IGNORED

Another 810 Archiver Question.

Larry

According to the installation docs, the 810 Archiver (Chip) reads the opening code from sector $2D0 of the disk.  It compares that to the code in the rom, and if it is the same, then the Archiver/Editor software becomes functional.  So that would mean that if you downloaded an Archiver disk image from the internet, then the correct opening code must be written to $2D0.  Is that correct?  Which bytes need to be written?

I don't have one -- yet.  My only experience is with the Happy Archivers.  For them, no code is necessary, since there is no Archiver rom.  But I still am not sure that I understand... you have to enter the code each time that you want to use the Archiver software?  Or?

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

I don't have one -- yet.  My only experience is with the Happy Archivers.  For them, no code is necessary, since there is no Archiver rom.  But I still am not sure that I understand... you have to enter the code each time that you want to use the Archiver software?  Or?

For the original CHIP, yes. You have either to enter the code each time you run the Archiver software. Or either power up the 810 drive with the Archiver disk.

For the Happy chip emulator, no. The chip emulator starts as already opened, there is no need to enter any open code. This is true both for the Happy 810 and the Happy 1050.