IGNORED

The Atari Report will cease operations March 1st.

BIGHMW

11 hours ago, atarian1 said:

I don't understand what you mean by "never really being a part of the community?" I consider creating content as contributing to the community. Not everyone has time to type out messages on forums. Am I missing something here?

What's not to understand?
If you're just going to dump a Youtube link as a response, that's just advertising.  The purpose of a forum is to converse.  Chat.  Share ideas.  That kind of thing.

And I'm not singling you out.  The Santa Claus fellow reference is someone else, lol! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, jhd said:

Um, no. She is about 25 years older than me. :roll:

She also released significantly more than 3 albums. 

Hell it was worth a shot. ???‍♂️

OK my next guesses are Vanity or Avril Lavigne 

Edited by RJ

9 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

What's not to understand?
If you're just going to dump a Youtube link as a response, that's just advertising.  The purpose of a forum is to converse.  Chat.  Share ideas.  That kind of thing.

And I'm not singling you out.  The Santa Claus fellow reference is someone else, lol! 

If you are talking about the topic/thread that I think you are referring to, I don't see what he did wrong. He started a new topic/thread to announce his new video that he made. What is the problem with that? It's one thing to drop a random link to a video in an existing topic/thread that isn't related to it. Starting a new topic/thread to announce your new YouTube video that you made? I don't see an issue with that.

If those are the rules here, then there a good number of YouTubers and podcasters breaking the rules here.

Edited by atarian1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leonard Smith said:

Just put them both on ignore.  

No need to deal with whiney 'content producers' lol

Maybe you can compose a video collecting your thoughts and post a link here?  Don't forget to hit that subscribe bell, click like, and maybe even join my patreon!!!  Tell 'em Shindy Marolish shent ya.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In the beginning was arpanet, and darkness was upon the face of the web. And on the first day came email, and it was good. And on the second day came nntp, and it was pretty awful. And on the third day trolls began to infest it. And on the fourth day God created the killfile, and he beheld it and said it was good. And then from day five on until Facebook came along the internet was pretty okay.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

In the beginning was arpanet, and darkness was upon the face of the web. And on the first day came email, and it was good. And on the second day came nntp, and it was pretty awful. And on the third day trolls began to infest it. And on the fourth day God created the killfile, and he beheld it and said it was good. And then from day five on until Facebook came along the internet was pretty okay.

I disagree. AOL getting connected to the internet was a dark day. It was a noticeable and permanent degradation to what was the internet at that time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, john_q_atari said:

I disagree. AOL getting connected to the internet was a dark day. It was a noticeable and permanent degradation to what was the internet at that time.

I agree but, um, I was one of the AOL kiddies… (WebTV was worse quality but lower quantity.)

37 minutes ago, Keatah said:

Well I liked America Online. It handheld me while getting on the internet. A great tutorial and easy to use. It worked and came with an understandable user interface. Also shielded me from those unix assholes that proclaimed to know everything.

It just ruined Usenet, which was the best (and some of the worst) that the internet ever got so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1