IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

He didn't promise a video.  Nor does he decide if a video gets made or shared.

Seven months ago he said "we need to show the game purchasing and box edition redeeming next." He explained this would convey to those outside of Intellivision that it is working.

Not sure how you are privy to the delegations at Intellivision or why John doesn't get to decide if videos get made. He partakes in live streams (even chatting at length during what they stated was a 'quiet period') and is the only Intellivision staff seen in the last video, as Chief Technology Officer he seems fully capable of making such decisions if it helps the brand.

I'd still rather see the demo from a third party and as a live stream. We know from John's unboxing video the edits can be deceiving. The boot time is about six times longer in DJC's than John's video depicted.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 3

Don't want to be the one breaking this buffet of academically high and witty discourse but I just watched this bald british man talk about ZX Spectrum Vega+

Never really had delved into this subject but now having watched it, it feels a bit mundane and pedestrian compared to the Amico. And the money involved is peanuts. An entertaining romp nonetheless. 

How many more months or years when the Amico pierces the bubble and hits the mainstream in similar glorious fashion? It probably hasn't received a documentary treatment, because there is no closure yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

He didn't promise a video.  Nor does he decide if a video gets made or shared.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? He can share a video. He’s an executive with this “company”. He is able to do this. For you to say otherwise would mean that either 1: you have inside knowledge and work for them and haven’t been honest or 2: you have no idea what you are talking about. Kind of like the board debacle. Give it up, or name your sources.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MattPilz said:

Seven months ago he said "we need to show the game purchasing and box edition redeeming next." He explained this would convey to those outside of Intellivision that it is working.

Not sure how you are privy to the delegations at Intellivision or why John doesn't get to decide if videos get made. He partakes in live streams (even chatting at length during what they stated was a 'quiet period') and is the only Intellivision staff seen in the last video, as Chief Technology Officer he seems fully capable of making such decisions if it helps the brand.

I'd still rather see the demo from a third party and as a live stream. We know from John's unboxing video the edits can be deceiving. The boot time is about six times longer in DJC's than John's video depicted.

He may have said that, and he did say it would probably be his next video. But he did not promise a video.

edit:

Of course the system boot in the box reveal video was edited.  Do android systems boot in five seconds?  I remember that being asked and discussed in one of those live streams.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Have mustaches or other hairy body parts been discussed yet?

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

They have now. So this has already been discussed.

Do they have their HDMI license yet?

***Sorry I don't do Photoshop (or whatever) ,,,,***

crap.thumb.jpg.6d960746a34e0c59ce87f844eb8211c1.jpgDoes   HDMI   Mean image.jpeg.1795825874947840f2a8844423d0b07b.jpegimage.jpeg.1993ee4c1811b14a1fb306be53c52254.jpeg

Hairy Definition Mustache Intelligence ?  crap.thumb.jpg.6d960746a34e0c59ce87f844eb8211c1.jpg

image.jpeg.8636596a752591e66ff54c51c66ab80b.jpegimage.jpeg.1ae0571da7ad8753552447435ae50333.jpegimage.jpeg.2d0a9be9cb1f437ae40baace5a9d967a.jpegimage.jpeg.96b4742c8fda342b2a4d53f98707aa72.jpeg    image.jpeg.838fef2e0dbc591de9a0078caca80278.jpegimage.jpeg.b1fb175f0bb92d350f1a0f8d2e12b95f.jpegimage.jpeg.9922e159e35e9136b12c8997f9f1cbd7.jpegimage.jpeg.6cf37fb17740ce50b55d603a2849953e.jpegimage.jpeg.8a6ef9c44163d095e03c01fd82976c84.jpegimage.jpeg.45ff88046e0c15adaa5e38d7e97bdf79.jpeg

Apologies...

Edited by GoldLeader
But not nearly enough!!
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GoldLeader said:

***Sorry I don't do Photoshop (or whaetver) ,,,,***

crap.thumb.jpg.6d960746a34e0c59ce87f844eb8211c1.jpgDoes   HDMI   Mean image.jpeg.1795825874947840f2a8844423d0b07b.jpegimage.jpeg.1993ee4c1811b14a1fb306be53c52254.jpeg

Hairy Definition Mustache Intelligence ?  crap.thumb.jpg.6d960746a34e0c59ce87f844eb8211c1.jpg

image.jpeg.8636596a752591e66ff54c51c66ab80b.jpegimage.jpeg.1ae0571da7ad8753552447435ae50333.jpegimage.jpeg.2d0a9be9cb1f437ae40baace5a9d967a.jpegimage.jpeg.96b4742c8fda342b2a4d53f98707aa72.jpeg    image.jpeg.838fef2e0dbc591de9a0078caca80278.jpegimage.jpeg.b1fb175f0bb92d350f1a0f8d2e12b95f.jpegimage.jpeg.9922e159e35e9136b12c8997f9f1cbd7.jpegimage.jpeg.6cf37fb17740ce50b55d603a2849953e.jpegimage.jpeg.8a6ef9c44163d095e03c01fd82976c84.jpegimage.jpeg.45ff88046e0c15adaa5e38d7e97bdf79.jpeg

Apologies...

Hey for some this will work as confirmation they have their FCC certs done as well as the HDMI. Launchpad here we go!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? He can share a video. He’s an executive with this “company”. He is able to do this. For you to say otherwise would mean that either 1: you have inside knowledge and work for them and haven’t been honest or 2: you have no idea what you are talking about. Kind of like the board debacle. Give it up, or name your sources.

He doesn't just like he doesn't know that some of their parts are most likely EOL. I don't think he works for them. Unless you consider taking it to heart when told to disagree with people like me as "working for the company".

It's pretty obvious he doesn't like me pointing out IEs flaws while having ignored all the nasty things said by others here towards me. He was pretty upset at "ridiculing them", because you know they've done everything great!

unknown.thumb.png.6655e6a11a8db1bdc02cdceff66427f9.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rowsdower70 said:

C'mon now you're not even trying.  

This too has been discussed before, several times.  The company talks about things they are working on, what they have planned.  Things change.  Then people accuse them of breaking promises, lying. 

A lot has changed since that comment about a video.  The company has been gutted for example.  This is a product that has yet to be released.  Product features are still subject to change.  They should be very careful what they share.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

He doesn't just like he doesn't know that some of their parts are most likely EOL. I don't think he works for them. Unless you consider taking it to heart when told to disagree with people like me as "working for the company".

I don't disagree.  I've been talking about engineering changes due to component supply for a long time, that's if they ever get to manufacturing.  Any specific component you think is end of life? The company has already talked about an example of a component that's gone end of life that they had to deal with.

Edited by mr_me

5 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but to me, Intellivision Amico is presumed dead until proven otherwise, and sending 2 units to those true believer weenies isn’t proof of anything. 

That's a reasonable way to look at it. It's basically been on life support since 2021.

The fact that those two are the best they can do just show they don't have anything worth showing. 

These guys have been wetting their britches over games they'd be calling shovelware if they were on Switch. Not only are these games comparable to shovelware on the Switch, it is one expensive and no evidence it is even better than eshop shovelware.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

A lot has changed since that comment about a video.

But John has still been teasing this planned video as recently as a few weeks back on DJC's stream. If Intellivision doesn't have the resources to film and upload a video then they probably should stop alluding to it. Or more logically could save the effort and just let one of their established Youtube-capable testers demonstrate it (Mike or Chuck) at no cost to them. They don't even have the building they used to film all of their videos at anymore so DJC's living room seems as good as any to demo it in.

19 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The company talks about things they are working on, what they have planned.  Things change.  Then people accuse them of breaking promises, lying.

On that point, I can't imagine they thought in mid-February that they'd actually be announcing a hard release date by the end of that month knowing everything we do now, and yet that was what the CEO and CFO continued to proclaim across various platforms. I pre-ordered the Founder Edition specifically on that vow from Phil that we'd be hearing a launch date that month and that pre-ordering would lock in the price point...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but to me, Intellivision Amico is presumed dead until proven otherwise, and sending 2 units to those true believer weenies isn’t proof of anything. 

I feel the same way.   It's a dead project until they show evidence of shipping finalized units to actual consumers.  Shipping some old prototypes to the most truest of believers doesn't count. 

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

For anyone who is too dumb to understand what lying or to lie is I give you this.

Screenshot_20221030_230558.thumb.jpg.06d6fbce8fd924238a38828104b51f5b.jpg

They have broken both versions of this definition.

1. J Allard is an Avenger and part of the team -> uh he didn't do anything SEC.

2. On launchpad, could still make October 2020, April 2021, summer 2021, december 2021, Q1 or Q2 2022, there will be videos at various points in time, console price will never go above this, placeholder graphics instead of stolen, Yankee HOF, physical games, all games are exclusive, physical media, big YTers lined up, every Wouldn't that be something, games will never go above a certain price, console is ready, no lag, special 2d chip, first American to work on a Sonic game, chip shortage is why there's no Amico, we won't crowdfund, preorders are 100% refundable at anytime, sneak peak was a joke, I never lose.

When almost literally everything someone says isn't true, it isn't about things changing. It is about being a habitual liar who is unreliable. 

Also there's way more that I didn't list here.

Truth is anyone labeled a hater actually gave the company more credit than they deserved. The company probably spent more time making 'hit lists' of podcasts, YTers, forum members to attack, and find pictures and addresses of them, their kids, wives, and ex wives (yes they spent time on this), than they did trying to actually produce something.

Amico isn't safe, isn't affordable, isn't family friendly. It is only entertaining in the dumpster fire sort of way. I will give them that.

giphy.gif.b4b98cb8418823a272e0e03a6a33ce69.giftenor.gif.e5f3ff7d7be42acad694bad957216475.giftumblr_f722739824b2e135d7ec650decfd862b_45bd9857_400.gif.00c923c13cf77fac21efdea3b690e53d.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MattPilz said:

I guess it depends on your definition of "need". 🙂

10 hours ago, Wayler said:

Never really had delved into this subject but now having watched it, it feels a bit mundane and pedestrian compared to the Amico. And the money involved is peanuts. An entertaining romp nonetheless.

Since I've backed the Vega+, I'm gonna explain yet again why it was very different.

1) The Vega+ was the follow-up to the Vega, which was also funded with Indiegogo but shipped. And the "team" behind it had made other stuff before, so they had experience in that regard contrary to Intellivision Entertainment; initially there was no f'n reason not to trust them.

2) During the campaign, we learned that the main engineers left the company. We obviously didn't know it at the time, but they went on to make the C64 Mini (actually the break-up could have been caused by them negotiating for the C64 without telling the rest of the company). So basically we had a few days left of the campaign to "decide" if the remaining team would be able to produce the Vega+ anyway, and we didn't know at the time the engineers left with a lot of stuff (especially the Spectrum emulator).

3) Contrary to Intellivision Entertainment once again, the remaining team showed a TON of prototypes (there are pictures literally full of them). We didn't necessarily see them functioning, but they at least built them. Also they didn't need games, so it was a lot less alarming than the Amico situation. Sure they didn't communicate a lot, but in my experience, it's often the case with Kickstarter, no matter how it ends up.

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

the "team" behind it had made other stuff before, so they had experience in that regard contrary to Intellivision Entertainment

Are you saying that Tommy's hundreds and thousands and millions of music albums is not other stuff??? I am shocked, shocked to the core!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, MattPilz said:

On that point, I can't imagine they thought in mid-February that they'd actually be announcing a hard release date by the end of that month knowing everything we do now, and yet that was what the CEO and CFO continued to proclaim across various platforms. I pre-ordered the Founder Edition specifically on that vow from Phil that we'd be hearing a launch date that month and that pre-ordering would lock in the price point...

My comment was not a blanket statement for everything they said.  We were talking about a specific video.  We know they were working on finding investments to fund the company, and securing short term financing for manufacturing.  We don't know what they thought they had at the time. These examples are more reason they have to be careful with what they say.  But for those with preorders, their final price and remaining balance hasn't changed as far as I know.

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

1. J Allard is an Avenger and part of the team -> uh he didn't do anything SEC.

2. On launchpad, could still make October 2020, April 2021, summer 2021, december 2021, Q1 or Q2 2022, there will be videos at various points in time, console price will never go above this, placeholder graphics instead of stolen, Yankee HOF, physical games, all games are exclusive, physical media, big YTers lined up, every Wouldn't that be something, games will never go above a certain price, console is ready, no lag, special 2d chip, first American to work on a Sonic game, chip shortage is why there's no Amico, we won't crowdfund, preorders are 100% refundable at anytime, sneak peak was a joke, I never lose.

I'm not here to defend what they say, but I will clarify some of the things that's been said.  The document Republic filed with sec shows sec, in a call, inquiring how Allard leaving the company might affect product development.  The document said his role was an "advisor" during "the final stages of hardware development". His role was not in engineering, he didn't manage engineers.  "Considering his contributions overall, Mr. Allard has not played a material role in Amico product development.", is what the filing said.  As previously discussed, there was a panel talk where Allard himself gave an example of his contribution.

The original release date was announced about two years prior in 2018, before even hiring their engineering and development staff.  Even without a pandemic, people wouldn't have been surprised if it wasn't met.  When announcing a new date, they talked about office shutdowns and restrictions affecting their business as well as other companies they work with. They talked about that ongoing risk due to the pandemic, probably shouldn't have set another date in that environment. They did have working prototypes ready.  By early 2020 they finalised specifications e.g. controller orientation, usb ports, storage memory, touchscreen technology, materials. In 2018 they probably were thinking actual physical media.  Even in the first product press release, exclusive games were clarified as exclusive versions. They talked about the mistake referring to a 2D chip.  Haven't heard complaints about lag from those that played it. They may have had big youtubers lined up, won't need them with the change to small production runs. There were videos. They were refunding the entire $100 deposit.  For those with outstanding refund requests they would still owe 100% of the deposit amount.  Did they say game prices would "never" be higher.  There can always be uncertainty, mistakes, and changes made during product development.  It's why most companies are careful with what they share with the public.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1