IGNORED

Anyone else not get Switch Online?

Rick Dangerous

I'm contemplating it now with the release of the gameboy emulation.  Really I have no desire to pick up my Nintnendo switch and replay old games Ive been emulating for 20 years or more.  The cloud save functionality is really the only interest that I have, and even then it wont break me if I lose any of my saves.  These are games after all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I personally don’t get the point why nintendo focusses sooo much on their switch online service since they could just release a N64 classic mini and a gameboy/color classic mini with those games on it instead just like what they did with the nes & snes classic mini,BUT my biggest complain is that there are so many single player games from whether nintendo system on their online service,why forcing players  to be online just to be able to play that wanted single player game???

i know that a second player could watch and give hints to the first playee at what to do and were to go but what’s so fun about it?, if i was nintendo,i would only put multi player games from their old systems on their online service and i would,ve hacked each game sothat you could only play with other players and not single,i just don’t get the point why i ever want to go single player online,maybe the share my high scores with other But that’s it,

why would i ever want to pay a month fee just to play games online wich i cannot download,i rather want to buy & download those games instead.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

They're not forcing you to be online you dolt.  You only have to check in every 2 weeks to the service, and that's just so you can confirm with the service you have an active subscription to their plan to gain access.  They're not pulling some Ubisoft scam where you're online or nothing works at all.  Stop whining.  They focus on the service as it's quite profitable and the fans enjoy it...which seemingly you aren't, or are just very angry and confused.

I'm glad to see you're starting to use something other than commas, now learn the use of a period beyond the end of a post.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Tanooki said:

They're not forcing you to be online you dolt.  You only have to check in every 2 weeks to the service, and that's just so you can confirm with the service you have an active subscription to their plan to gain access.  They're not pulling some Ubisoft scam where you're online or nothing works at all.  Stop whining.  They focus on the service as it's quite profitable and the fans enjoy it...which seemingly you aren't, or are just very angry and confused.

I'm glad to see you're starting to use something other than commas, now learn the use of a period beyond the end of a post.

Well i wonder how many people do like to play supermario 64 online over the supermario 3D allstars version were that game was included in with 2 other 3D mario games and if they do see any benefit of it,

but if i was nintendo,they should come with a N64 classic mini and then we can talk.

• Confused 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had the online sub for a year but I never renewed it as it wasn't getting much use.  I'd rather pick up the Arcade Archives versions of the classic games and all the collections they've released.  

My Switch has become a great little personal arcade unit!  The Switch and my Evercade have plenty of Arcade fun!  I'm having a blast with the two systems!