IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

6 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

It’s hard to tell if he was just trying to be funny, but the guy would type FIRST! in the comments of all their promo videos, hours before they were made public. 

I think I might have been FIRST! along with @SegaSnatcher in receiving forum moderator smack down for disrespecting that “veritable industry icon.” 🤢🤮

Yeah, for simply making valid criticisms/points that still hold up to this day, but that is water under the bridge. 

And still no Amico in sight, interesting how that works. 

I'm still baffled how offended he got when I called him a "Music Guy".   How dare I bring up the thing he's most known for as a way to point out where his actual talents lie in the gaming industry.  It sure as hell wasn't selling consoles. 

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Yeah, for simply making valid criticisms/points that still hold up to this day, but that is water under the bridge. 

And still no Amico in sight, interesting how that works. 

I'm still baffled how offended he got when I called him a "Music Guy".   How dare I bring up the thing he's most known for as a way to point out where his actual talents lie in the gaming industry.  It sure as hell wasn't selling consoles. 

Looks like its back to music and screw making the console. 

• Like 3

It sounds typical of Tommy not to be paying the musicians in the orchestra or even telling them anything about the show they're going to be in. The way he saw it, it was probably just a privilege for them to be on the stage with him.

The idea that people might want to see an orchestra playing video game music, without his self-indulgent LARPing as a rock star, probably never even crossed his mind.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, mr_me said:

Some context would be helpful because those sprites weren't used in the 1978 NFL Football cartridge.  There were two other Intellivision football games that weren't released.

Mattel artist Dave James is usually credited for the running man animation.

image.png.944bee444a5f8319e8ef4f04f89d3892.png

I went back and found the post.

Someone asked Did the Intellivision "running man" show up anywhere else besides the INTV "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" game?

Karen Nugent was among the replies, posting the photo along with the comment "Original animation for NFL Football on pixel paper." When someone asked "where did you get that?" she replied "I did it. The original is now at the National Videogame Museum."

MobyGames credits her on the following games for graphics: The Black Cauldron (1986), BurgerTime (1983), Mission X (1983).

I'm not an Intellivision guy so I'll let you figure the rest out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt_B said:

It sounds typical of Tommy not to be paying the musicians in the orchestra or even telling them anything about the show they're going to be in. The way he saw it, it was probably just a privilege for them to be on the stage with him.

Indeed, that's why they all remember the day they were graced by Tommy's presence. For him, it was just Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

I went back and found the post.

Someone asked Did the Intellivision "running man" show up anywhere else besides the INTV "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" game?

Karen Nugent was among the replies, posting the photo along with the comment "Original animation for NFL Football on pixel paper." When someone asked "where did you get that?" she replied "I did it. The original is now at the National Videogame Museum."

MobyGames credits her on the following games for graphics: The Black Cauldron (1986), BurgerTime (1983), Mission X (1983).

I'm not an Intellivision guy so I'll let you figure the rest out.

She was one of the artists working with Dave James at Mattel.  James would have been the contact with the programmers.  If that work was done in 1977/78, it would have been one of several proposals because it wasn't used in the cartridge.

Edited by mr_me

Someone should make a Tommy AI chatbot. Based on that video, it should be easy. Everything will just be 1 of 5 canned responses, except for at least half the time the chatbot will just interrupt with an unrelated rambling self-aggrandizing tall tale.

I'll pay someone to do it for me then take all the credit later, unless it doesn't get popular, because then I won't care.

Anyone want to chip in? The chatbot is assembled, it's on the launchpad, I just need the fuel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Someone should make a Tommy AI chatbot. Based on that video, it should be easy. Everything will just be 1 of 5 canned responses, except for at least half the time the chatbot will just interrupt with an unrelated rambling self-aggrandizing tall tale.

I'll pay someone to do it for me then take all the credit later, unless it doesn't get popular, because then I won't care.

Anyone want to chip in? The chatbot is assembled, it's on the launchpad, I just need the fuel.

That Would Likely Be Something, Wouldn't It™

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Did you know that I worked closely with NASA and the Mars rover project? I have such great knowledge about the importance of lights from my symphonic concerts that they asked me about proper lighting for the rover! Pretty cool huh? When I showed them the best lighting to use they built it around my light recommendation! Totally cool!

8 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Did you know that I worked closely with NASA and the Mars rover project? I have such great knowledge about the importance of lights from my symphonic concerts that they asked me about proper lighting for the rover! Pretty cool huh? When I showed them the best lighting to use they built it around my light recommendation! Totally cool!

That makes sense. I remember when I was the FIRST AMERICAN on the moon, I was on Team Apollo from the start and worked hand in hand with Armstrong and Aldrin for FIVE YEARS. They actually built the moon just for that landing I did.

My mother is very proud.™️

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

That makes sense. I remember when I was the FIRST AMERICAN on the moon, I was on Team Apollo from the start and worked hand in hand with Armstrong and Aldrin for FIVE YEARS. They actually built the moon just for that landing I did.

My mother is very proud.™️

Are you mocking me? HOW DARE YOU! Going everywhere with your 2 friends and their CONFIRMED multiple alt accounts. You are so butthurt that I helped us get to Mars when they wanted to go to Venus.

They just want to destroy what we are doing and are getting desperate. We are going to rock that Mars and their tears will be even sweeter. I never loose.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Looks like someone at least made a soundboard: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I finally watched that full video from hbomberguy.   Big OOF indeed, I don't smoke, but I needed a cigarette after watching that.

The Amico contoversy alone was damaging enough, but that video went through a full deep dive on all of his shady behavior through the years.  The evidence is pretty clear of his many exaggeration, straight up lies and deceit, and I would question why anyone at this point would try to defend him. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I finally watched that full video from hbomberguy.   Big OOF indeed, I don't smoke, but I needed a cigarette after watching that.

The Amico contoversy alone was damaging enough, but that video went through a full deep dive on all of his shady behavior through the years.  The evidence is pretty clear of his many exaggeration, straight up lies and deceit, and I would question why anyone at this point would try to defend him. 

Nailed it!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

TBH you know that even if they were shown all this, the likes of DJC and Mike "I love you Tommy" Mullis would still defend Tommy and attack hbomberguy for the "hit piece".

That hbomber guy just lurks here in this thread. I've seen his disgusting behavior and things he's said about me talking to Pat, Ian, and kevtris.

Yo hbomber are you scared that my channel is competition for your fake account. Saying disgusting things and stalking my wife all day.  Saying things about me and the folks in this thread. They are pretty disturbing things. His friends are sending me death threats. He's just a jealous untalented gatekeeping.

What's up bud? How about you be a mature adult and have a civil conversation?

:D

• Haha 8