IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Reddit Shreddit's problem is that he cites people associated with the project as a source, that would be like citing my cousin's neighbor's dog as a source in a term paper.  (Although the dog has a better track record of honesty than Mr Shreddit or anyone who worked on the Amico project.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

Sheesh, don’t you hater certification seeking folks... 

The former CEO said me and others were haters. Therefore we have already passed our hater certification. Don't you know that certifications are given based on words. Not testing and passing. Hater certification preliminary tests were passed when any reasonable talk was made in regards to Amico. Only magical thinking and having head in sand will make it where you can't pass hater certs....

/s

6 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Reddit Shreddit's problem is that he cites people associated with the project as a source, that would be like citing my cousin's neighbor's dog as a source in a term paper.  (Although the dog has a better track record of honesty than Mr Shreddit or anyone who worked on the Amico project.)

Don't give them the idea to say the dog ate the Amico.

Actually that might be true. I think the dog will drop its morning Amico when you let it in the yard.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Rev said:

The problem is, does anyone but you and the last few Youtubers actually believe anything that Intellivision Entertainment has said in the past, there credibility is shot. 

So no, until the official FCC website says its approved/passed/whatever….its not ready. 

Now lets talk about the CE certification.  Is that passed? That is a different entity, where is that website to check that. I doubt CE is passed. 

You're making assumptions about me that contradict what's been said in this thread.

As the experts here have advised they should get certification prior to producing consumer units.  Since they haven't yet produced consumer units they haven't needed certifications.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

The former CEO said me and others were haters. Therefore we have already passed our hater certification. Don't you know that certifications are given based on words. Not testing and passing. Hater certification preliminary tests were passed when any reasonable talk was made in regards to Amico. Only magical thinking and having head in sand will make it where you can't pass hater certs....

If you made it into Tommy's Hater Folder you may be eligible for Hall of Fame status. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Rev said:

If they manage to get out 20 to 30 Amico prototypes to the press and YT’ers, will they say Amico has been “released”? 

Yep.  They'll say it was "released," was a huge success and met with overwhelming positivity.  And that the only negative comments were from the sore losers who weren't able to get one, since demand was so high they couldn't possibly meet it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:51 AM, mr_me said:

There's no ifs in what the four of them said about passing fcc testing.  They're clear about passing fcc radiated emissions testing and they're also clear about not getting fcc certification.  You don't have to believe what they say, but we're discussing what they said.

And looking back at the video with the other two engineers, one said they got test results in November 2020. So a hardware revision around January 2021, and then testing again when lockdowns relaxed around June 2021 where they passed fcc radiated emissions testing, according to what they said.

They say a lot of things, so why should any of us give them the benefit of a doubt and believe them on their word, especially in 2022?    Until I see actual evidence of them passing FCC I'm going to default to the position that they probably haven't. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/27/2022 at 9:51 AM, mr_me said:

There's no ifs in what the four of them said about passing fcc testing.  They're clear about passing fcc radiated emissions testing and they're also clear about not getting fcc certification.  You don't have to believe what they say, but we're discussing what they said.

None of us are doubting whether they said it or not. We all know they said it. What we are skeptical of is whether what they said is true/accurate or not. And based on IE's history of lying & general overall incompetence, why should we believe them? How many times over the past several months have John or Phil said to DJC that they have good news coming in days (And not weeks or months)?

You alone are discussing what they said, while some of us were discussing (or trying to) about whether or not as to what they said is true or not.

Edited by Pink
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

If you made it into Tommy's Hater Folder you may be eligible for Hall of Fame status. 

Well I do have a badge...

HaterFolderBadge1.gif.db48311eee973b3fe5a6e5cdb23d3e9e.gif

8 hours ago, Rev said:

If they manage to get out 20 to 30 Amico prototypes to the press and YT’ers, will they say Amico has been “released”? 

I think they will. The YTers will say "SEE HATERS IT EXISTS!" Ignoring that no one disagrees that some form of a prototype has existed. They will claim them to be Founder Units despite them not being from said run. They will most likely act like this means they are gearing up for a big run.

More great news soon! DJC will continue to forget to divulge in every Amico video that he is an investor, which is a FTC no, no.

The rest of us will still believe it is a crapshow and ask of it is on the store shelves or being sent out to other paying customers. We will question why they spent so much money on a small batch of units while not givimg everyone their requested refund. We will still question how they expect it to compete with Switch at the same price point. 

Great success! Next up is getting those certs completed! 🤡🤡

6 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Yep.  They'll say it was "released," was a huge success and met with overwhelming positivity.  And that the only negative comments were from the sore losers who weren't able to get one, since demand was so high they couldn't possibly meet it.

I really wish this wasn't hyperbole. Remember when the former CEO said they had more people interested in them than Playdate? 🤣 

• Haha 9

3 hours ago, Pink said:

None of us are doubting whether they said it or not. We all know they said it. What we are skeptical of is whether what they said is true/accurate or not. And based on IE's history of lying & general overall incompetence, why should we believe them? How many times over the past several months have John or Phil said to DJC that they have good news coming in days (And not weeks or months)?

You alone are discussing what they said, while some of us were discussing (or trying to) about whether or not as to what they said is true or not.

What their engineer said (or didn't say) was brought up by others.  I didn't pick this subject for discussion.  In fact I only learned about the engineer's reddit comments when others posted about it here.

Edit:  And the discussion was about if one engineer contradicted what other engineers said or if they were all consistent.

Edited by mr_me

13 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What their engineer said (or didn't say) was brought up by others.  I didn't pick this subject for discussion.  In fact I only learned about the engineer's reddit comments when others posted about it here.

Jesus Christ, is this still being discussed?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

Jesus Christ, is this still being discussed?

Some people struggle with the fact that IE doesn't have its Amico FCC or CE certs. I don't think @Rev has posted those pictures enough. My guess is that he has been muted. Then those people wouldn't see it and it would make sense why they struggle with the fact they don't have FCC certs. 

I think after gorging themselves on the lies and tripe of those at IE, they have maybe developed a taste for it?

But hey remember how John Alvarado said Phil was suppose to announce something good in days and not months. Here we are at around a month. I mean they can't seem to hit hardly any self imposed deadline/time frame.

But great success! They have their trademarks! They have worked hard at hardly working to achieve the barest of minimums.

tumblr_b06e58801e1d64e351edd9d4aac35d1f_da046622_1280.thumb.png.7096703ca2954c3ca867e7c4d6c72d00.png

Edited by MrBeefy
Added timeline
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I think they will. The YTers will say "SEE HATERS IT EXISTS!" Ignoring that no one disagrees that some form of a prototype has existed. They will claim them to be Founder Units despite them not being from said run. They will most likely act like this means they are gearing up for a big run.

I can't wait for the debate about whether shipping a dozen prototypes for YouTubers means the Amico has been released or not. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

16 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I can't wait for the debate about whether shipping a dozen prototypes for YouTubers means the Amico has been released or not. 🙂

It'd be a similar end to the Spectrum Vega Plus, where they cobbled together 80-odd units from production samples and prototypes. I'm pretty sure they only did that so they could say that they fulfilled as many orders as they could until the money ran out.

That definitely didn't count by my book and, if that's the best Intellivision can do, it wouldn't either.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

If it goes like some of the other 'discussion' points, expect to see about five million posts about what the definition of 'released' is. lol

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Some people struggle with the fact that IE doesn't have its Amico FCC or CE certs. I don't think @Rev has posted those pictures enough. My guess is that he has been muted. Then those people wouldn't see it and it would make sense why they struggle with the fact they don't have FCC certs. 

It's not right to misrepresent what other atariage users are saying like this.  It's not typical behaviour in other sections of atariage.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

It's not right to misrepresent what other atariage users are saying like this.  It's not typical behaviour in other sections of atariage.

We've heard both sides many times already... lack of FCC certs uploaded vs. statements from Amico staff/representatives. The dead horses deserve some respect.

Do the FCC certs matter? They do, but if there's issues, then probably just a few months worth of CEO/etc. interest payments could fix that. It's not rocket science (launchpad reference), but could require some specialized skills. It does show, however, that it's highly unlikely that the production circuit board is ready for manufacture and assembly. If they're smart ;), they're going to want to have the FCC certs as a gating action, prior to start of manufacturing.

The real question is whether any of this is actually being worked on or not. Are people working on the PCB/FCC? Are people working on part sourcing? Do they (still) have money available for parts and manufacturing and assembly? Manufacturing isn't for the faint of heart. Many companies would prefer to license out their assets, and have other companies deal with the risks involved in manufacturing. Is the current board interested in manufacturing at all, or do they want to change course, and just slap the Intellivision logo on things? I have no idea on the answers, but based on the lack of updates/evidence, I'm guessing not too much is happening with regards to preparing for manufacturing.

• Like 3

The assumption there is that the last hardware revision from early 2021 didn't address fcc compliance like they said it did according to their claims of positive test results later that summer. So far they've been reluctant to go to manufacturing, and therefore reluctant to obtain certifications.  Exact reasons are unknown but there is the current cost/supply of components and more importantly the financing of the manufacturing.  Last we heard from them, financing wasn't there.  Without financing, not much is going to happen.