Jump to content
IGNORED

Onyx All In Bundle only $99.99 on GameStop


The Historian
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Wow, that's nuts. Definitely clearing out their Onyx stock at least.

I believe that was the only version of the console that GameStop sold. And now they're all gone. Quite the deal, especially for those who want a capable mini-PC and plan to add RAM, Windows, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I picked up the Onyx console-only version a week ago for $149.99.   Crazy they sold the All-In bundle for 99.99, not sure if I would have bought one in time since the others sold out quick.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had one in my shopping cart this morning but talked myself out of it before leaving for work. :lol:

 

I didn't mind the 7800 with 5 games for $29.99 or the Jaguar for $24.99.  They had a game library and are still useable decades later.  This one just seems to have the potential of becoming a brick.

 

Maybe I'll bite if it comes up again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

after chatting with best buy forever they told me they couldnt price match it and buy it from gamestop. (so,they didnt notice it was sold out I guess) Anyways, I asked why it was not eligible for the price match guarantee and this is what he said...

Capture.PNG

Edited by Slikatel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Turbo-Torch said:

Had one in my shopping cart this morning but talked myself out of it before leaving for work. :lol:

 

I didn't mind the 7800 with 5 games for $29.99 or the Jaguar for $24.99.  They had a game library and are still useable decades later.  This one just seems to have the potential of becoming a brick.

 

Maybe I'll bite if it comes up again.

what are you talking about? Please explain how it has the potential of becoming a brick. Is that just something you read somewhere else?

 

It will still be usable decades later. Your misinformed joke or rather your lack of knowledge on what the VCS actually is is hilarious. You think it's just a streaming box that requires the internet to do anything at all don't you?

 

I have the VCS upgraded with the maximum RAM and it emulates the following flawlessly in PC mode:

 

Nintendo Wii U (Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze Play them a lot!)

Nintendo Wii

Nintendo Gamecube

Playstation 2

Dreamcast

SNES

GENESIS

Playstation 1

Nintendo 64

Atari 7800

Atari 2600

Atari Jaguar

MAME

GBA

(I'm sure it can do others as well)

 

OK now that the PC side of emulation is out of the way, it is a PC too so it can play PC games. Doom Eternal runs at 60FPS with the maximum RAM upgrade.

 

As for Atari Mode:

The Recharged series of games is available for download.... which means it will always be available to play on your console even years later when the servers are taken down, as well as all of the other games that you purchase from the Atari store which average at about $9 a pop.

 

Antstream Arcade is available for all consoles but it has unique features specific to the VCS in the VCS version of the app. thats over 1,000 classic games available to play legally and for FREE at the click of a button (its free)

 

If you have XBOX Cloud gaming you can even play XBOX games like Sea of Theives, Killer Instinct and Forza. If your internet is good like mine you won't get any lag either.

 

Hell it's so small and lightweight you could take it on the road with you when you go on vacation and hook it up to the tv in the motel, a lot better off than lugging any other consoles or PCs around with you

 

 

So I fail to see how you couldn't find any use of the console at all and it just becomes a brick? Especially since it can run those 5 good Jaguar and 7800 games itself! It can also do a lot more than that.

 

I mean are you waiting for the price to drop to $5? Would that still be too high for you to bite? maybe $2.50 and then it's worth it? I guess you already have a giant monstrosity of a PC that takes up half of your living room that can do quantum computing and run Pitfall so this small box that fits nicely into anywhere would just be a big old waste of space for you huh?

 

Oh... It can't play cartridges. Yeah that's probably a deal breaker for you. Better get the Retron 77 instead!

 

 

(talked himself out of it before going to work ?)

 

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

what are you talking about?

 

Oh my, is someone butt hurt, or what?!?! :lol:

 

How's this...everything you just mentioned is doable on the lightweight, battery powered laptop I'm typing this message on.

 

It was $99 this morning.  What did you pay for your Atari VCS? HAHAHAHAHA!

Are you seething because if you waited a few months you could have bought 4 for what you paid?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Turbo-Torch said:

 

Oh my, is someone butt hurt, or what?!?! :lol:

 

How's this...everything you just mentioned is doable on the lightweight, battery powered laptop I'm typing this message on.

 

It was $99 this morning.  What did you pay for your Atari VCS? HAHAHAHAHA!

Are you seething because if you waited a few months you could have bought 4 for what you paid?

I have 3. 2 of them I paid $100 for the other I paid 299.

 

My point was you were never going to buy one, you were just trying to be comical.

 

Really you're playing Mario Kart 8 and Doom Eternal at 60FPS on your laptop? I don't think you are and even if you are How's this... the VCS is still lighter and easier to pack up and take with you than your laptop is. Besides that your everyday use laptop isn't practical as a go to emulation box for all of those consoles..... but the VCS is 

 

 

 

EDIT___> how much did the laptop cost? ?

Edited by WAVE 1 GAMES
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, WAVE 1 GAMES said:

I have 3. 2 of them I paid $100 for the other I paid 299.

 

My point was you were never going to buy one, you were just trying to be comical.

 

Really you're playing Mario Kart 8 and Doom Eternal at 60FPS on your laptop? I don't think you are and even if you are How's this... the VCS is still lighter and easier to pack up and take with you than your laptop is. Besides that your everyday use laptop isn't practical as a go to emulation box for all of those consoles..... but the VCS is 

 

I can see your point.  I understand that having a console, needing a power source, a TV/monitor and a bunch of cables is much more convenient than having a laptop that you can just turn on anywhere.

But congrats on spending $500 on 3 consoles.  I wish I had the mental capacity to buy a bunch of the same thing.  Maybe they'll go the way of the Jaguar and be worth big bucks in 25 years.  How old will you be then?

 

Oh, and would you look at this! Still in my cart!

 

sperg1.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Turbo-Torch said:

 

sperg1.jpg

Well I stand corrected sir! It's a good thing you talked yourself out of buying it. Now don't let yourself come around talking about "go ahead and buy one" in a couple of weeks. You stick to your guns man! An HDMI cable and a power cable really are a real hassle to drag around. Besides who needs it anyway? You have your laptop you can just whip out and start banging away!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Slikatel said:

after chatting with best buy forever they told me they couldnt price match it and buy it from gamestop. (so,they didnt notice it was sold out I guess) Anyways, I asked why it was not eligible for the price match guarantee and this is what he said...

Capture.PNG

The Best Buy rep doesn't know what he's talking about. The reason they wouldn't price match is because Best Buy doesn't sell the Onyx model. The version Best Buy sells (Black Walnut) has a different SKU from the Onyx. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As someone who enjoys his VCS, I don’t feel like I paid too much for it. If I had known about this deal, though — I would have purchased a second one just to use it as a mini PC. Oh well! ? 

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

The Best Buy rep doesn't know what he's talking about. The reason they wouldn't price match is because Best Buy doesn't sell the Onyx model. The version Best Buy sells (Black Walnut) has a different SKU from the Onyx. 

I tend to agree. There is something about bundles in the Price Match Guarantee, tho. They only ask for their SKU, and I gave them the walnut SKU. Again, I agree with you, but walnut/onyx never came up either chat. They asked things like if i had bought one from them already or if i was planning to purchase one today, etc., and kept asking me to wait 4 more minutes, so it was weird.

 

2nd chat they verified my address with me and checked it with gamestop availability in my area and told me it was sold out. It was a solid "No" pretty fast. It was a long shot at any rate. I tried, and reported the news here. I thought I might save someone from also trying, since it isn't a fast process.

I hate when I miss good sales that come from outta nowhere like parakeet skeet. :( 

Edited by Slikatel
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got order conformation number. We'll see if it goes thru.

First link asked for my address - out of stock.

Searched for "Atari VCS 800 Onyx All In System Bundle" then tried a link thru slick deals and completed check-out.

Went back and the slick deals link said expired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...