IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

5 hours ago, Matt_B said:

I'll admit that I tend to hold off buying Sega games on PC until they patch it out. This often coincides with a Steam sale too.

I'm sure it sucks to be an early adopter, but that's true for a lot of other games given the tendency of practically everyone to release them in a bug-ridden state these days.

Sega still unfortunately has many games where they haven't removed Denuvo, sadly. I think it took them about a year and half after launch to remove it from Sonic Mania, for that matter, so you may end up waiting for some time.

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Sega still unfortunately has many games where they haven't removed Denuvo, sadly. I think it took them about a year and half after launch to remove it from Sonic Mania, for that matter, so you may end up waiting for some time.

That's OK. I can hang on and they can get used to waiting if they want my money. I didn't pick up Sonic Mania until it was in a Humble Bundle, for what it's worth. 😀

It does seem to vary from game to game though and both the Two Point ones had it removed in the first patch.

Edited by Matt_B

12 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Anyway I'd Never buy a Switch (umm probably heh) because it's a Modern System with No D-PAD.

You are misinformed.  There are other options for controllers besides the joycons.  I just got my Switch back in May of this year and one of my first purchases was THIS:

71VJ1lBFdRL._SL1500_.jpg

It's got a Dpad on it and works great for all the retro titles on the system.

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, atarifan88 said:

You are misinformed.  There are other options for controllers besides the joycons.  I just got my Switch back in May of this year and one of my first purchases was THIS:

71VJ1lBFdRL._SL1500_.jpg

It's got a Dpad on it and works great for all the retro titles on the system.

Yeah I just kind of threw that in there to get people going...

Yet,  that D-Pad is in the wrong spot.

Look for news soon that DJC and other YT faithful will get "production units". Only 25 made possibly. Can't refund people's money, can't give them Founder units, but they can give them to YTers they promised them to to rave about it and hopefully get more investment dollars.

• Like 4

Given DJC's paltry audience, most of which are surely just there for the lulz, they're surely not going to think that giving him one is going to spur on a rash of new investment or even pre-orders?

If they were actually capable of making fully functional preview units, they'd certainly seem better off putting them in the hands of channels with lots of subscribers. They'd need to be anticipating particularly poor reviews for that not to be the better strategy, at least.

There'd need to be some other reason (perhaps legal arse covering?) for them to do so.

Edited by Matt_B
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

DJC is an investor, surely giving him a console to give a glowing review (because that's obviously what he will do) is too shady and scummy for even Intellivision to do?

Oh well, if that's what happens, hopefully the necessary people are aware of it.

According to RetroBro they were all promised one. So anyone that goes on Amico Forever have incentive to not be critical of it.

Intellivision never said they were going to make 25 of them and DJC let that slip. Supposedly he was on FB already saying they aren't going to be hand assembled units. Guess they are going to try and call them Founder Editions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wayler said:

I miss Mr Me, this conversation is now too coherent and based in reality.

Shouldn't we be talking about how totally the FCC certs should have passed? And how it's super not a scam because no one made any money. 

Actually the FCC has passed, they just didnt upload the approval, they will within a few days of launch. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

According to RetroBro they were all promised one. So anyone that goes on Amico Forever have incentive to not be critical of it.

Intellivision never said they were going to make 25 of them and DJC let that slip. Supposedly he was on FB already saying they aren't going to be hand assembled units. Guess they are going to try and call them Founder Editions.

More like Flounders Editions. 

• Haha 6

55 minutes ago, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

I hope Mr Me invites us over for couch co-op when he gets his production unit, after all we've been through together.

In order to be more likable, like Mr. Beefy, I hear a rumor he is changing his name to Mr. Meat. Once that happens Mr. Meat will be un-beatable. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

DJC is an investor, surely giving him a console to give a glowing review (because that's obviously what he will do) is too shady and scummy for even Intellivision to do?

Oh well, if that's what happens, hopefully the necessary people are aware of it.

Why is a 20 million dollar upstart tech company leaking info to Youtubers. Very odd.  Almost like a way to get out misinformation and not held accountable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1