IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

On 4/13/2024 at 3:25 AM, roots.genoa said:

He was also supposed to frame a quote from TS Eliot (or someone like that) I mentioned to put on the wall of their HQ. 🙄

Put this on the HQ wall...

tommy-tallarico-intellivision-founder-board-member-investor.thumb.jpg.bf809f6612084cb1725e68bf2f2b1116.jpg

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

So just to remind everyone. They said they were totally ready for 10/10/2020, and it was just parts that caused them to delay.....

JNWtjFN.thumb.png.4b668dea460912cbad774d8f8bb8a26e.png

They never had their pack in games done. 🤣

Maybe the idiots will now believe the Fundable percentages? The only thing they had completed was board design and shell design. Nothing else was ready.

Now I will give them partial credit on the missing parts. The big missing part they needed was a competent team who knew what they were doing and could deliver a competent product.

See I'm fair. 😅

I remember the August 2020 delay announcement was advising they weren't ready. It was 2021 when they were using parts supply as an excuse. In summer 2021 they were showing in development work with Cornhole so we knew they were still working on that game. They weren't ever in a position to go to manufacturing, but the work with Cornhole doesn't look like something that couldn't get done during manufacturing preproduction prior to mass production. The backend systems, financing, risk tolerance were probably more the issue than game development. 

Edited by mr_me

Just when you think we can't get any more mileage out of the "It's on the launchpad" stuff, here they come again with yet more evidence of how blatantly they lied about that in order to con people. I don't think any of these games are actually finished. Shark Shark doesn't have the dash function of the original - supposedly left out because it'd be too complicated for people to grasp in 2020/21/22/23/24 etc. - but is that the actual reason? Or is it just that they slapped together a 90% complete game and decided to sell it anyway? We already saw that "racing" game demo that didn't even have AI...how's Astrosmash? Any glitches or bugs in it? Wouldn't surprise me. Their solution for Amico home and running the games is evidence enough of the bodge job they've pulled with half-finished code that has no business being near any storefront.

Everyone involved in this shambles is an absolute disgrace...from Tommy all the way down to the mindless drone shills who still try to defend this crap.  And yes, that unfortunately does include all those higher ups at Atari Age who allowed Tommy's behaviour under their roof.  After the Chameleon...how was that allowed to happen? All it takes is someone as mediocre as Tommy to flutter his eyelashes and all critical thought goes out the window? Mike Kennedy must be wondering how on Earth Tommy was granted so much leeway when he was raked over the coals.

• Like 3

Amico might be a step closer to actually being (on) a console.

From Discord today: "We are talking to Bash Box CEO Bill Mclaughlin about bundling the Amico Home app on the Bash Box and possibly a game as well".

For those unaware, here's more information about the Bash Box:

https://bashgamestudio.com/

"Unleash the Power of RK3588 Chipset:

At the heart of Bash Box lies the RK3588 Chipset, an engineering marvel meticulously crafted to deliver unparalleled performance. With its octa-core CPU and advanced GPU architecture, this powerhouse ensures seamless gameplay, stunning graphics, and lightning-fast responsiveness. Say goodbye to lag and hello to immersive gaming like never before.

Experience Android 13:

Step into the future with Android 13, the most advanced operating system ever to grace a gaming console".

Edited by livingonwheels
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I’m hoping somebody would ask “the testers” how come they never noticed this. It proves that not even those folks are playing these games.

12 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

My guess is the gameplay is so shitty that it's a blessing the AI-controlled players are weak, so that you can at least have a chance to win.

Well guys, when you suck at gaming as bad as DJC even a broken AI looks competent.

12 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

From Discord today: "We are talking to Bash Box CEO Bill Mclaughlin about bundling the Amico Home app on the Bash Box and possibly a game as well".

At the heart of Bash Box lies the RK3588 Chipset, an engineering marvel meticulously crafted to deliver unparalleled performance. With its octa-core CPU and advanced GPU architecture, this powerhouse ensures seamless gameplay, stunning graphics, and lightning-fast responsiveness. Say goodbye to lag and hello to immersive gaming like never before.

Experience Android 13:

Step into the future with Android 13, the most advanced operating system ever to grace a gaming console".

Amico was never more than a basic Android board. They were just incompetent and added extra boards for LEDs and to charge controllers. Back in February 2020 they passed on an offer from a manufacturer to source all parts and make the console. In 2021 they still hadn't finished anything.

They hedged their bets and thought they could sell but they are a joke so got no buyers.

As far as the games not being done, iirc they were begging people to work for free to finish games for them. Or maybe it was early 2022. Either way, games weren't done and should have been done at early 2020 to be ready for launch.

24 minutes ago, livingonwheels said:

Experience Android 13:

I'll just repeat my Reddit comments because that's about the effort that this is worth...

"Nice that the console is pre-yellowed."

"I know that the super-indie developers mean well, but based on what they produced for iiRcade, they're just not going to be polished titles. It's mind-boggling how unnecessary and non-competitive their Android box is, so I guess it fits in well with the current state of Amico."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, roots.genoa said:

Wow, they dare using a screenshot from the TMNT beat 'em up to tout multiplayer... 😰 I've seen their Pitfall wannabe and it's hilariously ugly. The Amico games look incredibly polished in comparison.

I've heard all the games won a Biffy award.

Also John admits controllers don't work with their OS. Probably explains all the live events with lag and disconnections.

Screenshot_20240415_151159_Facebook.thumb.jpg.7811b506ad5a1bf57335b62374cecaaf.jpg

They are totally on the launchpad!

giphy.gif.2d9e12c06d6a18e6dcc8cd7b4432aa8b.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

I remember the August 2020 delay announcement was advising they weren't ready. It was 2021 when they were using parts supply as an excuse. In summer 2021 they were showing in development work with Cornhole so we knew they were still working on that game. They weren't ever in a position to go to manufacturing, but the work with Cornhole doesn't look like something that couldn't get done during manufacturing preproduction prior to mass production. The backend systems, financing, risk tolerance were probably more the issue than game development. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Wow, they dare using a screenshot from the TMNT beat 'em up to tout multiplayer... 😰 I've seen their Pitfall wannabe and it's hilariously ugly. The Amico games look incredibly polished in comparison.

That Pitfall game was one of the stupidest trailers I have ever seen. 

• Haha 1

For what it's worth, the RK3588 is a decent performer, comparable to chips like the Dimensity 900 and Snapdragon 845, both of which are way more powerful than the Amico was ever likely to be. It's the sort of thing you'd be looking for if you were buying an Android gaming/emulation handheld in the $150-250 price range, depending on their other features. There were a fair few announced last year, even, although I don't think any of them have got to shipping yet.

That said, they retail in bulk for around $20, there are SBCs (e.g. Orange Pi5) that cost from around $60 using them, and quite where the added value comes from to get up to a $250 "console" for the living room is anyone's guess. It's only an extra $50 to get a Series S or Switch from that point and, even if you never play anything but indie games on them, you're still getting a vastly better class of those.

• Like 1

Saw something this weekend that makes me think Amico never had a chance in the marketplace.  I was in line at Chipotle  Saw a 4 year old with a phone playing a Sonic clone.  Touchscreen controls were left, right and jump.  Character was on 3 invisible tracks, so tapping left /right moved it one track over.  Super simple to play, colorful with very fast and smooth moving graphics.  Young kid was having no problem completing levels. 

Could not see why someone that age would prefer to play Cornhole, Shark Shark, Farkle or any other shown games.  Could not see why a parent would buy a console to hook up to a TV when they could just hand their child a phone they already own.

Amico would be DOA selling only to retro fans who had nastalgia for the old intelly games. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, rayik said:

Saw something this weekend that makes me think Amico never had a chance in the marketplace.  I was in line at Chipotle  Saw a 4 year old with a phone playing a Sonic clone.  Touchscreen controls were left, right and jump.  Character was on 3 invisible tracks, so tapping left /right moved it one track over.  Super simple to play, colorful with very fast and smooth moving graphics.  Young kid was having no problem completing levels. 

Could not see why someone that age would prefer to play Cornhole, Shark Shark, Farkle or any other shown games.  Could not see why a parent would buy a console to hook up to a TV when they could just hand their child a phone they already own.

Amico would be DOA selling only to retro fans who had nastalgia for the old intelly games. 

Exactly. Kids and moms are not dumb despite how he acted. Probably why he doesn't have either in his life considering his grandpa age. Or he would know, if he didn't put a scam before starting a family.

The ONLY chance it really had was staying at the announced price of $150. Then it could have been considered a budget buy for a simple console. Literally when it hit $200 the wife told me to get a Switch. She knew it had games she would like. 

All the old men who were excited really just wanted an Evercade to pee excitedly at the idea of a revived childhood. They didn't want kid or family friendly games or they would have pushed the Switch bashing more. It was being done already at $250 by a company who was established and known.

In other news some fun quotes. According to Tommy the games needed to be complete to start manufacturing. 🤣 Guess the holdup was Cornhole. Tommy was holding his two craps afterall.

6.thumb.png.82598ecdf991251a159b0a1bf0a7dfa0.png

And

Screenshot_2024-04-17_at_9_09.59_AM.thumb.png.7443d158f49d80ffcd5d4aac7960a786.png

Much like Jr. Do, Tommy would continue to crap in his diapers. A LOT.

:D

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Exactly. Kids and moms are not dumb despite how he acted. Probably why he doesn't have either in his life considering his grandpa age. Or he would know, if he didn't put a scam before starting a family.

The ONLY chance it really had was staying at the announced price of $150. Then it could have been considered a budget buy for a simple console. Literally when it hit $200 the wife told me to get a Switch. She knew it had games she would like. 

All the old men who were excited really just wanted an Evercade to pee excitedly at the idea of a revived childhood. They didn't want kid or family friendly games or they would have pushed the Switch bashing more. It was being done already at $250 by a company who was established and known.

In other news some fun quotes. According to Tommy the games needed to be complete to start manufacturing. 🤣 Guess the holdup was Cornhole. Tommy was holding his two craps afterall.

6.thumb.png.82598ecdf991251a159b0a1bf0a7dfa0.png

And

Screenshot_2024-04-17_at_9_09.59_AM.thumb.png.7443d158f49d80ffcd5d4aac7960a786.png

Much like Jr. Do, Tommy would continue to crap in his diapers. A LOT.

:D

That's why he has his own brand of diapers.

Tallarico_Diapers.thumb.jpg.1b9907e762c11334f6095f54b5c5ad4c.jpg 

(AI art still sucks at spelling.)

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Matt_B said:

He just put the errors in to check that you were paying attention.

Screenshot_20240319_130719_Chrome.thumb.jpg.61280708c19728b3492e7394d16666e3.jpg

You would think that marketing team and their video guy would have looked over their stuff first. It was promoting their product.

It really is just another testament to how poorly it was ran. It's like they needed to have more beer parties at the office. That might have fixed the issue.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:46 AM, number6 said:

This week's edition of the public service announcement/reminder for IE's TM attorney:

Your statement of use or extension to show use in commerce for "Intellivision Amico" is coming due soon.

You might wish to avoid uspto filing yet more abandonment notices on this principal TM which would require you taking more of your time and money filing for TM revival yet again.

Mr. Beefy can rest easy now. 

Another request for extension for "Intellivision Amico" TM was sent to uspto.

The request should be approved in a few days. This would give IE another 6 months before having to file for yet another delay or show proof to uspto they actually have a product using this TM "in commerce".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, number6 said:

Mr. Beefy can rest easy now. 

Another request for extension for "Intellivision Amico" TM was sent to uspto.

The request should be approved in a few days. This would give IE another 6 months before having to file for yet another delay or show proof to uspto they actually have a product using this TM "in commerce".

Whew! I was worried there for a minute. They did finally get the controller patent through.

Too bad they still don't have FCC certs for those controllers they are going to be manufacturing soon.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Too bad they still don't have FCC certs for those controllers they are going to be manufacturing soon.

Pretty sure someone said that someone said that they heard that someone told someone else that they got them, they just haven't submitted the paperwork yet or something silly like that.  But they're as good as got.

• Haha 4