IGNORED

ANN: FujiNews, a #FujiNet news reader!

You can load the app from fujinet.online tnfs server at ATARI/networking/fujinews.xex or fujinet.pl tnfs server at networking/fujinews.pl

Server source code is at https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-apps/tree/master/news/server

Client source code is at https://gitlab.com/bocianu/fujinews and https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinews

Thanks @bocianu for making the Atari client app, it's awesome!

• Like 2

Application was updated and it has all planned functionality right now.

- joystick controls

- help screen

- paging on headers screen

- loading screen

- scrollbar

- colour themes

If you have any ideas what else can be improved, just let me know.

image.thumb.png.a71108c9103712592d1cef50952df162.png

image.thumb.png.e4d133a1d054dd091e0fba63b6352d8e.png

image.thumb.png.38ef0609a5306967539a0b5861d5ac49.png

image.thumb.png.21d3fd82962da52a8881ac3e6b06087e.png

image.thumb.png.6505329fd9cd03e326576fb06c9ba532.png

Edited by bocianu
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

For anyone using the news reader, if you happen to see any completely garbage articles or stuff that could be removed from the articles, please let me know so I can add filters to the server. I'll need to know the source name and part of the article title (hit TAB when viewing an article to get this) and data/time if you can.

For example, all articles from Washington Post start with "Placeholder while article actions load" which I have added a filter to remove. Also, articles from yahoo.com were total junk and contained a bunch of javascript so all articles from there are ignored.

Thanks

actually, most of the washington post stuff is completely garbage articles so it's hard to determine what 'filter' would be best... maybe just filter anything from the WAPO out completely as you did with yahoo... it's not like you won't find the same or much better elsewhere.

Is this being handled by a middleman server, or is the code able to be loaded as internal fujinet processor use and then fed to the Atari client (both local).

I'm kind of liking the idea of having the fujinet have dynamic modules loaded for it's internal use rather than just in the firmware area etc and relying on middlebox translation...

if not then keeping the processing and serving local on our own box rather than loading down your connections and machine with our requests sort of thing.

Great work on the client. Nice to see this sort of thing again and indeed much better

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

actually, most of the washington post stuff is completely garbage articles so it's hard to determine what 'filter' would be best... maybe just filter anything from the WAPO out completely as you did with yahoo... it's not like you won't find the same or much better elsewhere.

Haha, I'm not filtering based on validity or quality of the content. I'm filtering out unnecessary generic text or sites with pay walls. You get to weed out the 'fake news' on your own.

9 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Is this being handled by a middleman server, or is the code able to be loaded as internal fujinet processor use and then fed to the Atari client (both local).

The server code is php and is running on fujinet.online. Source code is available in a previous post if you want to run your own. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Better be careful, otherwise Musk will buy it and free it ;)

Personally I think it should always be left up to the reader to decide what they want to filter out or not, unless it interferes with usage.

Nice job on the news reader?  Now we just need to make VBXE a more standard device so that we can see more of the content on screen all at one time.

Edited by mytek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...