IGNORED

Space Invaders Collection is finally here!!!!!

opcode

After so much time in making, it's finally here: SIC, finished and ready to ship. :D:D:D8)

Just check these rough pictures.

Space Invaders Collection game package consists of:

- Games: Two faithful arcade conversions: Space Invaders and Space Invaders Part II. An useful Options screen allows you to select between several different screen types, US/Japanese versions and arcade settings.

- Cartridge: The game cartridge is made of brand new 32KB EPROM and a circuit board featuring gold plated contacts. Graphic artist Dale Crum (Ataricart) designed the label, which is offset printed and plastic coated. First batch of cartridges is assembled from recycled Coleco cases, but future runs (starting late October) will use custom cases featuring a nice high relief Opcode logo engraved in the back (picture shows cartridge made of recycled case).

- Manual: Jess Ragan (JessCREATIONS*) wrote the vibrant 16 pages full color manual, which is also offset printed. Dale Crum was responsible for the stunning artwork. (see picture)

- Box: Dale Crum designed and illustrated the full color, offset printed and durable cardboard box. (see picture)

kit.jpg

cover.jpg

cart_manual.jpg

I will issue an official press release tomorrow, as well as post more pictures, and will start to contact pre-orders about shipping and payment.

Hope you like. :)

Eduardo Mello

Geez, how much for the whole package?  The whole thing looks so damned nice (plus playing the preview at PC4), I may have to actually pick up a Colecovision after all these years.

Just $25, though I still need to check the exact shipping price today...

Opcode

Ok, click here for the official press release.

I am still accepting reservation requests for SIC's second run. Just send email to eduardo@opcodegames.com

Finally, all SIC copies are individually numbered and copy #1 is going to eBay. I will post the link here soon.

Opcode

Eduardo,

The game looks great. Space Invaders is the first arcade game that I can ever remember playing. Please let me know when to pay. I know that you said that last time you had trouble getting through to my email. If you still have trouble, please send me a private message on here.

Thanks,

Sean

Woa!!

É isso aê Edu!!! Meus parabéns!! Agora é que você fica milionário de vez!! Hua hau hua!! Boa sorte na sua distribuição. E realmente: o conjunto todo ficou muito show!!!

Hehe!! :D

Valeu Contieri!

Agora, ficar milionário... ;)

Eduardo Mello

I don't think you're gonna be a millionaire any time soon but one can dream.  :D

Ooops! People here knows Portuguese!!!

Hey Contieri, better be carefull and don't talk openly about The Master Plan in this forum.... :D

Eduardo Mello

Hi!

Wow! I am really pleased to say SIC is a big success. I want to thank everybody here for supporting me and making this release possible! ;)

Taking the chance, several people has asked about the copy number in first version. Let me clarify:

All SIC copies will be numbered, not just the first run. The number is burned into the game EPROM and there is a way to display it on screen. Just press "0" on the second controller keypad while in the main selection screen. There aren't two copies with the same number.

Opcode

I shipped the 10th copy of SIC today. So far all copies were sent to early pre-orders, ( the 25th and bellow).

I was expecting pre-orders were going to wait till second edition, to get the new cases, but it seems everyone wants to play SIC asap. 8)

Well, it means the chances of pre-orders above the 25th slot getting a first run copy are slim now...

Opcode

Ok, 10 more copies shipped today. Two more and SIC first edition is sold out. The good news is second edition would be coming sooner than expected. The injection mold necessary for producing new cases is almost finished and I am planning a few more surprises.... :D

I take the opportunity to apologize if communication is being slow. It's just I am not being able to keep up with all emails and production/delivery tasks I am currently facing.... :sad:

Opcode

The good news is second edition would be coming sooner than expected. The injection mold necessary for producing new cases is almost finished and I am planning a few more surprises.... :D

WHAT :!: :?: :o

You mean the second edition gets extras the first edition didn't get. Maybe next time I'll wait for the second edition :roll: