IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

So, I guess we have AAers to blame for no Amico. We were helping build the console. I guess you get what you pay for in help!

RDT_20240511_1742545353129090728098804.thumb.jpg.196410ad13547120791c198d8108a93a.jpg

So, instead of being a super sleeper would Tommy now be considered a super worker? I didn't know playing backgammon was such pivotal work in making Amico happen.

RDT_20240511_1743124661423018926440768.thumb.jpg.853cee58b614b4e13362f7647cf98652.jpg

One of us! One of us!

RDT_20240511_1743481546872882013650770.thumb.jpg.f1e9d276957904f8467ba2b6995da35e.jpg

Waving T-Mobile GIF by Magenta

On 5/10/2024 at 3:28 PM, CurlyQ said:

FREE BOOZE!!! Courtesy of FIG Republic Crowdfunding and 100% Refundable Pre-Order Funds!!! 💰💰💰

Here's to Feeling Good All the Time! 🍺🍺🍺

Also a lot of that money was spent on hours of posting here at AtariAge and YouTube, while not making anything.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Who wants to be the person to give Jenny Davis the bad news?

image-1.thumb.png.6a950a174b243bec1f6b4039a1a10ddb.png

I thought they canceled the whole e3 2024 … maybe just say that.

Actually it seems the whole e3 is gone:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/E3#:~:text=E3 2023 was cancelled after,would no longer be held.

Edited by phoenixdownita

4 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Also a lot of that money was spent on hours of posting here at AtariAge and YouTube, while not making anything.

Did it not seem evident that he really enjoyed it??

Always trying to get the one-up on somebody. Always trying to get the last word. Always trying to belittle somebody. Always trying to put somebody in their place. Always defending, defending. He just couldn't seem to help himself.

Tommy never grew up, never fully matured and was probably bullied a lot when he was a kid.

tommy-tallarico-getting-bullied.gif.865e95cc22587ff1905fa5765c1e0cb3.gif

When the internet came along he played role reversal behind his keyboard and monitor.

keyboard-warrior.gif.6ef0cca3fc2ed041ad7178057fc8ac53.gif

You can't put a child into the role of CEO and expect great things.

I would imagine his wife was more than likely a very lonely woman.

IMO Projection is one of his biggest traits.

"Projection is when someone attributes their own negative (or positive) feelings, flaws, and other quirks onto someone else or another group, and usually onto someone with whom they are having a disagreement. Someone who projects will shift blame to ignore their problems or weaknesses."

Tommy's paper trail is decades long and the internet never forgets.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CurlyQ said:

Did it not seem evident that he really enjoyed it??

Always trying to get the one-up on somebody. Always trying to get the last word. Always trying to belittle somebody. Always trying to put somebody in their place. Always defending, defending. He just couldn't seem to help himself.

Tommy never grew up, never fully matured and was probably bullied a lot when he was a kid.

tommy-tallarico-getting-bullied.gif.865e95cc22587ff1905fa5765c1e0cb3.gif

When the internet came along he played role reversal behind his keyboard and monitor.

keyboard-warrior.gif.6ef0cca3fc2ed041ad7178057fc8ac53.gif

You can't put a child into the role of CEO and expect great things.

I would imagine his wife was more than likely a very lonely woman.

IMO Projection is one of his biggest traits.

"Projection is when someone attributes their own negative (or positive) feelings, flaws, and other quirks onto someone else or another group, and usually onto someone with whom they are having a disagreement. Someone who projects will shift blame to ignore their problems or weaknesses."

Tommy's paper trail is decades long and the internet never forgets.

He was also a crybully who acted like he was a victim.

He totally projected as did his sycophant Amicolytes. If he said someone was doing something it was literally because they were doing it.

He acted like it was still the 90s where things weren't as easy to check. It's why he got pissed at people for "holding what he said against him". I don't remember the exact phrasing, but it was him just saying he should be able to lie and not have consequences for it. It's why I like posting the Narcissist's Prayer. It is exactly how he acted and unfortunately he will never seek help for that type of thing as it goes against their nature.

I have a background in mental health, psychology, and sociology. I found this whole saga entertaining for those reasons alone. I literally got to witness a cult form and be born. It was so interesting!

RDT_20240511_2340498433166943464492411.thumb.jpg.e63be1a1f1e0d197ac724e280e2a7273.jpg

This post aged well and is so funny. 3 months before their initial date. He knew they had no investor, had no working console (OS/firmware/backend/certs) had no games, and no plan to get any of it done. It is 4 years later and they still don't have any of that. My gauge for the games is the 6 pack in. Those aren't even done as evidenced by Cornhole. Unfortunately, the faithful haven't asked John why he can't release Farkle, Skiing,  and Back Talk considering those "should have been done in early to mid 2020.

Also this is for you @Tommy Tallarico! I want you to have enough fuel to make it to the moon if you so desire!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Call it a stretch but you could put Tommy into the Lolcow category.  What we see here is a manchild saying things like, "This is gonna be sooo cool!  Just you wait!"  Like other lowcows and even horrorcows, they use psychological projection whenever someone approaches them with a question criticising them or calling them out just like TT does calling them crazy and stupid in the video above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frankodragon said:

Call it a stretch but you could put Tommy into the Lolcow category.  What we see here is a manchild saying things like, "This is gonna be sooo cool!  Just you wait!"  Like other lowcows and even horrorcows, they use psychological projection whenever someone approaches them with a question criticising them or calling them out just like TT does calling them crazy and stupid in the video above.

Two words: Infrastructure Week

• Haha 3

*Tommy voice* Here is a fair and honest look at Amico Cornhole improvements.

https://www.giantbomb.com/intellivision-amico/3045-181/forums/amico-fans-tommy-tallaricos-cornhole-has-been-fixe-1920221/

I find it hilarious that this points put how not even the testers are interested enough to know the Cornhole game is unbeatable. Just shows how the likes of Mike Mullis, Atari Creep, and DJC are liars/phony sychophants in their actual interest and defense of the console. The games are so bad that these guys can't even play through them enough to know they weren't complete.

It's all a testament to it was never about the games being good for these guys. It was about latching onto someone they thought would fill a hole in their life, and gave them the excuse to be horrible people to others.

It's all about the amcios we made along the way. 🤣

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I find it hilarious that this points put how not even the testers are interested enough to know the Cornhole game is unbeatable. Just shows how the likes of Mike Mullis, Atari Creep, and DJC are liars/phony sychophants in their actual interest and defense of the console. The games are so bad that these guys can't even play through them enough to know they weren't complete.

It was funny the times DJC showed a video of him playing Finnigan Fox and Evel Knivel and the load game screen showed he had played them for a total of 11 minutes or something.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

It was funny the times DJC showed a video of him playing Finnigan Fox and Evel Knivel and the load game screen showed he had played them for a total of 11 minutes or something.

I think his completion status was either in single digits or low double digits too.

It's funny how Tommy latched onto literally the worst people that don't fit into the "intended family demographic". He'll I had less than a third of my immediate family together today for mother's day and that was a total of 7.

I could have got more testing done in one weekend than those guys have in, a year? And unlike them and Tommy, I would have been honest about it.

But heck they did such a bad job, I can tell you without playing it that Cornhole isn't worth $15 incomplete.

57 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I think his completion status was either in single digits or low double digits too.

It's funny how Tommy latched onto literally the worst people that don't fit into the "intended family demographic". He'll I had less than a third of my immediate family together today for mother's day and that was a total of 7.

I could have got more testing done in one weekend than those guys have in, a year? And unlike them and Tommy, I would have been honest about it.

But heck they did such a bad job, I can tell you without playing it that Cornhole isn't worth $15 incomplete.

"Have you played it?"

15 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Before this failure, I had never even heard of Cornhole before, why would anyone think this is a hit-selling idea? 🤔

Market research, focus group data, umpteen billion gamers all clamoring for it, blah blah, etc 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Market research, focus group data, umpteen billion gamers all clamoring for it, blah blah, etc 

Assuming that was sarcasm.  Polls don't mean anything, in any category, they are just smoke and mirrors for the press.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Assuming that was sarcasm.  Polls don't mean anything, in any category, they are just smoke and mirrors for the press.

Very much so

That was always Tommy's "go to" whenever someone brought up any sort of "who's gonna want this?" type of concern.  So it became a bit of a running gag.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Before this failure, I had never even heard of Cornhole before, why would anyone think this is a hit-selling idea? 🤔

Tommy was pretty surface level intellectually. So he probably Googled/read some surface level article that he took at face value to equate his game will be a huge hit.

For everyone else who thought that, it was because Tommy told them it would be a huge success.

If you go with he wasn't blatantly lying about focus group stuff. I'd say a majority of "focus groups" was just them playing their own games and giving their opinions. He probably used his wife as evidence. If she didn't immediately go galloping off on her horse after getting some Evel Knievel on, that was a sign that casuals will love it!!!!

It was the same thing when he posted one or two articles about the average $ spent by mobile gamers. If you looked at it critically it didn't prove his point, but showed the gaps in his idea. Not to mention the average was $70-$80 which was $170 less than he was expecting them to pay. 🤣

• Like 3

On 5/12/2024 at 1:08 AM, MrBeefy said:

This post aged well and is so funny. 3 months before their initial date. He knew they had no investor, had no working console (OS/firmware/backend/certs) had no games, and no plan to get any of it done. It is 4 years later and they still don't have any of that. My gauge for the games is the 6 pack in. Those aren't even done as evidenced by Cornhole. Unfortunately, the faithful haven't asked John why he can't release Farkle, Skiing,  and Back Talk considering those "should have been done in early to mid 2020.

The Back Talk Party developer talked about their games (Blank Slate the other) in an interview a few years ago. Saying that for a while, all that remained was updating the game for any changes to the system api. Although the console system is android based, it's still a different platform than Android. Back Talk Party uses controller features more so than other games and porting the Amico game to Android could be more work, especially if it's not the developer doing the porting.  

All the games were developed by third parties. If IE doesn't have the source code, e.g. they don't own the source code, they wouldn't be able to port to Android, regardless of the development status of each game. Regarding the backend system developed internally, they claim things like downloading games and rfid support have been implemented. I suspect something like payment system integration might have been held back since it would involve a third party. Back in 2021/22, without a path to manufacturing and the company running out of money, things like that may have been put on hold.

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

It was understood, without saying it, that even with credible market research, it would still have to be proven in the market. Lots of risk. Doesn't mean companies shouldn't do market research, not for the press but for themselves. Maybe the right market research would have told them to stop this project before starting it.

18 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Neither have I but according to a 2022 Ipsos poll, cornhole is the sport most played by Americans, edging out bowling and swimming.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Neither have I but according to a 2022 Ipsos poll, cornhole is the sport most played by Americans, edging out bowling and swimming.

There we go with polls again, NOBODY ever polled me or my wife about ANYTHING.  All BS, polls are directed, that is why the orange clown and gramps are always near a tie.

EDIT: I'll have to find out how many of the 40 million people in CA play this weird game.

• Like 1