IGNORED

A new controller SECOND BATCH AVAILABLE

tanuki

57 minutes ago, MattelAquarius said:

I'll keep an eye out, and hold off until the new batch is actually available.

yea for sure, this latest batch was held up due to outside variables.  I was part of that variable.  I printed the enclosures for all of them.  As if in some mass revolt, three of my four printers decided to malfunction for different reasons..  so I had to get those fixed to ramp up production again..  not to mention there was a significant hold up for the PCBs to get to me (another reputable contributor to the community, which I'm sure that hold up had had it's reasons) on top of that before I could assemble / glue  / test all of the games before then shipping from the US to France where Cote is based.  

As for these controllers, I'm not sure who will be doing the final assembly.  I'll be shipping them to someone.  Just not sure who yet.  

Edited by 8bitwidgets.com
  • Like 4

Caleb was on The Intellivision Gamer's channel yesterday explaining his involvement with Cote Gamers.  The video is a great source for Intellivision information if you have the time to watch the full interview with Caleb.  I ordered 2 couplers and a pair of adapters from his Etsy site to play Intellivision Flashback controllers on the Sears model from Caleb awhile back and they all work great and Caleb got them out to me in no time.  I highly recommend buying from him.  (8BitWidgets at Etsy or the same with a .com at the end for his hilarious and unique website.)  As for the Long Play controllers, I would wait until the second batch comes out as it sounds like they will be even better than the first.

Edited by larryvgs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeM_Intellivision said:

A bit off topic but needed to get Pyramid Warp & a Long Play Controller myself. Is Pyramid Warp available I never heard back awhile ago? If not maybe someone has an extra for sale/trade.

Pyramid Warp still seems to be for sale on their website.  Looks like they have 36 copies.

https://cotegamers.com/shop/en/accueil/173-pyramid-warp-preorder.html

Also Norseman 2 is still in stock.

https://cotegamers.com/shop/en/accueil/160-norseman-2-deluxe.html

as for the controller their page says they still have a few in stock.

https://cotegamers.com/shop/en/accueil/136-long-play-disc-controller.html

3 hours ago, MattelAquarius said:

Well I ordered 2 controllers.  I was only going to get one, to see how I like it, but the shipping cost made me go for 2 instead.

Hopefully, the delivery process will go smoothly.  🤞

Good luck!  Please let us know if/when you get them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update for anyone wondering if they should order from this company at this time:

I haven't heard anything from them since ordering over three weeks ago.  Two days ago I made an inquiry via their online "Contact us" link and direct email.  

Have not received a response yet. 

Hmmm

I will post here if/when something changes.

• Thanks 1

Positive news Update!

Apparently their first reply went to my spam folder, but they did follow-up with a second email to explain that there is a 20-30 day delay for shipping the controllers.  They explained that there is a disclaimer below the PayPal purchase button.  It may be a new disclaimer, but in fairness, I may have missed that when ordering.

It was just a bit concerning, because there was no order confirmation from CoteGames, just the PayPal confirmation.

So, things are good!

• Like 1

Hello.

To modify a quote fromSor Mix a Lot ...

I like big sticks and I cannot lie.

Does your PCB have 16 individual actuation points, or do you take an XY space and divide it into 16 wedges and a bullseye?

If the second, would it be easy to build a PC15->INTV2 controller interface with the 3 action buttons interfaced with a 3.5mm TRS female.  (I got 8bitwidgets.com 's INTVFB->INTV2 adapter, [which I heard is reversible with a double male straight DB9 and double female straight DB9.]  So I can provide my own connection needs as far as flashback pins are concerned ) 

I Got my own keyboard needs met with a DB9 straight y splitter and an INTVFB pad and appropriate cables. All I need is the PC15 to INTV2 circuit and the 3.5mm TRS interface with the 3 action buttons.

Can that be hired to get done for $100 or less?

3 minutes ago, tripletopper said:

Does your PCB have 16 individual actuation points

I don't know, i'd have to open it up but i think mike does a reasonable deep dive into what's under the hood in this video.. so watch this to find your answer for sure..  if memory serves I feel like it's an 8 way setup.. switch-wise

6 minutes ago, tripletopper said:

would it be easy to build a PC15->INTV2

what is this for?  vga?  total ignorance here on this request and very curious

8 minutes ago, tripletopper said:

I got 8bitwidgets.com 's INTVFB->INTV2 adapter, [which I heard is reversible with a double male straight DB9 and double female straight DB9.] 

(Thank you).  I should double check this is a thing.  i feel like i did but can't remember for sure.  I will say that it's a bit clunky to try those adapters.   I do have both kinds (female female / male male) but i'm not sure how well they will stay in..   not to shamelessly plug another product but I do now offer a INTV 2 Flashback product as well.. basically the exact opposite product in a nice compact size like the other, but.. different :)

By the time you might buy those other parts then find things falling apart..  this honestly would be the headache free means to go the other direction..  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1696205785/intellivision-flashback-adapter-sockets

14 minutes ago, tripletopper said:

and the 3.5mm TRS interface with the 3 action buttons.

ther's a 3.5mm jack on the intellivision somewhere?  i'm trying to visualize how between this and a PC15 interface ties into the intellivision.  Sounds interesting though

First of all I looked at the video and found that you have 16 individuals micro switches for the 16 individual directions. 

What I want to do if I could fully realize it is have my 14 button joystick base, and my analog flight stick or, if I'm playing at 4-way or 8-way, game, my standard fight stick, 

Second, I don't know what the official name of this port is as I've never owned a PC especially a pre Windows PC but there's a 15 pin port that I call a PC 15 part that used to let you put in flight sticks it can be confused with the Atari 5200 port.  And the Bohoki adapter actually converts between the 5200 ports and the pc15 port.   is one of those ports you use for flight sticks in the '80s which are single-handed analog sticks with two buttons on it.

The 3.5 mm refers to handicap controls used since the 1990s when I bought a KY enterprises joystick and is the system that Xbox currently uses with its adaptive control system.  

Since I'm asking from the community it should be only fair that I give to the community.

I can make no money off of my inventions anyway unless it was so astronomical that I could live off the residuals at my lifestyle or better and have my insurance paid for.  So it benefits the most people possible I let anyone use my ideas for free and hope that if it does get to the point where there's astronomical profits (not bloody likely but one can hope) like they'll get some loving in some form.  But if I were to get paid say $5 a unit for my services (just an example, not a real charge) let's just say if it got more than 20 units in a year I would have to worry about my social security balancing for the year because the main reason why I'm on social security is because inability to work.  This one time payments May disqualify me if it's too high or too frequent or whatever.  And the insurance is the largest part of my benefits thanks to my medicines and disability.  So actually do not pay me for these ideas so I give them out freely and you choose where you use them or not and it's worth exactly at least what you paid for them.  

I think I could design this pad as well as the retrogameboyz.com Intellistick to be a user- changeable ambidextrous model.   So you could 180 the pad and they can both a lefty and a righty pad simultaneously.  The layout you both happened to choose is perfect for ambidextrization.

Just use the symmetry and rotate the joystick 180° to get the perfect flip side mapping.

An example of it is on my website sinistersticks.com with my original ambidextrous fight stick.  Also on the website is my observations about the state of the industry about why most controllers are not designed to be ambidextrous.  

Feel free to use any of my ideas however you want if you don't want to make separate left-handed and right-handed versions and have a user-serviceable ambidextrous controller.

When I'm working with thumbs, I'm usually all thumbs.  The thing that would be perfect is one of these people have a pc-15 intellivision 2 setup for their PC and I was wondering if I could have a direct to a television hardware connector for that type of setup. 

I think probably the best solution is to have two different solutions and try not to make a Swiss army knife out of intellivision.  Probably retro gameboys.com would have the perfect four-way and 8-way solution if I could have those controllers outputting to 3.5 mm TRS as opposed to actual physical buttons to press but it should be pretty easy to convert between one and the other.  I can't do it myself but it should be relatively easy.

Ask for the Flashback to INTV2 adapter, I don't know whether you sent me the original one or the inverse one but I'll see if I could deal with it myself as I bought two sets of three DB9 double me mail and double female converters one for each joystick.    By the way you could sell it for both is to have both ends be either double the male or double female whichever is less fragile, and you insert the double opposite one to make it a male to female cable one way to make it one way and the other way to make it the other way.

By the way I've used VGA pin adapters on my consoleized Virtual Boy to get a stereoscopic inverse picture, where the color is the negative space and the black is the positive space unlike normal Virtual Boy where the color is the positive space and the black is the negative space.

1 minute ago, tripletopper said:

Windows PC but there's a 15 pin port

are you talking about the PC Game Port?  Yea that's the Game Port I believe is the typical name.  VGA just happens to be 15pins also in a different configuration.  

3 minutes ago, tripletopper said:

The 3.5 mm refers to handicap controls used since the 1990s

Ah never dealt with that before.  Yea not sure how that would interface into the intellivision either.  I suppose there must be a way.  Just beyond my knowledge.

5 minutes ago, tripletopper said:

but I'll see if I could deal with it myself as I bought two sets of three DB9 double me mail and double female converters one for each joystick. 

I believe it will work, but it's funny how easy it is to get things reversed when you're dealing with these kind of adapters.  A little tape would likely be all you need to insure they stay connected if it's meant to be a fairly permanent situation.

6 minutes ago, tripletopper said:

I've used VGA pin adapters on my consoleized Virtual Boy to get a stereoscopic inverse picture

wild :)