IGNORED

HSC18 Round 22: THE GREAT AMERICAN CROSS COUNTRY ROAD RACE

11 hours ago, carlsson said:

Yes, but on some stages the radar warning turns on almost immediately so there is almost no chance to reach 240 mph before you reach the cop. In that case it probably is better to coast around 60-65 mph. It is a calculation of how many seconds of penalty you get for speeding vs the time you lose by driving slow.

You can stay fast until you see the cops then pass them at 60mph (is it faster 65?) to scroll them off.

Had a great go on SF-WA 19:35 (156mph)

2112593367_TGACCRRSF-WAIII.jpg.42cc793a26d22cc902da5c07ffa6b5ff.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tompateus said:

Improvment on San Francisco to Washington 19.38 (156 mph)

(3 sek. after trbb ?)

:ahoy:getting tougher to make improvements but here are a couple...

LA-NY 18:00 153mph and SE-MI 21:50 156mph

Photo3813.jpg.e699c5604d6c3b50005a032757c67670.jpgPhoto3814.jpg.e6fbf718f8576e21d4f9982b15eff512.jpg

PLEASE ALL REMEMBER THE 10PM DEADLINE (UK TIME) THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS IF YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOUR POST TO SAY YOU NEED ANOTHER 30 MINS ETC THANK YOU!

• Like 2

We'll it's all over and some serious racing was had by all :thumbsup: I (trbb!) took the win on the three shorter races with Captain Chaos (8BIT 1337 as we know him in HSC land) with the best U.S. Tour time :thumbsup:

>>>TGACCRR Final tables<<<

I'll update the Current Standings for Season 18 next then we can start up season 19 in the morning!!

Big thanks for playing EVERYONE :thumbsup:

;)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, McKong said:

Thanks all. Another game that I didn't really like at first but grew on me. Unfortunately I didn't really have time to give it the attention it required

Yes sorry McKong I figured I'd give everyone a chance at a lot of points here, it's a good game but need to get into the zone where you drive more steadily in traffic so you don't end up getting frustrated and just going faster and crashing more. I'm going to review it for the next Pro(c) Atari Magazine.

2 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Yes sorry McKong I figured I'd give everyone a chance at a lot of points here, it's a good game but need to get into the zone where you drive more steadily in traffic so you don't end up getting frustrated and just going faster and crashing more. I'm going to review it for the next Pro(c) Atari Magazine.

No problem, I was ok with the game and the scoring. Happy to see lots of people playing, that's the important thing

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 10:18 AM, therealbountybob said:

@8BIT 1337
Had a thought - maybe you can copy the disk to an ATR ignoring bad sectors then mount it after loading and see if it functions as a scores disk (it won't boot but that doesn't matter) :idea:

That is an interesting idea - thank you.

I ordered a Happy upgrade for a 1050 drive so I'm going to try that first once it shows up.  But if that fails you can be sure I will try this, assuming I don't try it before hand  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 8BIT 1337 said:

That is an interesting idea - thank you.

I ordered a Happy upgrade for a 1050 drive so I'm going to try that first once it shows up.  But if that fails you can be sure I will try this, assuming I don't try it before hand  :)

Should work as it says you can save scores to a blank (formatted) atari disk, could even do that on 1050, then see what sectors they go to then manually edit it the data on the emulator/ATR. Full of ideas me :-D