IGNORED

Space Invaders Collection is finally here!!!!!

opcode

It really is outstanding. I don't mean to gush all day and night over it but by God this is a "killer app" for Coleco, far more than the S.I. on 2600 ever was. In fact it not only makes that one look piss poor by comparison, it downright s#%ts all over it. Even the title screen is a work of art. Maybe the S.I. fad was dead by the time Coleco came around, I don't know, but I'd like to think if this came out way back when and the abortion called ADAM had never existed, Coleco would be as revered today as Atari and INTV are (and it's a shame it's not).

Pac Plus on any console would be outstanding (I still don't get why it's not on any Namco Museum or Anthology ever made)

And also I dont get why there's no arcade perfectJr.Pac-Man,Pac&Pac,or even Baby Pac-Man (with the pinball part simulated)on any Namco collections?Whats up with that? :?:

.....but I'd like to think if this came out way back when and the abortion called ADAM had never existed, Coleco would be as revered today as Atari and INTV are (and it's a shame it's not).

MegaManFan... a little off topic but why don't you like the Adam? Just curious because I've thought of buying one and playing around with it. I've heard its display is much cleaner and better than the Colecovision.

Just curious as to why you don't like it.

Thanks!

Mendon

I guess I can't say I have personal experience, but from reading Leonard Herman's book about the mishaps and screw-ups in making it, plus it's role in Atari losing the Nintendo deal, on top of the fact I witnessed a guy win one in a raffle at a CGE auction and then GIVE IT BACK saying he didn't want it convinces me the thing is a Cabbage Patch Kid that Coleco should never have given birth to. They had a runaway train with ColecoVision, but the ADAM derailed it (IMHO).

I am back!! After two weeks away to anything related to Opcode Games, I am back again. I have a new job now, and a new powerfull notebook too. :D

Ok, back to work... :)

I can't wait til the Pac-Man collection (any chance of programming Pac-Man Plus into it?The first console version I believe..if its possible..)!If thats sells well,maybe a sequel (ahh Jr.Pac,Super Pac on Colecovision........)

Jess Ragan had already suggested me to include PM Plus, but I still need to eval how much difference there would be between it and the original one. So it's a possibility for now...

Tomorrow I will check that new cases. It seems like the mold is finished but I need to double check everything.

Also, I got a second allotment of boxes this week.

Eduardo Mello

Pac Plus on any console would be outstanding (I still don't get why it's not on any Namco Museum or Anthology ever made)

And also I dont get why there's no arcade perfectJr.Pac-Man,Pac&Pac,or even Baby Pac-Man (with the pinball part simulated)on any Namco collections?Whats up with that? :?:

You should thank your lucky stars that you even have Ms. Pac-Man, dude. Most of the games you'd listed and Ms. Pac-Man weren't designed or even authorized by Namco... when Midway bought the US rights to the Pac-Man series, they thought it gave them the right to make their own sequels.

Ms. Pac-Man was one such game... it was a hack of the original Pac-Man created by General Computer Corporation (who later went on to design many Atari games and the 7800 game system). I doubt Namco even knew Midway was planning to make Ms. Pac-Man until it was actually released in arcades. Midway continued to jack Namco around until they became sick of the abuse and licensed their games to Atari instead. Eventually, Namco became so well known that they were able to release their own games in the United States, and had complete control over their localizations.

JR

But that was money in Namco's pocket.Ms.Pac-Man went on to be huge (and it was included in countless Museum ports,although there were slight differences..sound effect,ghoust behavier).A question I have is,if Namco went ahead and ported those games I mention to another classics collection,would any of the Midway programmers have any say-so about using their program.What would be a ruling on that?

Just got back from a 3 day trek in the wilds of the PacNW. Came home to a fantastic treat! SI for the CV had arrived (albeit, the boxed got a little "smushed", but it plays just fine). My pack is still sitting all stinky and wet in the garage, 'cause I had to play this gem before I went to bed. My oh my... it is nice. It is clear that alot of love went into the development of this game. Only a devoted fan could've done a job this well. Tommorow after work, I will play more.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I must shower :)

-Lee

Hi!

Finally! The first sample pictures of my new ColecoVision cases.

The colors aren't final (final will be black, though Red Invader is a definitive option), the Opcode logo isn't there yet and there are a few tweaks to be done before actual production start. But overall I think it was crafted nicely.

post-1432-1064766495_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1064766496_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1064766497_thumb.jpg

The ADAM got a bad rep because it's early tape drives were prone to malfunction. They later fixed it but now it had that rep. If you bought a disk drive for it, it was a non-issue. The ADAM was/is a cool and powerful computer. Don't just take the word of someone whose never used one. Look around on the net for ADAM pages or go to ecoleco.com and look at some of the many items available for it. It does have a monitor/AV outs built into the standalone version. I don't know about the version that plugs into the CV. It seem it's like the Jaguar or 32X in that some think it's trendy to rag on it even though they never owned one, used one or knew anyone who had one. I had one back in the day and though it never had the software support of the C64(I wish) we still managed to have a lot of fun with it and have good memories of it. There's several cool public domain Coleco releases for the ADAM and those arcade Super games are great. Those arcade super gmaes were originally programmed for the unreleased CV super game module.

Opcode,

It would be cool if you could put in the Pac Man arcade monitor bezel artwork on the sides of the screen where there is just black blank space, like in MAME.

Pac-Man is a vertical monitor game and the CV screen isn't tall enought to correctly emulate it. So the game will be scaled down 3/4, like the PS Mamco Museum version. But the CV screen has even fewer scanlines than the PS, so the score display will be moved to the right side of the screen, like SIC. This way there won't be blank spaces to fill. But don't worry because the Japanese artwork will do their way to the opening screen (the US artwork could show up in the manual, but I still find it too ugly to deserve any apparence at all).

Just got back from a 3 day trek in the wilds of the PacNW. Came home to a fantastic treat! SI for the CV had arrived (albeit, the boxed got a little "smushed", but it plays just fine). My pack is still sitting all stinky and wet in the garage, 'cause I had to play this gem before I went to bed. My oh my... it is nice. It is clear that alot of love went into the development of this game. Only a devoted fan could've done a job this well. Tommorow after work, I will play more.

Thanks for all compliments, guys.

Lee, if your box got damaged, I could send you a new one. Please let me know.

I am now paying more attention to packaging in order to minimize risk of damage to shipped game. I am sorry if some packages got crushed. I will do the possible to replace any damaged item.

Opcode

"Opcode,

It would be cool if you could put in the Pac Man arcade monitor bezel artwork on the sides of the screen where there is just black blank space, like in MAME."

Don't you think that's a bit of a tall request? The ColecoVision only has sixteen colors, and they're not even attractive colors. That bezel artwork would look just terrible on the system unless it was heavily simplified. Frankly, I think it would be a waste of system resources that could be better put toward new game modes and options.

People need to have more faith in Opcode and trust his judgment. He knows what he's doing... Space Invaders Collection is proof enough of that. :D

JR

What's wrong with the colors? All you would need is blue, black, white and yellow. I think the CV can do that. I don't know how hard it would be just digitize the artwork/jpeg into low CV res. They have programs to do this I believe. It would just give it it that added arcade look. Like your really looking at an arcade monitor.

"Opcode,  

It would be cool if you could put in the Pac Man arcade monitor bezel artwork on the sides of the screen where there is just black blank space, like in MAME."

Don't you think that's a bit of a tall request?  The ColecoVision only has sixteen colors, and they're not even attractive colors.  That bezel artwork would look just terrible on the system unless it was heavily simplified.  Frankly, I think it would be a waste of system resources that could be better put toward new game modes and options.

People need to have more faith in Opcode and trust his judgment.  He knows what he's doing... Space Invaders Collection is proof enough of that. :D

JR

To be honest I haven't implemented it yet but I still think it is perfectly possible. The Japanese bezel artwork is very cartoonish and use few colors so I don't see any problem. Just check the PS Namco museum version bellow. Again, I am planning to use bits of it in the intro screen, not as a simulated bezel in the actual game.

Opcode

post-1432-1064842643_thumb.jpg