IGNORED

Harmony Cartridge & the Atari 7800

ColecoGamer

Just a quick question (mostly amateur in nature, so I apologize in advance): can I use the Harmony Cartridge to play 7800 roms on the Atari 7800, or is there something else?

I would like to play some of the WIP that’s being posted in the 7800 forums. 

I searched the boards here for an alternative (if one exists), but I came up empty-handed.

Not knowing if a Harmony Cart equivalent exists (or knowing what its called, if, again, it does exist) is probably why I can’t find anything . (It may not exist, which is why I can’t find anything).

Again, I apologize for such a noobish question. Thank you for reading my post and responding!

I don't know if Harmony works on the 7800, if it does, it would only be for 2600 binaries.

If you want to play 7800 binaries then the current options that you have are Concerto & Dragonfly. A third option is in development (GameDrive 7800) but I think that's a little while away yet.

You can find out about Dragonfly HERE

You can find out about Concerto HERE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2022 at 9:46 PM, Dopy25 said:

Just here to confirm that a Harmony works fine on a 7800, but only for 2600 games.

I bought a second hand harmony cart on ebay after a bidding action for under $70 bucks,i just can’t wait uNtill i will recieve mine and put some homebrew games on it such as donkeykong and pac man wich will put those official 2600 versions of them into a pure shame, i also would try the supercharger version of frogger but i need to have the rom of it in data form rather then in a audio wave form format but for what i know it’s possible to convert those wave file roms into actual roms with a certain convertor in case i  can’t find the data rom version of it,either way the harmony will allow you to play hardware pushing games on it as well,that’s also the main reason why i bought the harmony cart?

On 6/13/2022 at 12:49 PM, johannesmutlu said:

I bought a second hand harmony cart on ebay after a bidding action for under $70 bucks,i just can’t wait uNtill i will recieve mine and put some homebrew games on it such as donkeykong and pac man wich will put those official 2600 versions of them into a pure shame, i also would try the supercharger version of frogger but i need to have the rom of it in data form rather then in a audio wave form format but for what i know it’s possible to convert those wave file roms into actual roms with a certain convertor in case i  can’t find the data rom version of it,either way the harmony will allow you to play hardware pushing games on it as well,that’s also the main reason why i bought the harmony cart?

This is really the wrong thread and forum for your post, but all the files you need can be found hereincluding Supercharger games.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 10:59 PM, DrVenkman said:

This is really the wrong thread and forum for your post, but all the files you need can be found hereincluding Supercharger games.

Hi, i checked the whole linked site you mentioned but so far i could not find any supercharger games,BUT i did found those games trough a painful google search

BUT i did downloaded that multi rom file on that linked site BUT once i tryed to load that file harmony doesn’t recognize that file,probably because it’s in rara format wich i even couldn’t decompress either so i gave up on it,BUT still thanks alot for it all anyway,

And am glad i did put some amezing hardware pushing games on the harmony cart,more to come,

also unlike other flashcard devices i didn’t had to install a firmware on it as it was already installed beforehand on it eventrough it can be updated trough usb?

Edited by johannesmutlu

2 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

Hi, i checked the whole linked site you mentioned but so far i could not find any supercharger games,BUT i did found those games trough a painful google search

The link I provided is to Rom Hunter's Collection. Download it, extract it, marvel at it. It has every known released Atari 2600 game sorted alphabetically and again by publisher. All the Supercharger games are there. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

The link I provided is to Rom Hunter's Collection. Download it, extract it, marvel at it. It has every known released Atari 2600 game sorted alphabetically and again by publisher. All the Supercharger games are there. 

But how do i extract them? I cannot unzip them,so how do i extract it? 
trough special software? 
thx alot.

4 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

But how do i extract them? I cannot unzip them,so how do i extract it? 
trough special software? 
thx alot.

It’s a RAR archive if I recall, nothing fancy. Either 7-Zip (my choice) or WinZIP can open and extract the archive.

• Like 1