IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

12 hours ago, Wayler said:

I miss Mr Me, this conversation is now too coherent and based in reality.

Shouldn't we be talking about how totally the FCC certs should have passed? And how it's super not a scam because no one made any money. 

You can say they don't have fcc certification all day long.  If you say they haven't passed fcc testing then it can be pointed out that multiple engineers said they passed fcc testing, specifically fcc rf radiated emissions.

Someone said that certain founding partners have profited.  So it was pointed out that, according to the risk disclosure, those people still had more of their money invested and at risk in equity and loans then they had received in salary compensation, and no interest had been paid on loans.  Someone else said that not refunding deposit requests is fraud. So I said, that in itself, is a breach of contract not fraud.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

I hope Mr Me invites us over for couch co-op when he gets his production unit, after all we've been through together.

Not getting one, never had one on preorder.

Edited by mr_me

17 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I like helping out.  We all want the same thing, to know more about this project.

My point is that it is not logical to go so far out of your way to correct people who don't care about buying something that you yourself had already decided to not buy without actively going around trying to convince people not to buy it. If you were going around saying stuff like "don't buy this for (insert various logical reasons)", then I could understand it, but...

I mean, it's your time, so you can do what you want with it until you die or whatever, but you could have gotten a doctorate or cured cancer or learned Swahili or become an astronaut and gone to Mars or something in all the time you've devoted to discussing something that you never planned on buying. Or maybe not, I don't know.

At this point there probably isn't much left to know about the Amico except for when the seemingly inevitable funeral is.

For the record, you don't have to answer; it's a rhetorical question, the reason doesn't really matter, and it simply doesn't seem logical to me.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

36 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

But Atari Creep claims DJC said John Alvarado guaranteed Phil will have good news next week or so™️! 🥺

I take it that the good news will be that they have officially decided to stop wasting people's time with this thing and will officially announce that it's dead.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

You can say they don't have fcc certification all day long.  If you say they haven't passed fcc testing then it can be pointed out that multiple engineers said they passed fcc testing, specifically fcc rf radiated emissions.

The flaw, and the issue, is that you are assuming, and not even considering at all, about the possibility that maybe they were lying or weren't telling the truth, or what they say/claim may not be entirely accurate?

This fiasco/trainwreck/disaster/dumpster fire has been going on for several years now and after all the lies, inaccurate information, empty promises, exaggerated claims, misinformation, missed release dates, etc. along with the astronomical amount of incompetence that Intellivision has shown (Not just Tommy, but many of the other people at IE as well) do you really think that it's unreasonable for the "haters" to be skeptical of some of the things that they say & claim?

Edited by Pink
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pink said:

The flaw, and the issue, is that you are assuming, and not even considering at all, about the possibility that maybe they were lying or weren't telling the truth, or what they say/claim may not be entirely accurate?

This fiasco/trainwreck/disaster/dumpster fire has been going on for several years now and after all the lies, inaccurate information, empty promises, exaggerated claims, misinformation, missed release dates, etc. along with the astronomical amount of incompetence that Intellivision has shown (Not just Tommy, but many of the other people at IE as well) do you really think that it's unreasonable for the "haters" to be skeptical of some of the things that they say & claim?

I'm not assuming what they said, it is what they said.  I've been skeptical from the beginning, it's one of the reasons I would never preorder one.

Edited by mr_me
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I hate what Youtube has become, which is why I rarely use it, and when I do, I use it for educational purposes (Forgotten Weapons, etc.). It was way better before Google bought it and turned it into the zombie that is is now, but it probably would have become this way anyway after a while.

If Google didn't buy YouTube, it would have been litigated out of existence thanks to all the pirated content originally on the site. I can guarantee you if a large company like Google failed to purchase it, it wouldn't even exist right now.

56 minutes ago, Pink said:

No one's debating whether they said... you know what just forget it.

Fcc certification can be resolved.  They have much tougher problems than that.

Edit:  And saying that they don't have fcc certification is fine, as you know there are people checking every day.  Saying they haven't passed fcc testing or suggesting achieving fcc compliance is still a problem would be an assumption.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, MarioMan88 said:

It doesn’t truly matter what people assume, want or wish for. Truth is this will never come out in any form.

That is one of the most sensible posts in this fascinating thread. "Do not believe anything you hear and only half of what you see"(Grandpa).

• Like 3

15 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Look for news soon that DJC and other YT faithful will get "production units". Only 25 made possibly. Can't refund people's money, can't give them Founder units, but they can give them to YTers they promised them to to rave about it and hopefully get more investment dollars.

So... that's a youtube video of themselves watching a youtube video or does it change after a few minutes?  is that normal for someone to make content like that and for people to watch 1+ hours of someone else watching a video?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

So... that's a youtube video of themselves watching a youtube video or does it change after a few minutes?  is that normal for someone to make content like that and for people to watch 1+ hours of someone else watching a video?

Yes. This is what society has become. See: Twitch, where we don't play video games but instead watch strangers play them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

Fcc certification can be resolved.  They have much tougher problems than that.

Edit:  And saying that they don't have fcc certification is fine, as you know there are people checking every day.  Saying they haven't passed fcc testing or suggesting achieving fcc compliance is still a problem would be an assumption.

Obviously achieving FCC certification IS a problem or else they would have done it by now.

The issue is in saying they passed "FCC tests" doesn't mean they passed them all.   It's like asking a job applicant "Did you graduate?" and their reply is "I passed classes".   If they passed PE, they could truthfully say they "passed classes".   Now we've heard secondhand (at best) accounts of people saying "I heard they passed this test- which is the hardest test".   The person saying that could be lying. The person saying that could have misunderstood (they passed their own test but not an official one- because that testing costs $$$).  The person who told that person that they passed those tests could be lying.  We don't know because all OFFICIAL information is that they DID NOT receive FCC certification.  In fact, Nick and others admitted they had FAILED tests, and they never said they had subsequently passed previous tests they had failed.  If you disagree, find a DIRECT QUOTE from an official saying that they passed all their tests.   BTW, Nick summarizing his thoughts of FCC testing during a livestream doesn't count because Nickloved to talk in generalizations, but whenever asked directly "Have you passed all the tests" he has never ever said "Yes".  He's hemmed and hawed and said things like "we passed these tests and this test and we expect to pass the remaining a few weeks" but that's just another way of saying "No.  We have not passed all our test".  Prove me wrong with a direct quote.  You can argue all day long that it's "just paperwork" or "they can get that at any time", but if that were true there's no reason for them NOT to have done it already.  If you argue they are doing it to save money, that's just a silly argument.  They are going to have less money going forward (paying salaries, acquiring parts, lining up manufacturing, etc).  Not having that certification also gives people yet another reason not to give them money (either new investors, retailers, or preorders).  Having this "we totally can have FCC certification at any time" come from non-official sources is itself shady.  It looks like IE wants to spread what should be good news, but they don't want to open themselves up (more) for lawsuits from investors who could claim fraud.   Just look at the ridiculous hair-splitting going on.  "Well they don't need FCC certification to start manufacturing".   Technically true but also unbelievable.   If they manufactured units without certification, they can't sell them until they get that certification.   Even if the unit passed every test before manufacturing, there's no guarantee that when they go to get that final certification that the government might not have changed requirements.  IE could cry "But we passed all the tests and have already manufactured all our units!  We can't sell these now!  We're ruined!" all they want, but the bureaucrat's response would be "That's your problem.  The regs have changed.  You should have got the certification when you had the chance.  What kind of idiot manufactures units they can't legally sell?"

Edited by atm94404
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Yes. This is what society has become. See: Twitch, where we don't play video games but instead watch strangers play them.

I can kinda sorta somewhat understand the Twitch thing, as you mentioned it.  It’s not for me and I don’t watch it (which I suppose means I’m speaking from ignorance and should probably just shut up) but it seems like the digital/social media equivalent to people hanging around watching others play when we were kids.  I’d play a game while hanging out with some friends who would watch, hoping to see strategies or parts of the game that they couldn’t achieve on their own.

Or even hanging around a stranger who was kicking ass on an Arcade machine, watching them play.

Heck, I can even kinda seen it as similar to watching game shows on TV, or something like Pool, Darts, Bowling, etc

The part that’s strange (and sad) to me is the “next level removed” aspect of watching someone watching someone.   It’s like, in those examples above, if there’s a sad, lonely creeper outside the window watching my friends watch me play a game.  Or watching me watch a stranger at the arcade.  Or watching me watch a game show on TV, etc. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, atm94404 said:

Obviously achieving FCC certification IS a problem or else they would have done it by now.

The issue is in saying they passed "FCC tests" doesn't mean they passed them all.   It's like asking a job applicant "Did you graduate?" and their reply is "I passed classes".   If they passed PE, they could truthfully say they "passed classes".   Now we've heard secondhand (at best) accounts of people saying "I heard they passed this test- which is the hardest test".   The person saying that could be lying. The person saying that could have misunderstood (they passed their own test but not an official one- because that testing costs $$$).  The person who told that person that they passed those tests could be lying.  We don't know because all OFFICIAL information is that they DID NOT receive FCC certification.  In fact, Nick and others admitted they had FAILED tests, and they never said they had subsequently passed previous tests they had failed.  If you disagree, find a DIRECT QUOTE from an official saying that they passed all their tests.   BTW, Nick summarizing his thoughts of FCC testing during a livestream doesn't count because Nickloved to talk in generalizations, but whenever asked directly "Have you passed all the tests" he has never ever said "Yes".  He's hemmed and hawed and said things like "we passed these tests and this test and we expect to pass the remaining a few weeks" but that's just another way of saying "No.  We have not passed all our test".  Prove me wrong with a direct quote.  You can argue all day long that it's "just paperwork" or "they can get that at any time", but if that were true there's no reason for them NOT to have done it already.  If you argue they are doing it to save money, that's just a silly argument.  They are going to have less money going forward (paying salaries, acquiring parts, lining up manufacturing, etc).  Not having that certification also gives people yet another reason not to give them money (either new investors, retailers, or preorders).  Having this "we totally can have FCC certification at any time" come from non-official sources is itself shady.  It looks like IE wants to spread what should be good news, but they don't want to open themselves up (more) for lawsuits from investors who could claim fraud.   Just look at the ridiculous hair-splitting going on.  "Well they don't need FCC certification to start manufacturing".   Technically true but also unbelievable.   If they manufactured units without certification, they can't sell them until they get that certification.   Even if the unit passed every test before manufacturing, there's no guarantee that when they go to get that final certification that the government might not have changed requirements.  IE could cry "But we passed all the tests and have already manufactured all our units!  We can't sell these now!  We're ruined!" all they want, but the bureaucrat's response would be "That's your problem.  The regs have changed.  You should have got the certification when you had the chance.  What kind of idiot manufactures units they can't legally sell?"

As far as we know they haven't manufactured any commercial units, so they haven't needed fcc certification.  And they might have a ways to go before they get to that point.  Fcc certification should be part of the manufacturing process.  Probably between pre-production and mass production.

They would however like to know that their prototype is fcc compliant.  And, according to their engineers, they passed rf emmissions tests.  That has been described as the critical test.  Fcc requires tests for a couple of things, unintended radio frequency emissions and intended radio emissions.  Intended emissions would be the wifi and bluetooth signals.  That comes from a supplied module that's been in other fcc certified devices, it's power levels are software controlled.  It's the unintended rf emmissions that engineers are concerned most about, because they might have to modify the design to be compliant.  Which, according to their engineers, they've done.  If they change the design, e.g. different components, they would have to re-test or re-certify.  Their CFO did say something about already having to qualify two designs because of component supply.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1