IGNORED

Space Invaders Collection is finally here!!!!!

opcode

The good news is second edition would be coming sooner than expected. The injection mold necessary for producing new cases is almost finished and I am planning a few more surprises.... :D

WHAT :!: :?: :o

You mean the second edition gets extras the first edition didn't get. Maybe next time I'll wait for the second edition :roll:

Ooops! Maybe that was a bad idea...

It seems difficult to please everybody. Pre-orders are complaining they weren't able to grab a first edition copy. So I had thought about someway to compensate for this. To be honest I had never thought pre-orders would seek 1st edition so desperately, since 2nd edition was going to use new custom cases.

I don't know if it is a good time to say that but, first edition missed a planned feature: the Opcode holographic sticker outside the box. The reason? I was out of money! :sad: Production costs for SIC has reached $4000 and going up. But it's possible now, thanks to the huge success of the game. My plans were to introduce it with second edition and Deluxe edition (and any future title).

Ok, lets do this way: I can send a free sticker for every 1st edition buyer, so it isn't a issue anymore... :D

Eduardo Mello

It seems difficult to please everybody. Pre-orders are complaining they weren't able to grab a first edition copy. So I had thought about someway to compensate for this. To be honest I had never thought pre-orders would seek 1st edition so desperately' date=' since 2nd edition was going to use new custom cases.

[/quote']

If we didn't receive a Paypal invoice from you, are we on for the second edition?

It seems difficult to please everybody. Pre-orders are complaining they weren't able to grab a first edition copy. So I had thought about someway to compensate for this. To be honest I had never thought pre-orders would seek 1st edition so desperately' date=' since 2nd edition was going to use new custom cases.

[/quote']

If we didn't receive a Paypal invoice from you, are we on for the second edition?

Hi!

I did understand you wanted a 2nd edition copy, but I am seeing now maybe I was wrong. If it's the case, please let me know.

About the invoice, that's correct. Just to make things a little more public, so far I was able to fulfill reservations up to the 33th pre-order. And there are still 2 unconfirmed pre-orders. If they don't reply me till this weekend I will contact the next two in my list.

Eduardo Mello

Opcode

[/quote']

Hi!

I did understand you wanted a 2nd edition copy, but I am seeing now maybe I was wrong. If it's the case, please let me know.

About the invoice, that's correct. Just to make things a little more public, so far I was able to fulfill reservations up to the 33th pre-order. And there are still 2 unconfirmed pre-orders. If they don't reply me till this weekend I will contact the next two in my list.

Eduardo Mello

Opcode

I had originally asked for 2nd edition, then switch to 1st edition, but I'm fine waiting for the 2nd edition now that I know what is included with it. I don't even have a working CV at the moment :)

Let me be the first to say as a 1st edition, pre-order purchaser who paid up this week, I really don't give a sh#t if it comes with a sticker or a custom case or not. If it does, great. If not, so what? What I want is the SIC itself. Everything else will either be on display if I have room or go into storage somewhere, that's it. The game on the other hand will be in constant rotation in my CV any time guests come over, as will PMC when it's done. ;)

Let me be the first to say as a 1st edition' date=' pre-order purchaser who paid up this week, I really don't give a sh#t if it comes with a sticker or a custom case or not. If it does, great. If not, so what? What I want is the SIC itself.[/quote']

I'm not too much different, myself. I want the game. The other stuff just represents a nice bonus for me.

Opcode:

In other words, the packaging and stuff is nice, but I'm more interested in seeing the results of your programming skills. :) I'm sure that they are far more impressive than a sticker would be.

Let me be the first to say as a 1st edition, pre-order purchaser who paid up this week, I really don't give a sh#t if it comes with a sticker or a custom case or not.  If it does, great.  If not, so what?  What I want is the SIC itself.

I'm not too much different, myself. I want the game. The other stuff just represents a nice bonus for me.

Opcode:

In other words, the packaging and stuff is nice, but I'm more interested in seeing the results of your programming skills. :) I'm sure that they are far more impressive than a sticker would be.

A good thing for me that I have this attitude, too. Hopefully, no one else recieves their's in the condition I did. ... The SIC box itself was only slightly crushed, but have a look at the one that it was mailed in.

post-2695-1063926477_thumb.jpg

A good thing for me that I have this attitude, too. Hopefully, no one else recieves their's in the condition I did. ... The SIC box itself was only slightly crushed, but have a look at the one that it was mailed in.

Ouch!!! I can't believe it!!!! That box was brand new when I send you! :x F***** postal service! :x :x :x

Ok, no need to panic. Let me see... I can send you a new box. Maybe I could send it through Albert or Joe (I don't know if you live near them).

Well, I think Albert is right. I need to find a more durable way to send things to the US. Maybe if I place a small box inside a larger one...

This a really sad... :sad:

Well Charles, please let me know if you are going to meet Albert or Joe shortly. Otherwise I can send you a new box directly.

I am sorry about this incident. :sad:

Eduardo Mello

Ouch!!! I can't believe it!!!! That box was brand new when I send you!  :x  F***** postal service!  :x  :x  :x  

Ok, no need to panic. Let me see... I can send you a new box. Maybe I could send it through Albert or Joe (I don't know if you live near them).

Well, I think Albert is right. I need to find a more durable way to send things to the US. Maybe if I place a small box inside a larger one...

This a really sad...  :sad:  

Well Charles, please let me know if you are going to meet Albert or Joe shortly. Otherwise I can send you a new box directly.

I am sorry about this incident.  :sad:  

Eduardo Mello

No need. It was only my intent to make yoiu aware that this sort of thing was happening. For me, the box is no big deal. I LOVE :love: the cartridge! It is, by far, the best version of the game that I own.

No need. It was only my intent to make yoiu aware that this sort of thing was happening.  For me, the box is no big deal. I LOVE :love:  the cartridge!  It is, by far, the best version of the game that I own.

I agree, Eduardo did an amazing job! Truly amazing to see how well he managed to simulate three versions of Space Invaders, right down to the near-perfect audio. :)

..Al

I got mine today after it was held at my local post office over the weekend.

The packaging is great. It looks as if I would have pulled this off a shelf some 20+ years ago. I also saw I was in the "thank you's" 8)

Now I just have to get a Colecovision so I can play it. Anyone want to trade a Colecovision for an Atari 5200?

I know I'll get ridiculed for that question but I already have an A8 so I don't really need a 5200.

Just wanted to say i got my SIC today, and wow. I mean, it's really done well. The box, cart, manual, and most importantly the game are all great. I just want to say thanks to Eduardo for doing this, and that I can't wait to get the pacman collection when he gets it all together.

Thanks again,

Brad

Mine "supposedly" came today but they just left a note saying "sorry we missed you". This was over lunch and I WAS home during lunch (the note wasn't there when I first came home) :x Dumb ass never thought to ring the doorbell.

Oh well.. now I guess I have to drive to the Post office to pick it up.. :roll: looking forward to it though :)

Got mine the other day. It looks awesome! Thanks Eduardo.

I have yet to 'pop it in' my Colecovision.. matter o' fact I still have to find out where I stashed that power supply :ponder: but I will do it eventually. I was lucky enough to try out a beta earlier and I KNOW already how awesome it is :)

Anyone else as blown away as me on this? Can you imagine how it would've been if this thing was released back in the day? I mean what we have here is not only the actual arcade code, but the arcade code utilized, ported and tweaked just enough for the system. Heck, I think it's revolutionary (I can't think of anything else like it!). And of course to me the big deal is FINALLY seeing Space Invaders part 2 hit a home console. I remember as a kid, thinking about that very possibility and even then knowing it would probably never happen.

Thanks again dude. This product is too cool for words :D