IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

You can say they don't have fcc certification all day long.  If you say they haven't passed fcc testing then it can be pointed out that multiple engineers said they passed fcc testing, specifically fcc rf radiated emissions.

Someone said that certain founding partners have profited.  So it was pointed out that, according to the risk disclosure, those people still had more of their money invested and at risk in equity and loans then they had received in salary compensation, and no interest had been paid on loans.  Someone else said that not refunding deposit requests is fraud. So I said, that in itself, is a breach of contract not fraud.

Not getting one, never had one on preorder.

Correct, the FCC is not passed. 

E793DB0F-A4D7-4895-A399-34FC842C3472.jpeg

6DE59FD4-9FC1-48F3-A54C-FC0D2F12AB62.jpeg

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, atm94404 said:

The issue is in saying they passed "FCC tests" doesn't mean they passed them all.   

Correct. The most recent update from an engineer is that they hope it will pass. This means it failed and they went back to fix something. They never took it back to test. FCC is an all or none. There is no partial credit. 

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Correct, the FCC is not passed. 

E793DB0F-A4D7-4895-A399-34FC842C3472.jpeg

6DE59FD4-9FC1-48F3-A54C-FC0D2F12AB62.jpeg

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Give up guys, you will never beat your Mr. Meat. 

That comment is NSFV.

• Haha 3

Below is what the third engineer said in a reddit post about a month ago, talking about revisions made early last year to be fcc compliant.  He didn't say hopes it passed, he said "it passed the preliminary tests", "If we went back for the final certification, it would have passed".  In fcc certification, preliminary testing determines the worst case rf emissions of the product, so they would know what it's emitting during preliminary testing. The timeline is also consistent with what the cfo said in an interview, that they changed the hardware in early 2021 for fcc compliance.  The cfo also said they passed fcc testing, in summer 2021.  The other two engineers in a different video also said they passed fcc radiated emissions testing in summer 2021.  So testing prior to revisions in early 2021, then testing again in summer 2021.  Nobody is saying they got fcc certification, only testing.

"The hardware was last rev'd over a year and a half ago. Firmware can always be improved but it could have ship a while ago. The hardware isn't as powerful as Xbox and Playstation but it could be fun. It was fun playing the current games. I was looking forward to seeing what creative and inventive ways developer could do with the hardware. The Atmosphere prototype was going to do some cool things with the lights and music."

When asked why it's not fcc certified:

"It passed the preliminary tests. It's not so hard to add some ground planes to shield some of the high speed signals. Why we didn't get the final certificate? I don't know. I'm not a money guy."

"No, testing was done at the lab and we fixed some signals that were out of spec. If we went back for the final certification, it would have passed."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Intellivision_Amico/comments/w5p62t/comment/ihez1a6/

Edited by mr_me

Even if they had FCC certification they've still got hardly any money or staff, have closed their offices, there's a mountain of debt and their last fundraising event died on its arse.

It's just the tip of a mountain of things they'd have to sort out from a company who have repeatedly lied about pretty much everything.

You might as well ask what happened to the rest of their ESRB ratings. They got one a while back, but that's it so far. Presumably that was a meaningless check box just to impress someone and distract from all the other things that were supposed to have happened, but hadn't yet and probably won't ever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Below is what the third engineer said in a reddit post about a month ago, talking about revisions made early last year to be fcc compliant.  He didn't say hopes it passed, he said "it passed the preliminary tests", "If we went back for the final certification, it would have passed".  In fcc certification, preliminary testing determines the worst case rf emissions of the product, so they would know what it's emitting during preliminary testing. The timeline is also consistent with what the cfo said in an interview, that they changed the hardware in early 2021 for fcc compliance.  The cfo also said they passed fcc testing, in summer 2021.  The other two engineers in a different video also said they passed fcc radiated emissions testing in summer 2021.  So testing prior to revisions in early 2021, then testing again in summer 2021.  Nobody is saying they got fcc certification, only testing.

"The hardware was last rev'd over a year and a half ago. Firmware can always be improved but it could have ship a while ago. The hardware isn't as powerful as Xbox and Playstation but it could be fun. It was fun playing the current games. I was looking forward to seeing what creative and inventive ways developer could do with the hardware. The Atmosphere prototype was going to do some cool things with the lights and music."

When asked why it's not fcc certified:

"It passed the preliminary tests. It's not so hard to add some ground planes to shield some of the high speed signals. Why we didn't get the final certificate? I don't know. I'm not a money guy."

"No, testing was done at the lab and we fixed some signals that were out of spec. If we went back for the final certification, it would have passed."

https://www.reddit.com/r/Intellivision_Amico/comments/w5p62t/comment/ihez1a6/

If ... then.  If ... then.  if ... then

Who cares. 

Cebus is right.  ignore time.

• Like 2

I know I said I was going to see myself out, and I will this time, but last night I had a sudden strange epiphany: while I have not cancelled my Founders Edition thing yet (apparently there isn't anyone over there to actually process the request anyway, so not much point in trying as of now), if I do I will have actually made profit on this thing because of the fluctuation in exchange rate; the yen just hit its 24-year low against the USD recently and $100 is worth more yen now than it was 2 years ago. Now it's only equivalent to what I originally paid plus about an extra 2000~3000 yen or so, but it is still technically profit and more than enough money to buy some expensive food, so not bad in the end, I guess.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Ahh, Ignore Thread time. Alas, poor sole Amico thread, I knew ye well.

Are you trying to say.....

THIS THREADS NOT FOR YOU!

10 hours ago, rayik said:

Who cares. 

If it's and buts were candy and nuts then IE would be the Wonka factory.

Oh wait....

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, rayik said:

Who cares. 

There's no ifs in what the four of them said about passing fcc testing.  They're clear about passing fcc radiated emissions testing and they're also clear about not getting fcc certification.  You don't have to believe what they say, but we're discussing what they said.

And looking back at the video with the other two engineers, one said they got test results in November 2020. So a hardware revision around January 2021, and then testing again when lockdowns relaxed around June 2021 where they passed fcc radiated emissions testing, according to what they said.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

There's no ifs in what the four of them said about passing fcc testing.  They're clear about passing fcc radiated emissions testing and they're also clear about not getting fcc certification.  You don't have to believe what they say, but we're discussing what they said.

And looking back at the video with the other two engineers, one said they got test results in November 2020. So a hardware revision around January 2021, and then testing again when lockdowns relaxed around June 2021 where they passed fcc radiated emissions testing, according to what they said.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Comedy Reaction GIF by Jo Koy

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

Technically true,

IIRC, the next question asked was about respecting the hardware guys and the work they've done, while wondering why they never resubmitted...And what the hardware guys thought of the mismanagement at the top.  I wonder why the engineer then went silent?  We always seem to get some answers,  but never all the answers...

If you're talking about that reddit post, this was the next question:

"So you think it was just a lack of interest from the executives?"

And this response from the engineer:

"There was an incredible amount of interest. Sometimes thing$ are out of your control. It's easy for outsider to look in and criticize and make assumptions. I can tell you there was a lot of hard work from everyone and we were not faking the hardware. I have more respect for people trying to build the impossible then the negative people saying it can't be done."

No more questions, only comments.  And the engineer did respond in an earlier comment when asked why they didn't certify fcc.

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

You don't have to believe what they say, but we're discussing what they said.

I think that's where you guys keep going in circles so much.  You're focused on and discussing "what they said," and most others have moved past that and focusing on "here in the real world..."

At this point, if we all just took "what they said" at face value and moved on, we'd be believing some pretty stupid crap.   Member of leadership is NY Yankee Hall of Famer, I believe?  That's "what they said," but I wouldn't wanna go out and try to convince anyone of it's truth.  But that's "what they said..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

I think that's where you guys keep going in circles so much.  You're focused on and discussing "what they said," and most others have moved past that and focusing on "here in the real world..."

At this point, if we all just took "what they said" at face value and moved on, we'd be believing some pretty stupid crap.   Member of leadership is NY Yankee Hall of Famer, I believe?  That's "what they said," but I wouldn't wanna go out and try to convince anyone of it's truth.  But that's "what they said..."

Yup. Living in the real world means you are a hater, phony, gaming racist, or some other nonsense. Don't you dare question the Amico reality distortion field.

Truth is IE lied about a lot of things. It is almost easier to list what they were honest about at this point.

Even if it was released it is still DOA. No consumer on their right mind would buy an Amico over any other modern console. The only reason to buy it is because of the name Intellivision and that doesn't make it good.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

The problem is, does anyone but you and the last few Youtubers actually believe anything that Intellivision Entertainment has said in the past, there credibility is shot. 

So no, until the official FCC website says its approved/passed/whatever….its not ready. 

Now lets talk about the CE certification.  Is that passed? That is a different entity, where is that website to check that. I doubt CE is passed. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

Just getting ready for when someone says CE has already been passed. 

0C6A1EA8-DF0D-4701-8A64-B63332D7EEE5.jpeg

They totally passed as evidenced by the lack of anything you found. They passed because I believe in unicorns, and they crap out CE certifications. So because of that they totally have it. Amico is my friend and it never let's me down.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1