IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

7 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

I had seen some of them already, but I just realized how ridiculous all their thumbnails look, as if they were parodies from haters in fact.

They sound much more like Home-Shopping-Network style hosts than modern influencers.  I guess that qualifies as retro. 

Cyrus's excited voice reminds me of these shows, from the 90s, with guys who would try to sell bizarre collections of knives.  There would often be a really excited dude with a booming voice and goofy names for the deals like: "Dave's Big Bash". 

THE KNIFE SHOW on PAX TV

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Cults?

While the investors have been royally screwed, at least the Tommy and the Amicos cult is not a sex cult.

8 hours ago, rayik said:

Simple theory is that all the behavior you discuss and office window dressing was just to keep the money coming in so they could make as much money as possible regardless of whether a console was released. 

Cults like their money. I think you have two things going on. Company floundering and trying to get money anyways they can. Clown CEO who all he could do was build a cult of personality around him. Cult leader clown CEO used his flying monkey's for company benefit.

While I don't think all of IE is a cult, it was ran by a cult leader. There is some signs that some company members are brainwashed with the talk of, "The world NEEDS Amico." No it doesn't. Remember this console was built to be your friend. Some people took the name a little to literal I think. They also hired interns to go around social medias checking on the discussions there and to follow people.

So I think there could be an argument made that the company is a cult too. However, I just think the cult aspect of it centered around the former CEO and President of IE. 

7 hours ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Mike "I love you Tommy" Mullis said that on a stream earlier this year. He said that the more money that goes into giving people their refunds makes him getting his Amico less likely, and his preference lies with the latter.

They only care that they get what they want. They don't care if it is successful, or if you get yours.

They also desperately want to be right.

4 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

I'm "NotSure" about that.  I am sure that goofy animal videos are, almost always, better than Amico reaction videos. 

That is ADORBS.

2 hours ago, Rev said:

At this point in time, Amico looks like a parody of a good console. 

I think Intellivision has been a parody of a company.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

That is ADORBS.

If you really want to pick your lower dental rack up off the floor, mash "Watch on YouTube" on the seemingly dead link.  It's a sheep-herding dog that pulls it's own sled up a hill and then rides down, like a complete pro.  

For some reason, that YT channel must not like embedded videos. 

On a semi-related note: I would still give Amico Skiing a whirl, if they ever release it.  

Edited by Tommy2D
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I had seen some of them already, but I just realized how ridiculous all their thumbnails look, as if they were parodies from haters in fact.

Literally every single one of the shill videos had a thumbnail where their mouths were open.  I suspect tommy told them all to do it for some reason, on the theory being it "helps the algorithm" to promote the videos.  In reality, it just made them look silly.  It was so prevalent we came up with a name for it: "cuke face".  I am not sure how cuke face started, maybe because their mouths were open so wide you could stuff a whole cucumber in there? 🥒

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

They sound much more like Home-Shopping-Network style hosts than modern influencers.  I guess that qualifies as retro. 

Cyrus's excited voice reminds me of these shows, from the 90s, with guys who would try to sell bizarre collections of knives.  There would often be a really excited dude with a booming voice and goofy names for the deals like: "Dave's Big Bash".

One of these hosts just passed away (Don West, he used to sell baseball memorabilia if I'm not mistaken). 😔

(sorry for ruining your great post)

• Sad 3

On 12/29/2022 at 12:19 PM, Flojomojo said:

I'm not a lawyer either, but bankruptcy is forgiveness of debts. They need to show that their business losses were real, and that the remaining assets are divided equally. I suspect the company officers who put money into the Amico would like to limit their damage as much as possible? Some of them have already collected a lot of interest from their loans to themselves. This is from Reddit:

image.png.87c36702a04160f5a01905941e85162e.png

To clarify, that table shows all the directors including the former ceo have accrued interest on the loans but haven't collected any.  It shows they're each still owed principal on those loans, unless there's more information somewhere else.

4 hours ago, kevtris said:

Literally every single one of the shill videos had a thumbnail where their mouths were open.  I suspect tommy told them all to do it for some reason, on the theory being it "helps the algorithm" to promote the videos.  In reality, it just made them look silly.  It was so prevalent we came up with a name for it: "cuke face".  I am not sure how cuke face started, maybe because their mouths were open so wide you could stuff a whole cucumber in there? 🥒

It's fairly common in the competitive world of youtubing. Who's "we"?

https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/why-everyone-makes-dumb-faces-in-youtube-thumbnails/

14 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

If you really want to pick your lower dental rack up off the floor, mash "Watch on YouTube" on the seemingly dead link.  It's a sheep-herding dog that pulls it's own sled up a hill and then rides down, like a complete pro.  

For some reason, that YT channel must not like embedded videos. 

On a semi-related note: I would still give Amico Skiing a whirl, if they ever release it.  

Okay just got to watching this one and it's great too.

Speaking of Skiing, it seemed to be the only one that had polish for the longest time. Then you started to see less of all the games. Then they did those Deep Dives showing how they stole assets. Then nothing again. 🤣

If they wanted to be a little better at keeping up the facade, they should release more videos of the games.

That is assuming they aren't all riddled with assets acquired from less desirable means. 

• Like 1

professor farnsworth futurama GIF

Today was the release of the Amico console as noted by Amazon UK. All you haters are out of luck as it is no longer available. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Koch-Distribution-ITVA01-UK-61ST-Intellivision-Electronic/dp/B089M6P1DJ

Wait until you see all the great reviews from mothers, the elderly, toddlers, and 3.1 billion people! All the gaming racists will weep as the Nintendo Switch quakes in fear because it will never beat the Wiis numbers like Amico will!

This is a great Amico day!

1207526945_tumblr_789b10fc3d7b1083b9e0b7ae2cbd53a8_b4ae8638_400(1).gif.f0b5767173d1d5e47af533df98a79597.gif

• Haha 5

27 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

professor farnsworth futurama GIF

Today was the release of the Amico console as noted by Amazon UK. All you haters are out of luck as it is no longer available. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Koch-Distribution-ITVA01-UK-61ST-Intellivision-Electronic/dp/B089M6P1DJ

Wait until you see all the great reviews from mothers, the elderly, toddlers, and 3.1 billion people! All the gaming racists will weep as the Nintendo Switch quakes in fear because it will never beat the Wiis numbers like Amico will!

This is a great Amico day!

1207526945_tumblr_789b10fc3d7b1083b9e0b7ae2cbd53a8_b4ae8638_400(1).gif.f0b5767173d1d5e47af533df98a79597.gif

I think the "Running Man"TM falling down dead is what really sells it,...

But it's OK,  They're only Temporarily out of stock.

Haha  Right!  I believe that like I believe "Easy-to-use controllers: "

Poor Amicolytes!

wanttobelieveDoge-5ade20ce3418c600361a7c

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, GoldLeader said:

I think the "Running Man"TM falling down dead is what really sells it,...

But it's OK,  They're only Temporarily out of stock.

Haha  Right!  I believe that like I believe "Easy-to-use controllers: "

Poor Amicolytes!

wanttobelieveDoge-5ade20ce3418c600361a7c

You know, a dog in a banana suit may literally fly out of Tommy's butt before the console releases.

20221231_165930_0000.thumb.png.5c013b43bef12d5802be3e251b899f8d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Happy new Amico year everyone!

Amazon has declared 2024 to be the year of Amico. Has anyone ever seen a bigger video game company who has never produced a console, nor a game?

Screenshot_20230101-082425_Amazon_Shopping.thumb.jpg.79dfb8fe01460e8cf473028f98fa9f8c.jpg

Amazon must not have seen the employees saying it will be coming out soon. FCC certs alhave not been obtained. They still have around 6 months to fix the hardware to get it to pass so it can be ready by Q1 2024.

20230101_015514_0000.thumb.png.79676561742f586fb80d97042ca57840.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2