IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

On 2/17/2024 at 2:07 AM, roots.genoa said:

During the Crayola event in particular, you could even see Tommy and Co struggling with the controllers, replacing them. Which is a bit worrying given the even was quite short iirc, so fully charged controllers should have lasted the whole time.

Don't forget about the 'Tommy Shuffle' needed to get it oriented right because that part didn't work well either. 

giphy.gif.e03c494dd26f385c50f2bec8bb559d48.gif

23 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Why do you take what they say at face value?

See highlights. He is quite impressed with all they have accomplished. Ignore the part of his comment that he obviously doesn't know what real research is. 🤣

Screenshot_20240218_113605_Discord.thumb.jpg.c741e7656cf23dca364a01c0e4d7496d.jpg

🍩

• Like 2

Roadmap.png.9b9b4c4df3427eadbd56ff3fe58df832.thumb.png.24863045bfaf0b55f0431d3cf5dd3271.png

I don't know about you all but I'm prepping for Cornhole season. I spent time today making pork bacon burgers to get ready for the grill.

c4280fa5-43df-4665-a942-5c7acd703da6.thumb.jpg.1d3bef1e856a9ced2cecb23320979ad6.jpg

75b5d688-2606-4b46-bbd6-380b0a7d0b1c.thumb.jpg.21851b4b0d7ffd8cacd6071fdd5bee8d.jpg

I expect to never want to pull out the real cornhole boards ever again. Bringing people to Cornhole together again! My body is ready to have my gaming world disrupted!

image.thumb.png.26edc18f6024f7344731965c44ff58a7.png

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 3

@MrBeefy who must be dying to know that jungle hunt tm is still legally on track

I was wrong. I had said:

It's logical that the delay in granting extension here is due to uspto also waiting on correcting their records. I realize this comes as a shock, but even uspto makes the occasional error.

5th and final extension to IE was granted but uspto seemingly couldn't be bothered to read the attorney's notes under "miscellaneous".

Long story short, they just kept the wrong attorney info in their records, whereas current attorney had clearly stated paperwork had already been on file of the change.

Source:

at approximately 34 minute mark

Interesting discussion between NSG and Gaterooze. Obvious confusion about Astrosmash in particular.

One or more of the following might explain some of this.

(1)There are multiple trademarks for Astrosmash in different classes of goods.

(2)There is unresolved issue on the first one in classes "Class 9 – Electrical and scientific apparatus" and "Class 41 – Education and entertainment".

Doc title "REQUEST FOR EXTENSION OF PROTECTION"

(3)There is unresolved issue of the second one in "Class 28 – Toys and sporting goods"

Doc title "Petition to Director". Short version, the subject is about waiving a trademark rule.

hmm...how to answer in layman terms...

Categories have always been broad and basically not brought up to modern definitions based on changes in tech, etc.

Example: People will try to get around an issue by arguing their device really does fit in a category that has no modern definition.

If you read just the explanation for the 2nd filing I mentioned hopefully it fits basically with what I mentioned above.

Petition to director

Please feel free to offer further detail and correct my opinion if you know more or flat out disagree.

15 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Roadmap.png.9b9b4c4df3427eadbd56ff3fe58df832.thumb.png.24863045bfaf0b55f0431d3cf5dd3271.png

Oh,  Look at these guys with their 600+ years of Experience going on ova here.  They gots a "Roadmap"!   And here I was worried they had no plan whatsoever!  But ..A Roadmap?  Well now all concerns are allayed boyee howdy!  All fears alleviated I tell you what!

Lemme jus look up the "Console Release Date" for everyone...

Hold on...

Be patient, OK?

Just another sec....

Got to be here somewhere...

Still l o o k i n g   .  .  .

I FOUND IT!

It's on THE 7TH OF NEVER!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Apologies to the rest of you. I need to finish the story.

@mr_me

and 

@Cebus Capucinis

You both obviously appreciate history and accuracy on this, so here we go...

Reference our discussion:

This page eons ago

mr_me: correct that assignment occurred but not made public (at the time)

Cebus: correct on "is a bit strange" (but)

The former and recent assignments of the Astrosmash trademark

If the link goes to only front page, just pull down "Assignment Abstract Of Title Information"

Please note the difference in assignment date vs the date actually "recorded" re:Blue Sky Rangers

You can read the clickable link for the doc itself, but you'll note it is 90%? redacted.

That's not a problem since we're only interested in the date.

I hope mr_me understands now why this caught my attention eons ago. It was about a warning sent without a response being recorded.

Added note: my link from the old discussion "Example for Astrosmash" no longer goes to the warning. It now goes to BBG's submitted proof of "use in commerce"

Added note: Original link from internet archive:

TRADEMARK REGISTRATION MAINTENANCE DOCUMENT UNDER SECTION 8 MUST BE FILED BEFORE DEADLINE OR REGISTRATION WILL BE CANCELLED

Edited by number6
Explanation of dead link & recovered link
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Oh,  Look at these guys with their 600+ years of Experience going on ova here.  They gots a "Roadmap"!   And here I was worried they had no plan whatsoever!  But ..A Roadmap?  Well now all concerns are allayed boyee howdy!  All fears alleviated I tell you what!

Listen... anyone with 599 years of less wouldn't have thought to add that little red car on their roadmap, so that's something I guess.

11 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

It's on THE 7TH OF NEVER!

Ya know, honestly if they'd just come out and say it'll release "never," I think they might actually release the thing just to continue the pattern of screwing up every goal they set.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Listen... anyone with 599 years of less wouldn't have thought to add that little red car on their roadmap, so that's something I guess.

You know "599 Years of LESS" was probably their old ad campaign,  but then they ditched the Truth in Advertising idea and Tommyfied everything.

• Like 1

Wow! This side by side comparison shows literally no work done on the games. 

Video on right is "Intellivision Amico - 10.10.20 Game Play update."  Video on left is "Game Play 2022."

Both game play videos were posted by Intellivision.

Side by side video

image.thumb.png.34bfb2cccdffa83006a26f376e684dac.png

Edited by rayik
fix link
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

You know "599 Years of LESS" was probably their old ad campaign,  but then they ditched the Truth in Advertising idea and Tommyfied everything.

To be fair to Tommy, he is by far not the only scum bucket to work there. There are a few still working at draining the bank while acting like it could happen.

1 hour ago, rayik said:

Wow! This side by side comparison shows literally no work done on the games. 

Video on right is "Intellivision Amico - 10.10.20 Game Play update."  Video on left is "Game Play 2022."

Both game play videos were posted by Intellivision.

Side by side video

image.thumb.png.34bfb2cccdffa83006a26f376e684dac.png

This isn't surprising. They needed the crowdfunding because they never got the investor they hoped to get by the end of 2019.

The games were basically out-of the Mike Kennedy playback of we exchanged emails/words/etc and therefore games were in the works.

Side Swipers was a demo. Notice they aren't even releasing all the pack in games first. BBG helped finish Shark and Astro, FF and RF Redux are already completed games with a  few things added. Darts is though to be a port of a Wii game. That leaves what? Missile Command as the only one that might have been from the ground up that isn't a pack in?

It was going around that they started to beg people to help them finish games for free. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that Farkle, Skiing, and Back Talk are unfinished. Remember they had to go back and, "fix Cornhole". John did it because the game devs "were gone". Well yeah they were gone because they stopped paying them.

They might not have the code for the games or not enough of the code to salvage it for release. Bomb Squade was done but the hardware couldn't handle it. Instead of giving the guy help they took the laggy footage and used it for a sizzle reel.

This was a crowdfunded adventure 100% after they hit Fig. Too bad the donuts were too busy shoving their head up his donut hole to question it or be like, "well it's not crowdfunding" despite that both Fig amd Republic are. I commented to some friends that the Founder's Editions were literally a test to see how many people would pay around $300, and to get ready for price increases.

I would also expect them to open a crowdfunding campaign for the controllers (assuming they try at all). It will be their "testing to see the demand", and another way to milk more money off the donuts who are too dumb to open their eyes and realize they've been residing in the former CEOs rectum while feeding off the lies from him and the company.

If you go way back to mid to late 2019, you will see very little to no progress on anything. It all fell apart when they could attract an investor. Then instead of buckling down and working harder they instead found ways to blow more money that was not geared towards hardware or software development. They wanted to offload the company and make it appear as a latch key operation for some idiot buyer.

They just never found an idiot to buy them out. It also puts in perspective Tommy's behaviors some too in that time. It's why he was so thermonuclear butthurt towards guys like me and wanted me banned from AA. The game was falling apart and he only had his donut holes to show off because his "target market" didn't exist.

• Like 5

I just finished reading through all 383 pages of this topic and am going the the Q&A topic in the archives.  What a colossal disaster this whole Amico thing is.

Tommy pretty much lied in every post.  Every game people asked for was answered with "Yeah, we're working on it" or "It's coming".  There's no way he would be able to make good on all those empty promises.

And what company has ever opened offices around the world before getting established and actually having product selling and shipping?  That makes no sense at all.  And, Dubai? Really?  I've never heard of Dubai being a big gaming-centric country.  That right there, should tell people that there's something wrong with Tommy and his company.   And I also love how every time he talks of Intellivision of the past, he always says "we" like he was with the company originally.  Intellivision wasn't even the company back then, it was the product.

And there's no way he "worked with Miyamoto on Metroid Prime" because Miyamoto didn't make Metroid Prime.  It wasn't even made at Nintendo, but at Retro Studios, one of the partners they owned.  What a POS lying shyster this guy is.  He deserves everything he gets.

I've been gaming since before the Atari 2600 and have been through enough console launches that I'm pretty sure that's NOT how to start a new console making company.

Edited by Rockymin
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Rockymin said:

I just finished reading through all 383 pages of this topic and am going the the Q&A topic in the archives.  What a colossal disaster this whole Amico thing is.

Tommy pretty much lied in every post.  Every game people asked for was answered with "Yeah, we're working on it" or "It's coming".  There's no way he would be able to make good on all those empty promises.

And what company has ever opened offices around the world before getting established and actually having product selling and shipping?  That makes no sense at all.  And, Dubai? Really?  I've never heard of Dubai being a big gaming-centric country.  That right there, should tell people that there's something wrong with Tommy and his company.   And I also love how every time he talks of Intellivision of the past, he always says "we" like he was with the company originally.  Intellivision wasn't even the company back then, it was the product.

And there's no way he "worked with Miyamoto on Metroid Prime" because Miyamoto didn't make Metroid Prime.  It wasn't even made at Nintendo, but at Retro Studios, one of the partners they owned.  What a POS lying shyster this guy is.  He deserves everything he gets.

I've been gaming since before the Atari 2600 and have been through enough console launches that I'm pretty sure that's NOT how to start a new console making company.

Them opening the offices make sense if you approach it from the idea they wanted to look big to sell off the company. They wanted to give it to someone else before they were expected to finish and and produce that footbath.

The games and hardware were never much more than proof of concepts and prototypes. It is 2024 and they have yet to take basic steps. Even in 2021 pack in games weren't finished. To make the 2020 launch date those should have e been finished no later than mid 2020. Software dev isn't affected by Covid part shortage. Not to mention they were looking for firmware help to help finish the OS in 2021. Also something that needed to be done in 2020.

At best they stopped wanting to be a console making company at the end of 2019. At worst they planned to do this scam from the start.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Them opening the offices make sense if you approach it from the idea they wanted to look big to sell off the company. They wanted to give it to someone else before they were expected to finish and and produce that footbath.

The games and hardware were never much more than proof of concepts and prototypes. It is 2024 and they have yet to take basic steps. Even in 2021 pack in games weren't finished. To make the 2020 launch date those should have e been finished no later than mid 2020. Software dev isn't affected by Covid part shortage. Not to mention they were looking for firmware help to help finish the OS in 2021. Also something that needed to be done in 2020.

At best they stopped wanting to be a console making company at the end of 2019. At worst they planned to do this scam from the start.

I wonder about that sell off the company theory.  Wouldn't any prospective buyer be able to see what's going on and wonder why they aren't selling the product before opening all these other offices around the world?  I mean, Nintendo opened their offices in America when they wanted to sell their console here.  And that was only after they established their products in Japan.  I think that would be obvious to any prospective buyer of their company.  

I don't think Tommy had any chance of selling the company if that was his scheme.  If I was the buyer, the first question I'd have is why he's opening all these offices before he's gotten his product out.  And why does he need an office in Dubai?  That's a real head scratcher, lol.

I'd also ask him why he thinks a many people today will know who Evel Knievel was.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Rockymin said:

I wonder about that sell off the company theory.  Wouldn't any prospective buyer be able to see what's going on and wonder why they aren't selling the product before opening all these other offices around the world?  I mean, Nintendo opened their offices in America when they wanted to sell their console here.  And that was only after they established their products in Japan.  I think that would be obvious to any prospective buyer of their company.  

I don't think Tommy had any chance of selling the company if that was his scheme.  If I was the buyer, the first question I'd have is why he's opening all these offices before he's gotten his product out.  And why does he need an office in Dubai?  That's a real head scratcher, lol.

I'd also ask him why he thinks a many people today will know who Evel Knievel was.

I didn't say they did a good job of making it appealing.

Everything they've done has been various forms of amateur hour to complete crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Rockymin said:

He'd say "Well, ya know..."  Then rant about focus groups and market research and some data they have that proves, beyond the shadow of a doubt that all 8,019,876,189 people in the world not only know who he is, but would absolutely love to play a video game like that with local co-op.

He'd also go into a story about how Evel Knievel was a dear, personal friend of his and actually started doing stunts after being inspired by one of Tommy's music compositions. 

• Haha 5

55 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I didn't say they did a good job of making it appealing.

Everything they've done has been various forms of amateur hour to complete crap.

As you know I pretty much stick to their paperwork (legal filings etc.) I think you know which of your 2 categories most of -that- fits into.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

He'd say "Well, ya know..."  Then rant about focus groups and market research and some data they have that proves, beyond the shadow of a doubt that all 8,019,876,189 people in the world not only know who he is, but would absolutely love to play a video game like that with local co-op.

He'd also go into a story about how Evel Knievel was a dear, personal friend of his and actually started doing stunts after being inspired by one of Tommy's music compositions. 

Yes, and I noticed that during the whole time leading up to the 10/2020 "launch" he never mentions anything about how they are progressing with getting the thing manufactured.  Though, I'm only up to the end of May 2020, so there's still time for him to talk about that.

Edited by Rockymin
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rockymin said:

The Dubai office was just a play thing for the son of (one of?) the biggest external investor(s).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockymin said:

The offices around the world were a guy in Europe and a guy in the middle east, they could have worked from home. The guy in Europe helped secure funding, found game developers, setup distribution. It wasn't his fault the product didn't come out.

One of the target markets they were going after would know Evel Knievel.

43 minutes ago, Rockymin said:

Yes, and I noticed that during the whole time leading up to the 10/2021 "launch" he never mentions anything about how they are progressing with getting the thing manufactured.  Though, I'm only up to the end of May 2021, so there's still time for him to talk about that.

Probably because there was no progression. They had a setback in late 2020 with getting their prototype rf emissions compliant and didn't achieve that until summer 2021 (according to them). They talked about it that summer. We find out later they lost over a million dollars in a contract dispute with a manufacturer earlier in 2021.

Edited by mr_me

Source

pull down "Assignment Abstract Of Title Information" and click to open "Assignment 3 of 4" please

Below are the key entries for my question:

Conveyance:

ASSIGNS THE ENTIRE INTEREST

Assignor

Name:

INTELLIVISION ENTERTAINMENT, LLC

Execution Date:

Mar. 20, 2023

Legal Entity Type:

LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY

State or Country Where Organized:

CALIFORNIA

Assignee

Name:

BBG ENTERTAINMENT GMBH

OK. So March 20, 2023 Intellivision Entertainment LLC "assigns" Astrosmash to BBG Entertainment. Check.

More than a year earlier Intellivision Entertainment LLC was declared "suspended". And they still are. Check.

The law says:

"If your business is suspended

You cannot:

• Legally do business
  • Sell, transfer, or exchange real property" (etc.)
  • Source

I'm obviously missing something here. How was the deal "legal" given the facts above?

or was Astrosmash not considered "real property"?

9 hours ago, Rockymin said:

And why does he need an office in Dubai?  That's a real head scratcher, lol.

8 hours ago, SegaMasterSystemPunk said:

The Dubai office was just a play thing for the son of (one of?) the biggest external investor(s).

Yes, I think the Dubai office was "headed" by the son of their main "investor" - debtor rather, since they were supposed to pay him $100 per console sold. So hiring his son for a bullshit job was probably a way to stall until then... The only time we heard about him was when he showed the system to IGN Middle East.

And as Mr Me said above, the German office was a similar thing; the address corresponds to a company that leases mailing addresses and offices, which means Hans Ippisch probably worked from home and just went there to collect mail (I know very well about that). Of course the German office made more sense since the console was supposed to be released in Europe as well, but they had a European distributor anyway, Koch Media (now known as Plaion) iirc. The German office was mostly used to collect the Bavarian grants imho.

• Like 2