Jump to content
IGNORED

Onyx All In Bundle only $99.99 on GameStop


The Historian
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gamestop did me dirty.  They said my shipping and billing addresses were different and cancelled my order despite the paypal charge initially coming through and still showing an authorization charge on my account.  Kind of annoyed that they say they won't honor the sale price either....

  • Sad 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MScottson said:

Gamestop did me dirty.  They said my shipping and billing addresses were different and cancelled my order despite the paypal charge initially coming through and still showing an authorization charge on my account.  Kind of annoyed that they say they won't honor the sale price either....

That is insane! What if it was a gift for someone else or something? "naaaah doesn't match, just cancel it...."

 

(Admittedly it's just a transparent excuse because they don't have stock and are probably looking for excuses to eliminate orders they can't fulfill.)

 

 

EDIT: just got the dreaded Awaiting Product Availability....Oh well, I don't really need one anyway, was just a cheap lark! I'll likely end up completely forgetting about it then, with luck, WHAM! CHRISTMAS if it shows up lol

 

 

Screenshot_20220422-154232~2.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Awaiting product availability" tells me that they will get more in stock. Otherwise, they would have just cancelled the order, right?  

 

I'm gonna keep checking the site...if I'm able to land one, cool.  If not, no biggie.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Deteacher said:

"Awaiting product availability" tells me that they will get more in stock. Otherwise, they would have just cancelled the order, right?  

 

I'm gonna keep checking the site...if I'm able to land one, cool.  If not, no biggie.  

Frankly I'd be shocked if they got more. They're taking a huge loss (I think) per console, so I think it was just clearing out what they had on hand. They just didn't align their inventory on the website accurately.

 

Since mine is just a lark and I don't need it, if I get one and you still haven't ordered I'll reach out and just pass it along!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Frankly I'd be shocked if they got more. They're taking a huge loss (I think) per console, so I think it was just clearing out what they had on hand. They just didn't align their inventory on the website accurately.

 

Since mine is just a lark and I don't need it, if I get one and you still haven't ordered I'll reach out and just pass it along!

Atari's 50th Anniversary is June 27th, 2022.  I suspect this might be an effort to clear out old stuff for a new 'special' version?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Deteacher said:

"Awaiting product availability" tells me that they will get more in stock. Otherwise, they would have just cancelled the order, right?  

 

I'm gonna keep checking the site...if I'm able to land one, cool.  If not, no biggie.  

I guess there's a few possibilities for what this means as I see it:

 

1. Gamestop has a shipment currently in progress that they already paid for before they decided to liquidate.  Considering the time it takes to get items to the US from China, that seems like a possibility.  Although I don't think we have any solid information that Atari has been actively producing these consoles.  My assumption is that they produced all the VCS units last year and are just selling off remaining stock.

2. Awaiting Product Availability might just mean that they will sell you this console in the event that others cancel or return their consoles.

3. It's a website bug that allows people to buy things when they don't have stock on the expectation that all items get restocked in time, even if this particular item is not going to ever be restocked.

 

I'm guessing my chances of getting this VCS from Gamestop are 5-20%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is #2. They keep a decent enough backlog of orders in case people cancel, so they can instantly shift them. After a week or so, I guess, they'll likely cancel all the orders unless they do, in fact, have an (unlikely) source of more product.

 

That seems like a reasonable business model, despite the frustration a few people might feel in such a situation.

 

I, too, would put my chances of getting one at around 10%. It's all good though. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder how much this is just automatic messaging: X number sells out in Y time it says "Awaiting Availability" instead of "Sold Out" or something. Does seem odd they'd be bringing more in, unless they know they have more stock but it is in a warehouse or something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just spoke to a chat support rep on the GS site.  Asked if they had any knowledge of whether or not this is going to be restocked.  Got the generic, canned response, if anyone is interested:

 

"At this moment I do not know if we will be bringing back this bundle at this time. We very well could in a few months from now but at this moment I do not have any other information available to me."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Deteacher said:

Just spoke to a chat support rep on the GS site.  Asked if they had any knowledge of whether or not this is going to be restocked.  Got the generic, canned response, if anyone is interested:

 

"At this moment I do not know if we will be bringing back this bundle at this time. We very well could in a few months from now but at this moment I do not have any other information available to me."

Ha! Talk about a non-answer. I wonder if our "Awaiting Product Availability" will sit for months then.... :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, thexder said:

It went out of stock BUT it's showing up yet again right now as in stock

 

I've been doing the page refresh thing since before I posted - so about 10 minutes - it hasn't come up as in stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ClassicGMR said:

I've been doing the page refresh thing since before I posted - so about 10 minutes - it hasn't come up as in stock.

Ha, I would probably getting a Onyx one at this price.. so if they show up...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah, it was in-stock for maybe 8-10 minutes (I posted here about 5 minutes after I got the notification from my script) before it went OOS and then it came back in-stock again for less than 2 minutes.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, thexder said:

Also, my previous ordered switched from "Awaiting Product Availability" to "Preparing for shipment".
image.png.d5d4c26a1a57518a9fc5680fc3b847dd.png
 

Same for me!  This morning it was "Awaiting Product Availability" and now it says "Preparing for shipment".  Bought on the 20th in the evening...keeping fingers crossed, but these are good signs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...