IGNORED

Season 12 ~ MAJOR LEAGUE ~ 3 Strikes Knockout Tourny

Vocelli

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

This last round has truly been a clash of titans. Amazing playing, everybody!

And somehow no one ended up with 3 strikes! By my count it'll be two for all of us except Kermit, who has 1. It was a heck of a way to finish off the season, with a truly astonishing performance by @Jasonhrb to avoid taking any strikes at all. Very well done everyone! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gold Winner ~ Kermit

Silver ~ JasonHRB

Bronze 1 ~ AtariSphinx

Bronze 2 ~ SkippyBCoyote

(All 4 Players will be choosing a Game for Season 13)

Final Standings

1) Kermit X

2) JasonHRB  XX

3) AtariSphinx XX

4) SkippyBCoyote XX

I will see Everyone in August!

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

And somehow no one ended up with 3 strikes! By my count it'll be two for all of us except Kermit, who has 1. It was a heck of a way to finish off the season, with a truly astonishing performance by @Jasonhrb to avoid taking any strikes at all. Very well done everyone! 

Thanks @Skippy B. Coyote . In one sense it was quite straightforward. Once I'd watched @kermit73's Wizard of Wor video, it was relatively straightforward to roll that (albeit really boring !). I also seem to have an uncanny knack for Stratovox, so getting a good score for that was fairly easy.

That left me with lots of time to play Raptor  . . . . and believe me, I've spent far more time playing Raptor in these past couple of weeks than can possibly be healthy. ? I think I worked out every nook and cranny of that game, and eventually got a score that did the job.  It was quite funny in a way though. Being UK based, midnight rolled around quicker for me than it did the rest of you. I went to bed not knowing if my score was going to be good enough, and I checked this thread pretty much first thing when I got up this morning . . . . . . . .I really do need to get out more :) .

On a serious note, great playing by everyone in this round. You, Kermit, and @AtariSphinx have been great competition, and Kermit a very worth winner (I don't think any of us would deny he was the best player all season). Thanks also to everyone else who's played, and to @Vocelli for making the whole thing happen. Going to the new tourney format has had its challenges, but I think it was definitely the right thing to do. Roll on August :)  

• Like 6

Thank you all for a great season. 

Thank you @Vocelli for running the tournament and for soliciting and listening to our feedback as worked through the growing pains associated with the new tournament format.  I really liked the changes this season and look forward to seeing us use this format again next season.

There was some impressive play these last few weeks and I thank @AtariSphinx, @Skippy B. Coyote, and @Jasonhrb for keeping things competitive throughout the tournament.  There were definitely some games I posted higher scores than I thought I'd achieve because of the consistently strong competition.

I especially want to acknowledge the play from Jason.  While I was the only player to officially end the tournament with one strike, Jason was also only below the strike line once.  He ended up with two strikes because it was in the first round, he risked elimination with every game from round 2 and on, and he had a very impressive finish with the top score for every final round game.

I look forward to competing again in August.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Congrats @kermit73 @Jasonhrb and @Skippy B. Coyote!   Great season and very competitive final rounds.    

Playing in HSC has made me realize how different playing Atari now as an adult than when growing up.  Growing up you played a game till you lost all your lives and moved on to the next game.   In HSC it is so much more about strategy and understanding how to exploit the games scoring.   It make it so much more of a deeper experience and fun that I don't think new to Atari players who play and see the games as simple and shallow games understand.   

It is awesome to see the passion for Atari and learn how to play better from all of you!  See you next season!

• Like 7