rom was this with? The first one I sent you or the patched one?

If anyone wants their money back, please let me know. Sorry for all the issues with the game.

So the issue with the guys no longer respawning and the recognizer hang I had with both roms the issue with the recognizer splitting in two I have only seen with the new one.  I certainly don't want my money back I'm having a blast with it.

• Like 1

Another possible hint about the recognizer crash..  This time what happened is that the recognizer started to come out, and the timer for the recognizer appears to have triggered a second time, the recognizer partially "derezed" (in the same manner that the guys do, but only half of it did) and entirely disappeared and another recognizer started coming out and then it was garbled in two separate pieces and hung partway through closing the doors

On 1/8/2022 at 11:41 PM, intvdave said:

Side note. I did post on my website that the game has bugs. It is either I pull the game from being sold or people but at their own risk. Sorry again.

Are you kidding??  I'll take it with the bugs and all!  It's a ton of fun to play.  I like this version so much better than the original.  It looks right, plays great and is a lot more challenging than it was before.

Great job!!

Now.. a suggestion was made for a Super Pro version of Space Armada... what do you think?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, intvdave said:

The game itself is just a variant. We will also need a box for Solar Sailer :)

No problem.  I'll get one done for you using the original.  A lot of people that use RetroPie like to have Box Art for images, rather than just screenshots.  So it's good to have something, even though it's not the actual printed box. You're free to do what you want with my artwork BTW... 

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, intvdave said:

Thanks! I was half kidding though. I do not know if/when I will get around to releasing it. I am focused on other games right now.

No worries.  Just let me know.  In the meantime, I'll play around with the rest of them using a Black border for your color.  Suits the graphics really well.  Just let me know if you want it as "Tron" first, or "Tron" last like I have it now.  I did it that way based on the title-screen, and that it shows it's been altered from original.

Here's one for Maze-A-Tron...

maze-a-tron reload.jpg

Edited by IMBerzerk
Updated pic - cut off some of the left side.
  • Like 4