IGNORED

1008 K Axlon Compatible Board w/Base RAM and no soldering

reifsnyderb

After looking at the schematics, this board should work for either a 400 or 800.  A 400 will have R4 and R5 installed and the programing of U1 will be different from the 800.  An 800 will still need a jumper board, of course.   🙂

I'll order these once I am low on stock of either the 400 or 800 boards.  I'll have to put a sticker on the board to indicate which Atari the board is configured for.

1056universal.thumb.jpg.a24f479c401e2c9f9cbd96d784031cb1.jpg

• Like 2

Presently, I have 4 different boards to keep in stock for the Atari 400's and 800's.  Each computer has slightly different select lines going to the socket and the 48k boards are essentially stripped down 1056k boards.  It would be ideal if a single board could be used and just re-configured for any use.  So, here it is:

UniversalSRAMBoard.thumb.jpg.3fbcafbbbd4cdeedb51582c8219e6b34.jpg

To use as a 48k board, only U10, C10, U1, and C1 are needed.  In U1, a 20 pin ATF16V8 would be installed and it's programming would dictate as to whether it was for a 400 or 800.  The solder jumper would be set to 48 so as to be able to use the ATF16V8.  For a 1056 board, all components are required, the solder jumper would be set to 1056, and a ATF20V10 would be installed in U1.  Once again, the programming of U1 would dictate as to whether it was for a 400 or 800.  I am looking forward to trying this one out.   🙂

Edit to add:  R4 and R5 are needed for Atari 400's.

Edited by reifsnyderb
  • Like 8

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, scorpio_ny said:

It is nice to see that the Atari 400 getting some attention. I have one of your earlier memory boards and Svideo personality card in mine. Works great!

It's good to hear your boards are working great!   🙂  When upgraded, the 400 had a lot of capability.