IGNORED

Microvaders for Atari Lynx

Songbird

I only wanted to use up the last bit of materials from the run, and thought a few more fans might enjoy getting these carts. The "50 units" is marked off the remaining stickers to easily distinguish it from the original run, and these last few carts do not qualify for the original perks. If that's not satisfactory, then I am willing to pull the last 7 carts off the site and I'll figure out a way to repurpose them later.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Songbird said:

I only wanted to use up the last bit of materials from the run, and thought a few more fans might enjoy getting these carts. The "50 units" is marked off the remaining stickers to easily distinguish it from the original run, and these last few carts do not qualify for the original perks. If that's not satisfactory, then I am willing to pull the last 7 carts off the site and I'll figure out a way to repurpose them later.

Hey Carl, i over-reacted a bit and i'm sorry!

I'm a BIG fan of what you do for the Atari Community and it's your game so you can do whatever you like with it!

I just assumed it was going to be a firm 50. (with maybe 1 or 2 spares for lost in the mail)

Please feel free to sell more if you can!

All the best

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Songbird said:

It's been too long since I posted an update. I blame holidays, vacations, work, and family. Scratch that, I only blame myself. :D 

What do you think of the new corvette enemy and movement patterns?

image.thumb.gif.da9d34b12b6e9fc0ce7533984ee644bf.gif

The pixel art is absolutely lovely, it feels like there could actually be a tiny alien in the cockpit =]

Looking at those, it made me realise how far the enemy size could matter in such game, when it comes to the probability to miss a shot.

The pattern is great because no matter how long you look at it, it still feels unpredictable, somehow.

Which type of projectile do you have in mind? Homing or not?

Edited by xhul
  • Like 3

The screenshot shows the enemies in the middle range of their movement. Check the animation to see how high they get. And of course, different enemies will present different challenges. Plus the farther away the enemies are, the longer it takes for your bullets to reach them. It's a trade-off.

As an example of different challenges, here's an earlier screenshot from the asteroid wave. :)

image.png.c05b43b1db0667910aeb54c486f11d96.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've noticed something, though it's not a bug per say.
It's about the key input detection code used during the title screen, as well as the following screen.
It's obviously first checking for a key press, then enters a loop until the key is released, before proceeding.
The mini-issue is that the "wait for key release" loop freezes the music, so you end up with a never ending note, as long as you keep the key pressed.
Not a big deal, but i thought i'd let you know, in case you weren't aware of it.
Sorry in advance if it has already been reported, or fixed in the current version.
Cheers =]

• Like 3